Seymour District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is he that fat umpiry with the goatee? if its him he should have never umpired an A grade game ever

No mate short fella with a big nose. From what I here Doona is a great umpire. I have also thought from my couple of A grade stints and B grade through the past couple of years that Mark Clydedale is very good and not many agree with me but I really rate Peter Baker.

Squeaker loves an LBW as does the evergreen Jimmy Hatfield but I think there both ok and I think Claw would read the SDCA rulebook as he goes to sleep.

I also think James Henderson (hendo) has reallly become a good umpire now he has been round.

whose your favorites

No mate short fella with a big nose. From what I here Doona is a great umpire. I have also thought from my couple of A grade stints and B grade through the past couple of years that Mark Clydedale is very good and not many agree with me but I really rate Peter Baker.

Squeaker loves an LBW as does the evergreen Jimmy Hatfield but I think there both ok and I think Claw would read the SDCA rulebook as he goes to sleep.

I also think James Henderson (hendo) has reallly become a good umpire now he has been round.

whose your favorites

Doona :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

i've had quite a few umpires over my career, but my pick would be funnel from a few years back, as for current, i would say doon is right up there, i also have had hendo a couple times this year and am very impressed with him, he is very animated and thorough with he's days duties:thumbsu:

To Bish & Fish.

Seymour sounds a great option fellas.
Close to home and some good fellas operating the place.
Might even get down for a trundle in the nets or even for a beer saturdy night.

While we are on Seymour. Chad Bonney danced the Terminus down on Saturdy night in his whites and wanted it published on here. So Chadda there you go mate.

He also says he is backing up this week due to the appearence of Steel Crazy - all we need is Doctor Rice to show up & Chads dream will be complete.

Chad also advised I make the move to the mighty Maroons and therefore under strict rules would have to turn up on Staurdy night at the Term sporting the whites.

It was quite good saturday nitght to catch up with the Avenel boys (Scoota & Jed Johhny Green etc) and here all is well up there apart from maybe the cricketers loss to the footballers yesterday.

Did the Fuzzy swan preform or maybe Joey boy

The footballers versus the cricketers was a great success and looks like becoming an annual event, with the footballers winning 221 to 216.

Performers for the footballers were jac retiring at 30 (off 18), brooksy (33 off 13 and 2 wickets) and subba (30 off 10). For the cricketers shaun green got 43* (came back in), wheels 31 and the fuzzyswan (2 runs and 1-0-26-0). Top day, good fun, plenty of drinks and a big crowd. Not making excuses, but the cricketers had last minute withdrawals from shaun pearce, aaron hinss and johnny green who had other cricketing commitments.

Best player medals went to shaun green for the cricketers and brooksy for the footballers, with the winning side getting a keg courtesy of sponsor the mangalore pub.

Yeh, if you don't mind drinking glorified V.B. :thumbsdown: Give me a heiniken or a becks over that C.R.A.P any day!

Id nearly drink that horrible melbourne bitter at $2 a stubby.

Imagine it Saturday night 10 bucks = 5 stubs (churpy)

14 bucks = 7 stubs (How you could of hit that 6 and how good you were that day with both bat & ball despite not reaching double figures and getting carted)

20 Bucks = 10 stubs (Well and truly ont the way)

26 bucks = 13 stubs (Absolute mess)

Well cheap night great beer(Crownies) but did the cricket club make a profit.

Thats the important thing isnt it fellas.

So we have had Afternoon teas & cheap grog - who can think of another?

Do many other clubs have a Trip Away?

Royals did last year mate. Just a night on a mystery bus trip getting smashed.

Seen the Howard boys last Thursday night & they both had them Rook to Gold Coast shirts so they must.

Hopefully Van the man & Doon can inform us bout down south & young Jack bout down the hill.

Heres one thats a perler I reckon. The best Clubrooms(iniside) like by looks & photos on the wall, pool table, Life members etc.

I think they are all pretty good but maybe the Rooks on the hill with there flashing light & Sammy Watts nearly in each one

Do many other clubs have a Trip Away?
yeah the rook head to the gold coast now every year, we love it specially players!!! what a place and u can touch, don't know why a guy would go to a strip joint in vic??

how bout best ground to play at scenically id say that kilmores ground is the best with the golf course as a nice back drop. tallarooks is okay but id say losing the ball is a major pain in the ..... true?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heres one thats a perler I reckon. The best Clubrooms(iniside) like by looks & photos on the wall, pool table, Life members etc.

I think they are all pretty good but maybe the Rooks on the hill with there flashing light & Sammy Watts nearly in each one

Not many can compete with the Maroons when it comes to cricket photos, memorabilia and flags on display.

how bout best ground to play at scenically id say that kilmores ground is the best with the golf course as a nice back drop. tallarooks is okay but id say losing the ball is a major pain in the ..... true?

Think we're battling for topics a bit now, but for what it's worth:

Hume and Hovell (if that counts)
Kilmore
Avenel (the rolling hills in the background came up a treat on Grand Final weekend last year)
Tallarook
The rest don't have much to rave about.

how can you knock that value:confused:
i think my friend, that you would not know sh1t from clay:thumbsdown:
On the contrary my bewilldered boy from the "hill" there is quite a lot of clay between avenel and nagambie where i live and as for the ******** well i did face your bowling at chittick park this year.;)

On the contrary my bewilldered boy from the "hill" there is quite a lot of clay between avenel and nagambie where i live and as for the ******** well i did face your bowling at chittick park this year.;)
well i suppose even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile:eek:

Sh1ts ya when the rest of your team are not as smart you,but you don't have to be to cluey to knock back a few ales.

yeah s.ralph made 75ish from the hill and fishy woulda made 40-50 odd um...not to sure who took wickets but yeah they were the main load of runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back