Sexual assault allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: F!@#ing Great... sex assault allegations

If all they did was have consensual sex with someone who regretted it then they're not the ones who put the club into this position, the accuser is.
I read that article to imply that although she was "pressured" into it somewhat, she still consented at the time and didn't try to fight them off or anything like that. Seems only afterwards that she really expressed her regret about what had taken place, not unlike the Matty Johns incident I guess.
yep. matty johns lost his jerb on TFS, but his character wasn't completely shot to pieces as he is now hosting his own successful show. if that case was a scenario of forced rape, there is p much no way he could still front the public media. so it's a very grey area. it will be interesting to see how the club reacts.

the problem is that most sociologists and psychologists who study power relations, whom the general populace take their cues from in scenarios such as this due to their self-proclaimed academic authority on such matters, will still view it as black and white (lol) case of rape regardless of whether consent was provided, despite the inherent flaws in such assertions.

As has always been the case despite the fact that most of us know the name and they aren't to hard to find the names haven't been publically released so naming the players is still defamation and as the poster you are legally responsible.

As has always been the case despite the fact that most of us know the name and they aren't to hard to find the names haven't been publically released so naming the players is still defamation and as the poster you are legally responsible.

This isn't legally quite right, but it's probably a good stance to have and it's better to be safe than sorry.

I'm guessing a court order??? ;)

Actually it's because of cancer, but thanks for your valuable input on our board. Hope it made you feel better...

If she "felt" pressured into it then she knows what to do and what not to do. It is very difficult for the other participants to pick up on the "vibe" of a person who is "feeling" pressured if she doesn't assertively say "NO" and reading between the lines it sounds as though she at no stage expressed herself.

From their point of view it seems they were just going along with someone who was willing to have sex with them. The fact the guy who supposedly "forced" her to give him oral sex shared a cab with her afterwards shows to me that from his point of view it was just another night out with a girl who was up for some fun.

She has had regrets later after telling her friend who then probably "pressured" her into reporting it.

So if it were consensual...

Who the F*** claimed this big story of "Pack Rape" in the Australian to be the claims of the alleged victim? Heads need to roll over this.

If the alleged victim has exaggerated the story to gain comfort from friends and then reported to Police it as fact... the Police leak the story to the press (???), or the alleged victim (???) or the alleged victims friends (???) the self proclaimed alleged victim needs to held accountable as false accusations (especially as serious as they are) its a crime.

I have been falsely accused of serious allegations in the past... twice (of 2 different serious crimes at 2 different times). I can tell you right now it affected me long term alot more than you could imagine.

If the victim has been wrong done by I will be the first to say lock them up with Bubba the jail sugar daddy and throw away the key...

But if the woman involved consented and then to get comfort from her friends over her own conscience lied to gain this comfort and then reported these lies to Police... ruining reputations of people who did no wrong by her... then I hope nothing good of her and hope she is publicly disgraced.

I have no sympathy upon anyone who ruins anothers reputation purely for their own resurrection of their own.

Who the F*** claimed this big story of "Pack Rape" in the Australian to be the claims of the alleged victim? Heads need to roll over this.

If the alleged victim has exaggerated the story to gain comfort from friends and then reported to Police it as fact... the Police leak the story to the press (???), or the alleged victim (???) or the alleged victims friends (???) the self proclaimed alleged victim needs to held accountable as false accusations (especially as serious as they are) its a crime.

I have been falsely accused of serious allegations in the past... twice (of 2 different serious crimes at 2 different times). I can tell you right now it affected me long term alot more than you could imagine.

If the victim has been wrong done by I will be the first to say lock them up with Bubba the jail sugar daddy and throw away the key...

But if the woman involved consented and then to get comfort from her friends over her own conscience lied to gain this comfort and then reported these lies to Police... ruining reputations of people who did no wrong by her... then I hope nothing good of her and hope she is publicly disgraced.

I have no sympathy upon anyone who ruins anothers reputation purely for their own resurrection of their own.

Which is exactly what happened in the Matty Johns case, a career ruined after what was consentual group sex the girl went bragging to her work mates about it, who then called her a ****. She felt embarrassed so reported it to the police...:thumbsdown:

:thumbsu:

Player? (Not players..?) Mini duckling or coaches' pet?

Indirectly...showed the collingwood team checking in the airport to go to Bali, and a player who arrived at the international terminal a few hours earlier to avoid the media

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry O tweeted they are over in Bali, presumably for O Bree's wedding, but the media are also there too keeping an eye on them. Not sure if it's just a general scoop on the premiers holidaying or they want more goss or potential pissup stories from Kuta pubs or the like, or hassling them over the sexual allegations. The media should piss off and let them holiday and celebrate in peace!

edit- here is video footage the herald sun has already put up arriving at denpasar, interestingly they focus on a particular player. I'm starting to think that this issue will be resolved quickly, because
a) police has let him travel O/S
b) collingwood has let him travel O/S

If things were bad he would be under law to stay in the state, or if the club thought he was engaged in bad things, he would be packing his bags elsewhere
http://video.heraldsun.com.au/1607503463/Pies-relax-in-Bali

I've heard from a very good source who one of them are... but from what I've heard he will be ok.

seems a few others think they know too. probably should have read the forum before I posted. Doesn't mean we are talking about the same player though.

I'm sure we've all seen them named on that website that posted their identities. One thing, I doubt the cops would be too fussed about him going overseas, because it's unlikely the guys involved would be flight risks. But as others have said, here's hoping it does mean that the allegation has been essentially discredited.

How big a factor is alcohol in the investigation? Not from alcohol affecting their actions but the memories of the people involved. I'm not an expert but surely it is unlikely that the girl remembers the incident how it happened and the same for the players involved.

I just heard on Nine Late News that the Collingwood players alleged of sexual assault have denied everything/any wrong doing. Will post more when I hear it but thats the basic jist of what they said in the small AFL news segment.

Yeah they said that early on in the evening as well. They reported that Eddie said both players have told him they have done nothing wrong. Let's hope they havnt...

Posted this on the main forum thread...

Not sure if these articles have been linked yet

Sex-probe Pies deny wrong-doing, says AFLPA
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/se...005-165j7.html

Magpie players deny sex assault claim
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-assault-claim

For some reason I have a feeling that perhaps the boys happened to be at the house when this incident took place but did nothing wrong themselves, and have therefore been questioned as witnesses. Eddie was surprisingly calm when discussing the issue today. Perhaps he is very confident in the boys' story?

If this is the case and these denials are honest, then our attention and care should be moved onto the young lady involved. She's obviously gone through an absolutely terrible night that few of us could comprehend.

Posted this on the main forum thread...

Not sure if these articles have been linked yet

Sex-probe Pies deny wrong-doing, says AFLPA
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/se...005-165j7.html

Magpie players deny sex assault claim
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-assault-claim

For some reason I have a feeling that perhaps the boys happened to be at the house when this incident took place but did nothing wrong themselves, and have therefore been questioned as witnesses. Eddie was surprisingly calm when discussing the issue today. Perhaps he is very confident in the boys' story?

If this is the case and these denials are honest, then our attention and care should be moved onto the young lady involved. She's obviously gone through an absolutely terrible night that few of us could comprehend.

We should be worried about how the _f_ it managed to become such a massive deal in the media so soon after it being an incident and preventing the mud sticking to the players 'involved' if that's the case.

Here's hoping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sexual assault allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back