Seymour District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think it will be a disgrace if joey doesn't get a run in one of the finals sides. A's have to make it first for him to be available for the B's. He deserves his spot as much as the next guy. Just because a guy is unavailable at the rook for a couple of games why does that then make him in the outer?? There are a number of guys in the B's for one reason or the other should be picked after joey. Would be very very handy in B grade finals. Mind you this all hinges on the fact A grade win as if they don't this week they could quiet easily miss.
Are you serious? Aren't you meant to be a selector? Why don't you get along to training and air your views at the selection table instead of on here? As for Joe deserving his place as much as the next guy, I would say that he has to earn his place the same as the next guy and missing those Two consecutive games has made it difficult for him to do that. I'd be interested to know who you think should miss out and why.
Having said all that I should also say that I do hope that Boonie does decide to continue on at the Rook as he is a great young fella and would be sorely missed if he did choose to go elsewhere.

Are you serious? Aren't you meant to be a selector? Why don't you get along to training and air your views at the selection table instead of on here? As for Joe deserving his place as much as the next guy, I would say that he has to earn his place the same as the next guy and missing those Two consecutive games has made it difficult for him to do that. I'd be interested to know who you think should miss out and why.
Having said all that I should also say that I do hope that Boonie does decide to continue on at the Rook as he is a great young fella and would be sorely missed if he did choose to go elsewhere.

Geez I may have opened up a can of worms here lads . . . . . sorry. Forget Joey he scored 6 in the C's yesty so it wont matter anyway.

Broadford amassed 7/314 against the Rook at home today with most lads getting amongst them. Blacky 70, B. Spargo 62 not out, A. Neilson 48, M. Collier 43, J. Ingham 40, B. Neilson 36. Joey bowled his heart out to get 4/79 from 29 overs. Things coulda been a lot worse for the rook as both Strazz and Chippa Broady's 2 quicker scorers got ducks.

Our B's got 330 up at Bennett Oval against an undermanned Royals. Fresh from being dropped Liam Collier got 130 odd his maiden century in any grade of cricket, and Mumfy got 86 in his warm up for the finals. In reply I think the boys said Royals were 3/10.

Out at Yea Royals got 215, the final 3 partnerships scoring 120 runs. Armstrong survived a big LBW (No umpire Bakes no show) shout when on 0 to make 60 odd. Joel Dunn took 3 or 4 wkts, Nicho and Azz Miller a couple each. The Tigers are 0/66, Lachy 40 and Cosa 22.
Whats this? Could it be? Broadford bringing someone back for the finals. LOL. Wasn't Gerry Hanson available?

Whats this? Could it be? Broadford bringing someone back for the finals. LOL. Wasn't Gerry Hanson available?

Dejavu if not spookey hey. In the club's last A-grade premiership year, both the A & B's from memory scored over 300 in the final round. That year Gerry posted 140 against Seymour at Tallarook and then became a hero the following 2-3 weeks during the A-grade finals.

In Mumf's defence he played until Xmas, has taken time off with an injured elbow and is gunna do everything in his power to assist the club's flag hopes.
I reckon he's in the best club 11 and his experience over the next month could be the difference.

Mind you Clinton Bruce is unavailable this round, Collier got 100 and Kyle Hippisley is in the 2's also, tough times ahead for selectors with 15 genuine blokes not gunna slot in the 12.

Dejavu if not spookey hey. In the club's last A-grade premiership year, both the A & B's from memory scored over 300 in the final round. That year Gerry posted 140 against Seymour at Tallarook and then became a hero the following 2-3 weeks during the A-grade finals.

In Mumf's defence he played until Xmas, has taken time off with an injured elbow and is gunna do everything in his power to assist the club's flag hopes.
I reckon he's in the best club 11 and his experience over the next month could be the difference.

Mind you Clinton Bruce is unavailable this round, Collier got 100 and Kyle Hippisley is in the 2's also, tough times ahead for selectors with 15 genuine blokes not gunna slot in the 12.

Obviously some tough times ahead for selectors at more than one club. Maybe you could get Jazzy down to help out with selection at Broadford at least that way he wouldn't have to drive so far. (And no Howie you can't pick Joe Pollock.)

Our B's got 330 up at Bennett Oval against an undermanned Royals. Fresh from being dropped Liam Collier got 130 odd his maiden century in any grade of cricket, and Mumfy got 86 in his warm up for the finals. In reply I think the boys said Royals were 3/10.

Warm up to finals? Bit late for that isn't it...how many games he played?

so when they say weirder things have happened, the weekends results doesnt get much weirder..

