SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

[QUOabout"localfoots, post: 32944037, member: 152492"]Hard to pick a flag winner between Mt Wav. & CPL until they play but its clearly out of those 2.

My top 10 would be

1. Mouritz (CPL)
2. Moor (CPL)
3. Stacey (MtW)
4. Williams (BR)
5. Beecroft (MtW)
6. Wilkin (MtW)
7. Barr (CPL)
8. Dennis (MtW)
9. Graves (CPL)
10. Gough (MtW)/ Frenken (Sandown) /
Read (Lyndale) / Wineburg (Ashwood)

Couldn't squeeze everyone in[/QUOTE]
How about durie from black rock aswell?

Hard to pick a flag winner between Mt Wav. & CPL until they play but its clearly out of those 2.

My top 10 would be

1. Mouritz (CPL)
2. Moor (CPL)
3. Stacey (MtW)
4. Williams (BR)
5. Beecroft (MtW)
6. Wilkin (MtW)

7. Barr (CPL)
8. Dennis (MtW)
9. Graves (CPL)
10. Gough (MtW)/ Frenken (Sandown) /
Read (Lyndale) / Wineburg (Ashwood)

Couldn't squeeze everyone in

Can see what club you support,you have been pushing there wheel borrow all season,just fell over the line against BR so maybe it is not a 2 horse race yet.

Can see what club you support,you have been pushing there wheel borrow all season,just fell over the line against BR so maybe it is not a 2 horse race yet.

Durie would be right up there bomberaz

You suggesting I follow Mount Waverley? Haha far from it! I have seen them play twice this year hence why I have a few in there. I have a mate that plays there but no, I actually follow Lyndale if I had to say I followed anyone.

The really old one?? He's lucky to get a game.

Durie is a gun in the middle, although he hates the hard ball and just cheats on the outside all day.
The House, I guess you watch them a lot more than what I have over the years so I will take your word for it. #9 and #3 were Black Rocks best players when I watched them a few weeks ago.

No he wouldn't.

Played in the same premiership sides as Collins who you instantly had in the top 5 of the comp, or is beating up in the Central Murray some sort of feather in the cap?

Finished third in CH b&f in their grand final year, second last year, would of played in the interleague if not for moving to Carrum.

He played 30 games for CH, was in the bests on 20 occasions in a finals side, one of those a GF side.

He's a better player than Matheson (IMO) and Martin who you had at 27 and 24 in your top 40 super.

Not completely unrealistic.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played in the same premiership sides as Collins who you instantly had in the top 5 of the comp, or is beating up in the Central Murray some sort of feather in the cap?

Finished third in CH b&f in their grand final year, second last year, would of played in the interleague if not for moving to Carrum.

He played 30 games for CH, was in the bests on 20 occasions in a finals side, one of those a GF side.

He's a better player than Matheson (IMO) and Martin who you had at 27 and 24 in your top 40 super.

Not completely unrealistic.

Not sure Collins ever beat up in the Central Murray mate but the bloke has been on an AFL list has he not?

Not sure Collins ever beat up in the Central Murray mate but the bloke has been on an AFL list has he not?

Collins played the last 2 seasons at Cohuna.......

And?

I think reputation often comes well before anything else in these lists.

Supers a massive fan of Walsh, yet he's hardly done anything in the last 3 years in the SFL, having him at #13 is a joke, Collo is a similar player and has himself had a pretty underwhelming start to his SFL time....

It's retty ironic, these same guys liking Supers post would happily cough up $500+ for his services at their clubs.....

Collins played the last 2 seasons at Cohuna.......

And?

I think reputation often comes well before anything else in these lists.

Supers a massive fan of Walsh, yet he's hardly done anything in the last 3 years in the SFL, having him at #13 is a joke, Collo is a similar player and has himself had a pretty underwhelming start to his SFL time....

It's retty ironic, these same guys liking Supers post would happily cough up $500+ for his services at their clubs.....

I know he played at Cohuna as I played against him but he didnt beat up the league...anyway that wasn't what the discussion was about

My 2c.. whilst I generally try to watch the boys from oak st in the school boy comp, i often wander down from my humble abode to have a look at the unwashed in the sfl and i have to say the urchins have gotten it together in the last couple of years. I like the look of the mid field black rock have. No's 1, 3, 5 are quality and the short strange looking fellow in the pocket, no 10? if my memory serves me right can also use it well.

Happy tipping,
Catch youse l8r
Mike D

What are everyone's thoughts on the weekends results?

CPL 15+ goal last quarter?
Hallam beating Ashwood?
Mt Waverley in another close one?
Lyndale lucky against Sth Yarra?

Hallam beating Ashwood?
CPL were very slick in the last qtr and I am really looking forward to watching them again this weekend against Mount. Match of the round. My tip is CPL by around 4 goals.

Hallam beating Ashwood?

Well what can you say about the CPL game...except that if CPL's 4th quarter score (15.3) was their total final score, it would of been equal 3rd highest score of all teams across all divisions this weekend.

Endeavour Hills just couldn't get their hands on the ball in that last quarter, CPL were very slick and moved the ball forward cleanly each time and weren't challenged at all on many occasions. When Endeavour Hills got their hands on the pill they were just chipping it wide and short and just lacked the confidence to take the game on. After a couple of chips they would resort to just bombing it long down the line, at which point it would turn over and CPL moved it quickly and cleanly back into their forward line for another goal.

I caught a bit of the Hallam v Ashwood game as well. I can't beleive how much Ashwood have dropped off this season, i saw their scores every week but i didn't really beleive it until i saw them on Saturday night. It was a bit of a stalemate until half time but after the break Hallam were into every contest first and in numbers. Ashwood just simply did not want the footy as much as Hallam did.

Hallam beating Ashwood?
South Yarra had a red hot crack against Lyndale having more scoring shots in a great contest at Barry Powell. After a few lean years the boys have to start learning to win again but the draw gets a bit easier and if they play the football they played Saturday then the wins will start coming.

Maybe EHills have peaked? Not sure they will win many more.

Sandown got close to Mount? Haven't heard anything about the game yet but thought the margin would be bigger. 2 close wins and there usual supsects haven't been in the best, maybe they rely too much on them. Sandown didn't start the year well but maybe they are better than first thought, Mount will take a win away from home though.

CPL look to be firming as the best team in the comp but we won't know for sure until after this Saturday, big game at Mayfield reserve.

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back