Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

anybody want to put foward their pre season best sides form all over the comp??
If trav can keep there heads clear Kilmore should be the big mover this year, Avenel should win it again, eastern hill will struggle big time, Tallarook will be there usual selves very hard to beat, Alex will be in the finals, before i determine how broady goes i need to know if chippies in or out? seymour will be seymour will win a couple of games, as there rebuilding program continues, they must wish the other clubs could produce young players at a faster rate for them, and yea could be a real suprise packet.
Thats the A grade will have a go at the Bs & Cs in three weeks.
Anyway good luck to all and let the games begine.:thumbsu:

the rookery cruised to an easy win at seymour today. after losing the bad tarran early (wayne 1) the rook went on to post 2-234 with the captain paul arandt (the good brother) making a swash buckling 108 and the good watts (lachie) making 80 odd not out. no stand out bowling apart from the good tarran (joey) gettin 2 for 5 off 9. brock's bitches ended up around 8 4 160 odd.

thornton played seymour yesterday in the b grade at thornton Seymour all out for 107 in the 45th over thornton 3 for 112 off 25 over dave evans 58no and tim phelps 35no

Couple of good Seymour CC young blokes there Fishy. I think big Dave Tomkins may have played 1st's at Essendon last Satdy?

Tomkins played round 1 in the 1st XI against Uni... not sure if he was picked this week.

Any other results from yesterday?

Avenal the favourites particularly with new allum recruits adding bowling depth. Tallarook with P Arandt at the helm will be very strong too, particularly with youngsters L Watts, L Irving and D Martin looking to improve as well. Alex will be in the mix depending on how much Hilly plays. Kilmore, enough said. Very Competitive. Yea could be the smokey with R Akers, L Atkins, Puppy in the order, looking for big improvements from Clements (x2) and Belsten for the bowling. Broadford will struggle with big losses in form of Blackwell and Douglas. Seymour still developing, but will suprise in a game or two. Boddington to take plenty of wickets. Eastern Hill will be competitive with Mr Reliables (Hager, Hanley) and looking for developments in Bergowicz and young B Coil.

End of Season Ladder (Prediction).

Avenal
Tallarook - premiers
Kilmore
Alex
Broadford

Batting: P Arandt (Rook)
Bowling: S Nichol (Alex)
Big Improver: R Hanson (Kilm)

is there any web site that you can view league results? i no the eca and most metro leagues use mycricket.com.au. and has a bucket load of stats on every single registerd player

is there any web site that you can view league results? i no the eca and most metro leagues use mycricket.com.au. and has a bucket load of stats on every single registerd player

quite pre-historic the old SDCA in regards to this kinda thing cakehole. Generally we rely on this forum for results, text messages to other clubs or the good old bush telegraph.

Other matches not yet mentioned (from what I can tell) Kilmore got 220 odd with Youngman, Mcleod & Hede all posting half centuries, defeating Broadford by around 100 runs - and Im told Yea got over the Hill.

Congats also to the big Sheafie who posted a ton against B'ford in the B's :thumbsu:

quite pre-historic the old SDCA in regards to this kinda thing cakehole. Generally we rely on this forum for results, text messages to other clubs or the good old bush telegraph.

Other matches not yet mentioned (from what I can tell) Kilmore got 220 odd with Youngman, Mcleod & Hede all posting half centuries, defeating Broadford by around 100 runs - and Im told Yea got over the Hill.

Congats also to the big Sheafie who posted a ton against B'ford in the B's :thumbsu:

I think he likes the old Broadford v Kilmore game thats his second ton in three hits against them

Cheers Doona! Like mouche said am enjoying playing Broadford recently haha, now gotta try and compete with bout 5 other top order bats for a gig in the A's....looks like the place to be this yr...exciting start:thumbsu:

Considering its rained the last 3 days in Kilmore, trained tonight and the ground was in pretty good nick...just a little bit of moisture in the outfield and the wicket has been covered all week so will be good to go no worries saturday...i m tipping if its only another light shower tomorrow (which is predicted) Kilmore should be ok for some action this Saturday...sensing if its pissing down all day tho could be a very quiet weekend for cricket in sdca

Our B Grade game is all but off - Yea haven't been able to go near the wicket all week and the ground is very wet - mustn't have had as much rain over there Sheafie - no way we could of trained at Thornton last night pitch had a heap of rain during the day and even hail. I would imagine if the weather is ok today and the sun comes out for a while to dry up the matting pitches that the c grade games may go ahead ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our B Grade game is all but off - Yea haven't been able to go near the wicket all week and the ground is very wet - mustn't have had as much rain over there Sheafie - no way we could of trained at Thornton last night pitch had a heap of rain during the day and even hail. I would imagine if the weather is ok today and the sun comes out for a while to dry up the matting pitches that the c grade games may go ahead ??

