SFL 2010 Division 1 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dingley have recruited extremely well over the last month or so. They will be more then a contender for next years premiership.

Any names snowman? They would want to have done a fair bit just to catch 5th let alone City and the Heights.

Dingley have recruited extremely well over the last month or so. They will be more then a contender for next years premiership.

Speaking to a mate of mine last night who plays for the Dingoes. He told me that Dingley have missed on every recruit that they have chased.

Lucky for Dingley that Heatherton and Springy are in the comp because at least they will have 4 wins for the year.

In fairness to St Pauls, the loss of Marasco was huge last year!

Is he playing in 2010?

Not sure mate.... I haven't spoken to him personally but i know that he loves football and if he is right to play then he will. It depends on what work he has had done in the off season.

I have also been told that Rodgo might be making a return, but thats just a whisper at the moment.

Along with a couple of others such as David Wyld, John Campfield etc so there seems to be a few ex players comming back which will put us in good stead.

Not sure mate.... I haven't spoken to him personally but i know that he loves football and if he is right to play then he will. It depends on what work he has had done in the off season.

I have also been told that Rodgo might be making a return, but thats just a whisper at the moment.

Along with a couple of others such as David Wyld, John Campfield etc so there seems to be a few ex players comming back which will put us in good stead.

what happened to rodgerson in 09, did he play somewhere else tiger?, watched 08 grany and he and marasco killed their forward lin, worked well together.
having him back with marasco and wheatly would make a tough backline for other clubs to match up on

Any names Veiw? Lots of talk about the Heighters but I haven't heard many actual names yet?

And Cousin Tiger, are you going to share the names of your new recruits as well? or just tell us about the recycled stalwarts. Sounds like St Pauls are looking much further than Rogerson & Wyld for their improvement?

Dingley could be the sleeper??

I wouldn't say wyld is a stalwart, considering he is only 24..........

Rodgo was unable to play in 2009 due to injury, and will be back in the fold hopefully this year.

Wheatley is one recruit everyone knows about, there are a few others however to tell you the truth, I don't know their names....I do know that they have VFL links

Wheatley is one recruit everyone knows about, there are a few others however to tell you the truth, I don't know their names....I do know that they have VFL links

Andy Taranto is one and Luke James is whispered to be back (can you confirm/deny this one CT?). There are a few more names that I have heard but I won't let the cat out of the bag for ya!

One thing though, how do they all fit in one forwardline CT?

Andy Taranto is one and Luke James is whispered to be back (can you confirm/deny this one CT?). There are a few more names that I have heard but I won't let the cat out of the bag for ya!

One thing though, how do they all fit in one forwardline CT?

Taranto not the loyalest bloke, sniffed around stk city couple of seasons back asking for big coin, heard Luke James re signed at Catani, he is on big dollars fact $800 +, if they both go to StPauls that will prove they prepared to pay big money, not that they havent in the past!!!!!!!!!

He is worth 3 players, superstar player.

Maybe they have caught Chelseas bug

Taranto not the loyalest bloke, sniffed around stk city couple of seasons back asking for big coin, heard Luke James re signed at Catani, he is on big dollars fact $800 +, if they both go to StPauls that will prove they prepared to pay big money, not that they havent in the past!!!!!!!!!

He is worth 3 players, superstar player.

Maybe they have caught Chelseas bug

LJ was signed up with Catani a while back.

Haven't seen Taranto at training yet, but would be surprised if he does play down at dogland.

There was probably 3 - 4 new players i haven't met yet and apparently have come from VFL through links with Mercoulia etc so will wait and see there.

I think at this early stage most people would want to keep quiet about potential recruits untill the clearances are through or untill they have definately signed up. Otherwise it just opens up the door for other clubs to offer more $$ or incentives.

Also a whisper that David Wyld's brother Mark (ex east brighton) was going to have a run with us.

Was talking with Brad Gilder last night watching the Green fight, and he mentioned that half of edi-asps are practically onboard at Chelsea, along with Phil Smith (massive get).

They surely would be flag favs now?!