Broadford, coming off a very near outright and flogging by Avenel, post 315 or whatever it was and took to the Rook bowling attack very hard!
Avenel, making 260 and tearing Broadford apart, bowled out for 80!!
Eastern Hill currently at 5/30!!
The Maroons getting bowled out for 177 by a very depleted Kilmore ( lots of brain explosions throughout the day!! )
what a crazy round of results fella's.. cant wait till saturday!!

i see Joey Pollock copping a mouth full on here.. poor bloke.. i believe he is good enough for the 1's, but i dont know the insiders view at tallarook and i guess its up to the selectors at the end of the day.. maybe Jazzy or Bigshow could fill me in, has either of the C grade teams made C or D grade finals and will that inflict joey or anyones situation at the Rookery come selection night?

[ quote=wink1] only thing that let them down was the underage
drinking that was going on was a bit disapointing

i heard there were NO underage drinkers at all for the night??? im sure somebody would of been keeping a good eye, as they always do.. just ask tommy stevens, you never want to be caught drinking underage at the SCC.. they are very strict on the rules down there and i find this hard to believe, especially at such a large function.. but, i wasnt there so cannot really comment..

heard that KD's pitch at kings park was up s h i t creek on saturday?? a mower got jammed in the deck when mowing the night before and tore some of it up.. soemthing along those lines..

thought i might help get of this Joey topic and lead onto something else.. this is based on the best team put together that played for the SDCA during the year or is still playing.. a possible team that if they all played, could go well at Melb Country Week etc..

SDCA 2006/2007 TEAM OF THE YEAR..
1. J Tarran
2. M Enrico
3. X Youngman
4. S Peterson
5. R Akers
6.R Hager
7. R Douglas
8. S Pearce
9. S Hanley
10. T Blackwell
11. A Dundon

missing anybody? any bad decisions?

i heard there were NO underage drinkers at all for the night??? im sure somebody would of been keeping a good eye, as they always do.. just ask tommy stevens, you never want to be caught drinking underage at the SCC.. they are very strict on the rules down there and i find this hard to believe, especially at such a large function.. but, i wasnt there so cannot really comment..
????? WHAT THE? Isn't that (comment) what you just did?

thought i might help get of this Joey topic and lead onto something else.. this is based on the best team put together that played for the SDCA during the year or is still playing.. a possible team that if they all played, could go well at Melb Country Week etc..

1. J Tarran
2. M Enrico
3. X Youngman
4. S Peterson
5. R Akers
6.R Hager
7. R Douglas
8. S Pearce
9. S Hanley
10. T Blackwell
11. A Dundon

Couldn't squeeze me in Waddo????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez your not wrong there. It's a shame to see a bloke with that much natural ability wasting it in c grade . Did you get along to the David Boon func. last friday night at the Seymour CC ?

Geez your not wrong there. It's a shame to see a bloke with that much natural ability wasting it in c grade . Did you get along to the David Boon func. last friday night at the Seymour CC ?

Nah mate could make it across from Bendigo unfortunatley. Me and Macca thought about comig over for the night but couldnt coz he had to work Saturday. Would hav been awesome

Bit worried to turn up to training tonight with all this banter going on about me. Put family first missing the last two weeks of cricket, due to a bucks doo and a wedding.
Would love to be there playing finals but no my chances are slim, have not made a score all year or taken any wickets. I will be there at training right up until the end of the year to support the boys through, so good luck to em.

Bit worried to turn up to training tonight with all this banter going on about me. Put family first missing the last two weeks of cricket, due to a bucks doo and a wedding.
Would love to be there playing finals but no my chances are slim, have not made a score all year or taken any wickets. I will be there at training right up until the end of the year to support the boys through, so good luck to em.
good luck mate good to hear from you . mate you would have to get picked before howie or muir would,nt you not bad blokes may be a youth policy needed at the rook

1. J Tarran
2. M Enrico
3. X Youngman
4. S Peterson
5. R Akers
6.R Hager
7. R Douglas
8. S Pearce
9. S Hanley
10. T Blackwell
11. A Dundon

Would swap one of the Wilkins boys for Mick Enrico on 06/07 performances.
C grade double hundred cant walk u into this side can it

Dont be scared to train mate be keen as someone might get injured and you'll be called upon if ya around

In all seriousness Im sure the postman will tell you who is, then he or a selector will tell ya where you stand in regards to playing finals.

Would love to be there playing finals but no my chances are slim, have not made a score all year or taken any wickets. I will be there at training right up until the end of the year to support the boys through, so good luck to em.[/quote]
Well said.
And I hope whatever happens we see you back at the Rook next season.
Enough said I reakon!

Enough said I reakon!

Enough said I agree :thumbsu: Look I know I contributed heavily to the Joey Pollock affair, but considering it's highly unlikely he's gunna be there let's talk about the key movers and shakers who will be there in the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back