I d say atm, fingers crossed, Kilmore will have two games there tomorrow...A's at home and C's at Assumption...been fairly sunny this afternoon so that woulda helped dry up the rain we copped this morning

Thats a little disappointing. what year is it, 2001?! Would the league heads look into getting some one to make one? There so much information about teams, history that could be brought across. Not to mention the fact that no one realy knows the results untill some one puts it on here. and that could be days since everyone is to hung over to be botherd sunday!

Any results from today?

Apparently Kilmore won, however I have got no idea of the scores.

Low scoring Im told, done well to get a game in with all the rain down this way during the week :thumbsu: Seymour sent in and got about 90, Kilmore getting them 8 down with about 4-5 overs up their sleeve.

Low scoring Im told, done well to get a game in with all the rain down this way during the week :thumbsu: Seymour sent in and got about 90, Kilmore getting them 8 down with about 4-5 overs up their sleeve.

Seymour all out for 86 or 87...L Brennan picking up 4 for...no real standout with the bat for either side except for some handy lower order contributions from both teams...conditions slow and wicket very up and down...Seymour were about 17 off 17 overs at one stage...Kilmore also about the same in their innings...turning point probably Hede and Blackwell coming in and hitting some quick runs after a tough period in the middle which was well played out by R. McLeod and the pom B. Barrow...J. Pink doing the most damage for Seymour picking up 4 for 23 i think...Kilmore having only 2 wickets in hand at the end made it an exciting game with the Blues very relieved to get the 6 points i d say! :thumbsu:

C Grade
Royals all out for 118 opening bat made about 60, Thornton 0/126 off 15 overs both opening batsmen making half centuries

Also got to see the B Grade - Alex v Rook game at Alex went down to the wire and it was a good win by Alex but it was the only game played so the result is a draw ??? I think

C Grade
Royals all out for 118 opening bat made about 60, Thornton 0/126 off 15 overs both opening batsmen making half centuries

Also got to see the B Grade - Alex v Rook game at Alex went down to the wire and it was a good win by Alex but it was the only game played so the result is a draw ??? I think
Yeah, I think at least half of the rounds games must be played for the result to stand. Perhaps someone like Doona could confirm that though...

Back into it this week guys with the good weather around - whos playing who ? Thornton are taking on Broadford at Thornton in the B Grade while unfortunately Tallarook have forfeited the C Grade which means no game for our boys this week

A Grade
Seymour v Eastern Hill, Broadford v Avenel, Yea Tigers v Alexandra, Kilmore v Tallarook
B Grade
Tallarook v Royals, Avenel v Seymour, Nagambie v Yea Tigers, Thornton v Broadford, Eastern Hill v Kilmore, Alexandra bye
C Grade
Thornton v Tallarook, Flowerdale v Royals, Nagambie v Pucka Brn, Broadford Blk v Broadford Red, Pucka Gld v Kilmore, Eastern Hill v Alexandra, Avenel v Seymour, Pyalong bye

A Grade
Seymour v Eastern Hill, Broadford v Avenel, Yea Tigers v Alexandra, Kilmore v Tallarook
B Grade
Tallarook v Royals, Avenel v Seymour, Nagambie v Yea Tigers, Thornton v Broadford, Eastern Hill v Kilmore, Alexandra bye
C Grade
Thornton v Tallarook, Flowerdale v Royals, Nagambie v Pucka Brn, Broadford Blk v Broadford Red, Pucka Gld v Kilmore, Eastern Hill v Alexandra, Avenel v Seymour, Pyalong bye
The bold are my tips.

Avenel (Seymour DCA Premiers) vs. Central Park/St. Brendan’s (Cricket Shepparton Premiers)

Avenel, with Shaun Pearce, Aaron Hinss (making his 100 in 39 balls) and Mic Enrico put on a batting exhibition, posted 4/252 off 20 overs.

In reply Central Park fell short by about 140 runs, being bowled out for about 110. Unfortunately, the Central Park side was basically cobbled together from a handful of A-Grade players and anyone who was available from the sounds of it, but nevertheless, impressive from the Avenel boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back