I think Mordi could benefit from the influx of players at Chelsea. It means that a good lot of CH's GF players from 2009 will be playing in the reserves in 2010 or have their playing time severley diminished. Not sure they will be happy with that and could move up the highway in order to play senior footy. If not, CH will have one hell of a reserves team!

I think Mordi could benefit from the influx of players at Chelsea. It means that a good lot of CH's GF players from 2009 will be playing in the reserves in 2010 or have their playing time severley diminished. Not sure they will be happy with that and could move up the highway in order to play senior footy. If not, CH will have one hell of a reserves team!

Somehow, having a strong list doesn't neccassarily guarantee reserves success. Look at St Kilda City from this year.....they won the Seniors flag, yet their reserves failed to make the finals. Although in saying that, St Kilda City reserves could of beaten any of the finalists on their day.....excluding us of course ;)

I think all this talk about how many recruits Chelsea are going to have, how dominant they will be etc etc, lets just wait till the football starts and see how good they really are.

Haven't seen Taranto at training yet, but would be surprised if he does play down at dogland.

There was probably 3 - 4 new players i haven't met yet and apparently have come from VFL through links with Mercoulia etc so will wait and see there.

I think at this early stage most people would want to keep quiet about potential recruits untill the clearances are through or untill they have definately signed up. Otherwise it just opens up the door for other clubs to offer more $$ or incentives.

Also a whisper that David Wyld's brother Mark (ex east brighton) was going to have a run with us.

Was talking with Brad Gilder last night watching the Green fight, and he mentioned that half of edi-asps are practically onboard at Chelsea, along with Phil Smith (massive get).

all these recruits cousin tiger surely have to be getting offered some coin not just coming down to play with mates? if they have friends there you're gonna get a discount but they are not going to play for a pie and coke!

all these recruits cousin tiger surely have to be getting offered some coin not just coming down to play with mates? if they have friends there you're gonna get a discount but they are not going to play for a pie and coke!

It was reported in the Leader that Wheatley was given a job with Merkon. Would suggest the same would apply with any other recruits.

Somehow, having a strong list doesn't neccassarily guarantee reserves success. Look at St Kilda City from this year.....they won the Seniors flag, yet their reserves failed to make the finals. Although in saying that, St Kilda City reserves could of beaten any of the finalists on their day.....excluding us of course ;)

I think all this talk about how many recruits Chelsea are going to have, how dominant they will be etc etc, lets just wait till the football starts and see how good they really are.

The club with the strongest list nearly always wins the reserves flag. Last years St Pauls, Chelsea Heights and Cheltenham had the strongest lists. St Pauls won the flag, CH finished top and lost the GF and Chelt finished a clear second.

Having a strong list and a strong senior group are two different things. City had the strongest senior group, no question. They had 21 or 22 good senior players....but that was it really. Their list really dropped off after that. Compare that with the 3 other clubs I have already mentioned who had 25-30 good senior players and the drop off after that wasn't as pronounced. City's reserves whilst having 1 or 2 good players were miles off the top 3.

This year I expect it to be the same three clubs at the top, but with City's Colts from last year coming through it would think they would re-join the top four and push towards a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cousin any truth in the rumour that Ridgeway is goin overseas next year??

Maybe to thailand to get his breasts reduced?

Not that i am aware of......he has started up his own business and seems to be making good so i don't see why he would.

Gee, how sure are you of this, i thought he was staying where he is at Catani?

Gee, how sure are you of this, i thought he was staying where he is at Catani?

Just wait and see then i guess........it seems most players themselves don't cut off ties with potential clubs, as they know that a bigger offer could be made.

It was reported in the Leader that Wheatley was given a job with Merkon. Would suggest the same would apply with any other recruits.

The club with the strongest list nearly always wins the reserves flag. Last years St Pauls, Chelsea Heights and Cheltenham had the strongest lists. St Pauls won the flag, CH finished top and lost the GF and Chelt finished a clear second.

Having a strong list and a strong senior group are two different things. City had the strongest senior group, no question. They had 21 or 22 good senior players....but that was it really. Their list really dropped off after that. Compare that with the 3 other clubs I have already mentioned who had 25-30 good senior players and the drop off after that wasn't as pronounced. City's reserves whilst having 1 or 2 good players were miles off the top 3.

