Sexual assault allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: F!@#ing Great... sex assault allegations

Bit hard to ignore it mate...These players need to know that they aren't above anyone else...As was said in an interview "Maxwell pulled us all aside before our first day and said 'I dont care what number pick or where you came from, you are all equal from this point forward'"

All players should realise that they aren't special just cause they play footy, they are the same as the rest of us when it comes to law and order

Don't know if this is addressed to me, but there is a difference between an abstract point about law and behaviour, and then speculating in the style of a tabloid rag about what players may or may not have been involved in an incident with absolutely no detail provided.

Posting names of players and suggesting they committed a sexual assault is one thing but naming some players that I thought may be assisting in inquiries is another & I didn't think that was wrong. If it was I sincerely apologise.

Don't know if this is addressed to me, but there is a difference between an abstract point about law and behaviour, and then speculating in the style of a tabloid rag about what players may or may not have been involved in an incident with absolutely no detail provided.

Nah mate I agree with you 100%

I was replying to the "don't let it dampen our celebrations" Couldnt be bothered quoting

Posting names of players and suggesting they committed a sexual assault is one thing but naming some players that I thought may be assisting in inquiries is another & I didn't think that was wrong. If it was I sincerely apologise.

Naming players assisting is fine if it is factual and confirmed.

Nah mate I agree with you 100%

I was replying to the "don't let it dampen our celebrations" Couldnt be bothered quoting

Yep, fair enough.

This is disappointing.

Let's hope nothing comes out of it, but if the reports are true, then we can do nothing but condemn the player as per the law requires.

We should not have to wake up to this a day after our premiership victory.

This is disappointing.

Let's hope nothing comes out of it, but if the reports are true, then we can do nothing but condemn the player as per the law requires.

We should not have to wake up to this a day after our premiership victory.

Thats one thing I'm glad about, the news outlets were strong enough (or maybe forced) to hold off on the story till today...since the allegation came yesterday morning, it could easily of overshadowed the whole weekend

It shouldn't overshadow the weekend unless its 100% fact and confirmed, so whoever helped stem the news till today, a big Thank You

At the moment it is just a complaint, most likely a misunderstanding between two parties. A statement is expected to be released this afternoon. Most of them had their girlfriends out with them... god i hope it blows over, if dids and shaw can come back from that media storm a few years ago we can come back from this

So Damien Oliver gets "under police investigation" without revealing what for because he hasn't been charged and you're innocent until proven guilty.....

but like FEV and now THIS...it's sexual assault allegations...the double standards are bs

bs tabloid journalism...ffs Fev was suspended by the club and no charges have been laid after a month....now our board is forced to act on tabloid journalism...

meanwhile, despite the strong rumours, Damien Oliver is allowed privacy and justice to take it's natural course.

Let's just chill, wait for due process, and if someone is guilty of something then the law should take care of it. Nonetheless, Pies should keep out of it and let the police deal with it, we don't know much at the moment but if a player was guilty of something along these lines then we shouldn't want him at the club.

Let's just chill, wait for due process, and if someone is guilty of something then the law should take care of it. Nonetheless, Pies should keep out of it and let the police deal with it, we don't know much at the moment but if a player was guilty of something along these lines then we shouldn't want him at the club.

Surely the degree of the assault should be taken into consideration.
Calling a woman a bad name is not a good thing but should they be sacked because of it?

Surely the degree of the assault should be taken into consideration.
Calling a woman a bad name is not a good thing but should they be sacked because of it?

Of course it depends, we don't know much about what the allegations exactly are at the moment, so if it's something verbal then, really, **** happens and all parties should just get over it.

Thats why we shouldnt laugh at Stkilda. We are fans and we shouldnt be worried about these kind of stuff its out of control and these allegations will not put my celbrations off. I hope its not true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People need to understand something simple about law:

Sexual Harrassment = Verbal/Untowards behaviour
Sexual Assualt = Physical

I so knew this was coming. I just knew it. I'm also even more worried about who I think it might be too.

People need to understand something simple about law:

Sexual Harrassment = Verbal/Untowards behaviour
Sexual Assualt = Physical

In all fairness. These days, a slap or pinch of the ass is now considered 'sexual assault'. This could either be REALLY bad, or absolutely nothing.

The Collingwood Football Club can confirm that two of its players have made statements to police about an alleged incident reported to the police on Sunday.

The club is leaving the investigation to the Victorian Police and as a result will make no public comment until it has established all the clear facts.

The AFL have been advised and are also in communication with the Victorian Police.

The club will not make further comment until the Victorian Police has finalised its investigation.

from www.collingwoodfc.com.au

Collingwood FC just released a statement saying it's not saying anything:

Collingwood FC said:
The Collingwood Football Club can confirm that two of its players have made statements to police about an alleged incident reported to the police on Sunday.

The club is leaving the investigation to the Victorian Police and as a result will make no public comment until it has established all the clear facts.

The AFL have been advised and are also in communication with the Victorian Police.

The club will not make further comment until the Victorian Police has finalised its investigation.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/103674/default.aspx

It probably sounds bad but... I couldn't care less.
The black and white just won their 15th flag ;)

No point in stressing until anything is confirmed people, could all be worrying about nothing.

We know nothing, let's face it.

So there is no use "guessing" either who the players involved are, or what they "allegedly" did.

Sit back, and wait, that's all we can do, the Police will do their jobs, and the truth will come to light eventually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sexual assault allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back