SF2 - Team vs Lions - Hill out, Callan in!

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised by that change. Tim is a real honest player, good team man. Not sure he's a match winner we need though. Very strange time to make that change.

How is Eade cutting his nose to spite his face?

The line has to be drawn somewhere. Hill, pulled out of the contest at a key time in the game( mid way through the 3rd), was not brave enough to put his body on the line. This is finals and that type of effort is not acceptable. Eade has sent the message by bringing in Callan. Do not expect Hill back in the team for the remainder of our season ( however long that may be).

Finally Eade has made a strong stance.:thumbsu:

Good change IMO. I like the cut of Timmys jib.

Hill put in a few short steps on a couple of occasions on the weekend, so thats why he is out that. It simply doesnt cut it in finals footy.

Hopefully Murphy comes up ok.

This change makes no sense to me at all :confused:.

Ok let me put it this way

Would you rather a soft, lazy player who will not put his body on the line for the team

Or an uncompromising tough, body on the line type of player like Timmy, who will stand in front of Brown no matter how many times he is knocked over.

Understand?

Probably in the end will be a good move. Hill was disappointing last wk. never seen him play so bad. Timmy Callan however, he's built like a shit brick LoL. I think he's gonna add more strength 2 the backline and make a massive difference against Brown/Bradshaw. This will be his 1st game however for this year! Alot of pressure on him. His got alot 2 prove. Wish him luck.

Hope Murphy will be alright 4 the game. If we lose tomoz nite, i'll be very very very ANGRY! we should win this game.

Good decision.

Huge fan of Callan, especially after his heroic efforts in last year's finals, he'll be up for it.

As for Josh Hill - maybe once he learns to chase and work hard he wont be in danger of getting dropped.

And FFS poor Murph, can this guy go 5 minutes without injuring himself? What a crap run he's had this year.

Please be ok.

I attended last week's Willi game and Callan was by far and away, Willi's best player. He handled the ball cleanly, hit targets and racked up possessions, a lot of them in contested circumstances.

As others have said he is a tough player who has shown that he can cut it at AFL level.

Good call by the selection panel.

Probably in the end will be a good move. Hill was disappointing last wk. never seen him play so bad. Timmy Callan however, he's built like a shit brick LoL. I think he's gonna add more strength 2 the backline and make a massive difference against Brown/Bradshaw. This will be his 1st game however for this year! Alot of pressure on him. His got alot 2 prove. Wish him luck.

Hope Murphy will be alright 4 the game. If we lose tomoz nite, i'll be very very very ANGRY! we should win this game.

It's his second, he played against Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can anyone tell me what position callan played in for willie last week? and if the backline, who did he play on? Cheers... wasnt even thinking callan was a chance of coming in.

Ok let me put it this way

Would you rather a soft, lazy player who will not put his body on the line for the team

Or an uncompromising tough, body on the line type of player like Timmy, who will stand in front of Brown no matter how many times he is knocked over.

Understand?

I understand that part...

What i mean is, i dont understand why bring in a backman and take out a forward? Who is going to kick our goals?

Edit: It would make sense if Murphy is out and Everitt comes in and plays CHF or FF.

I understand that part...

What i mean is, i dont understand why bring in a backman and take out a forward? Who is going to kick our goals?

Edit: It would make sense if Murphy is out and Everitt comes in and plays CHF or FF.

Hill is not our main focus. He may kick a couple every now and then but mainly against spud teams. Expect Aker and Johnno to kick bags tomorow night! Plus i expect our Mids to provide some scoring!:thumbsu:

I think we will be fine !:D

Only guessing but,

Picken was down back on a resting Ablett, Bartel, Chappy and we really missed his grunt around the middle in packs last week, which is exactly where Geelong killed us.

I think the idea of bringing in Callan is too allow Picken to tag in the middle and add his grunt in the clearance work. perhaps.

Also, it sends a very clear message to hill and the others who lacked physicality last week.

Hadn't really thought about it but it makes sense to me. Hill is a little soft at times, and geelongs backline killed us. Welsh will be more of a focus, and will have to have a busy game, and it's likely Johnno will play forward with Aker pushing forward also.

We need to pressure the hell out of the lions and give them nothing, Callan will help the backline immensely.

How is Eade cutting his nose to spite his face?

The line has to be drawn somewhere. Hill, pulled out of the contest at a key time in the game( mid way through the 3rd), was not brave enough to put his body on the line. This is finals and that type of effort is not acceptable. Eade has sent the message by bringing in Callan. Do not expect Hill back in the team for the remainder of our season ( however long that may be).

Finally Eade has made a strong stance.:thumbsu:

no issue with what you have said...but he didn't make these sort of calls during the home and away...when in my opinion he could and should have. Strange time to do it I think, but that's the rod they have made for themselves.

can anyone tell me what position callan played in for willie last week? and if the backline, who did he play on? Cheers... wasnt even thinking callan was a chance of coming in.

Saw him play last week. He was among the best prob with Addison tad in front. he played mostly back, not sure who he was on as it seemed to change a lot. I was near the interchange at times during the game and when he came off he was very talkative to his team mates, offering support and direction. He's a good team man and a solid player who lacks no courage. his skill level is not that great but he was pretty good last week.

Not sure the reason he got the nod, but filling the hole in front of Brown and Bradshaw could be part of it...he's very brave. Strange selection, maybe not as strange as Everitt in the ruck 2 weeks ago...but strange.

I don't mind dropping Hill this week, send him a message. I'm very confident we'll win , so really hope he is brought back in for the prelim, we really need him playing well if we are to go any further.

Remove this Banner Ad

SF2 - Team vs Lions - Hill out, Callan in!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back