This year I expect it to be the same three clubs at the top, but with City's Colts from last year coming through it would think they would re-join the top four and push towards a flag.

A little bit of poetic licence hear mate, 2008 city made both 1 and twos gfs and lost both, i would suggest we had the best total list 2008.

This year we lost about 10 players in the 1st three weeks to injury
which in hindsight gave the kids opportunities, our twos lost about 3 close games, also you have to consider we were undefeated in the seniors proving we had good depth but injuries weakened our twos considerably.
We had 25 good players to pick from in GF, with MStinear & White our main injuries.

I believe our kids will give us a boost, how much yet to be proven?

It looks like it will be a big year in SFL with most of our list returning and St.Pauls & Chelsea unloading the dollars and Mordy & chelt looking for credibility!

A little bit of poetic licence hear mate, 2008 city made both 1 and twos gfs and lost both, i would suggest we had the best total list 2008.

which in hindsight gave the kids opportunities, our twos lost about 3 close games, also you have to consider we were undefeated in the seniors proving we had good depth but injuries weakened our twos considerably.
We had 25 good players to pick from in GF, with MStinear & White our main injuries.

It looks like it will be a big year in SFL with most of our list returning and St.Pauls & Chelsea unloading the dollars and Mordy & chelt looking for credibility!

I was referring to 2009. Your right though, 2008 was a different story.

So far the only recruit I've heard has been Wheatley who got a job, couldnt imagine he would be getting too much more. Could you enlighten us where this "unloading" of dollars is going to?

So far the only recruit I've heard has been Wheatley who got a job, couldnt imagine he would be getting too much more. Could you enlighten us where this "unloading" of dollars is going to?

I could be wrong but ive heard they have 2 or 3 ex casey blokes coming across, plus a sandy recruit as well, at $400 - $500 a player it adds up.

Having spoken to a good mate of his, I think you will also find Wheatley is job,car plus cash, he loves the punt and that was the package he was after and the doggies came to the party.

I could be wrong but ive heard they have 2 or 3 ex casey blokes coming across, plus a sandy recruit as well, at $400 - $500 a player it adds up.

Having spoken to a good mate of his, I think you will also find Wheatley is job,car plus cash, he loves the punt and that was the package he was after and the doggies came to the party.

We love a good party down here at Dogland.

I don't think we are spending money anywhere near the amounts the CH and St Kilda City have been rumoured to have spent. I accept that St Kilda City have good young kids comming through, but CH seems to be the new cash cow of the SFL.

100% signed and training at CHeights, lives next to the ground, potentially the most dominant player in the comp

will be interesting to see how is family react to this one considering his uncles have a massive say down at the doggies, plus all his good mates would be a brave move

We love a good party down here at Dogland.

I don't think we are spending money anywhere near the amounts the CH and St Kilda City have been rumoured to have spent. I accept that St Kilda City have good young kids comming through, but CH seems to be the new cash cow of the SFL.

I'll put something on the table, we have always paid players since I can recall, 90's onwards, we paid more money in early 2000's than we do now, we still spend what we can and thats the way it is. Its not what you spend, its who you spend it on, plenty of big names money men have failed to produce over the years

I've always said on this forum its not a crime to pay players its been happening in all leagues for 50 years, plenty clubs have failed with it , plenty of clubs have succeeded doing it.

Noble Park,Balwyn,Parkdale,East Brighton,StKilda City,St Pauls,Clayton all spent plenty from 1990-2005 at various times and all had success , Balwyn by far the biggest spender.

Yet , I dont think any club has made 4 grand finals in a row, thats our aim and our motivating force this year, to achieve something the super powers of this league couldnt.

ST Pauls 06,07,08 StKIlda City 07,08,09 Balwyn 98,99,2000, pretty sure NOble got 3 in the 90's have to check it

As far as Chelsea Heights goes , no doubt they feel there on the cusp so there going for broke, same goes for stpauls Id suggest there performance last year was a backwards step and its good to see other clubs angry and hungry to get out and have a crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back