SFL Division 1 Only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
something thats gone unoticed on here is the accomplisments of the reserves side from springy, who after winning the granny last yr in div2 have given themselves a chance to go back to back this year in their first season in div 1. well done lads and carrrrrnnnnn demons

taking into account that their seniors aren't in the finals, hence fielding a much stronger side aided by a few fringe/injured ones players.

Would be impressive if they beat say a stkilda city or a cheltenham when their seniors weren't in the finals but that won't happen as St Kilda seniors are in the big one.

something thats gone unoticed on here is the accomplisments of the reserves side from springy, who after winning the granny last yr in div2 have given themselves a chance to go back to back this year in their first season in div 1. well done lads and carrrrrnnnnn demons

Was down there watching yesterday and they look like a very good side.
Plenty of finals experience in there team from what i heard they have played in the finals for something like the last 10 years whch is a great effort.
Will be interesting to see how they go against city with it being one all during the year.

To be fair stinky we had one our best sides that we have fielded all year yesterday and Springy still touched us up. Good effort by the Demons. Having said that I haven't seen a Chelt reserves side play that poorly two weeks in a row since about 1995!

I reckon Springy might beat St Kilda City if they play like they did yesterday.

Who played well for St Pauls?

There were a few players missing against City the week prior, how did these inclusions go against Chelt?

Did they improve enough to push City this week?

Chelt and St Pauls get on the best out of all the clubs. Im sure that what ever was said wouldnt have been taken to heart too much by either party. Shep is a good coach. Good win by the Dogs just used the ball better and had a more open forward line. Good luck for next week!

Hate to state the obvious but if Shep was such a good coach surely St Pauls should have at least one flag in their cabinet over the last 8 odd years..:cool::cool:

before the seaoson started i watched a 16 year old boy by the name of jack purton-smith he is probably 17 now, he is quite small but he can run and has A THUMPING OPPOSITE FOOT. i watched him deliver to there full forward cas a number of times, he only got around 22 disposals but he will be a player to watch in the future

Most clubs are charging $4.00 per can so if you have had 10 cans you're up for an extra $5.00 or the price of a cup of coffee. The league like all clubs has to be profitable. Its not a charitable organization, it doesn't command huge sponsorship or television rights like the AFL. Just compare what you pay at an AFL venue for a beer or a pie and you might understand. If we take your argument to the next level we leave the price at $3.50 and then charge all the clubs extra affiliation fees to make up for the shortfall. As far as having a go at Lex this forum allows spineless creatures to vent their spleen. He may not be universally liked but has done more for HFC than anyone else in it's history and really doesn't deserve abuse of this nature on a public forum. It's a cheap shot. I am sure that no individual is that influential that they alone dictate SFL policy. Sure he has an opinion but at least has the conviction to say it in the appropriate forum. You probably were fired from the SFL because clearly you don't know how to spell. Terd?

Most clubs are charging $4.00 per can so if you have had 10 cans you're up for an extra $5.00 or the price of a cup of coffee. The league like all clubs has to be profitable. Its not a charitable organization, it doesn't command huge sponsorship or television rights like the AFL. Just compare what you pay at an AFL venue for a beer or a pie and you might understand. If we take your argument to the next level we leave the price at $3.50 and then charge all the clubs extra affiliation fees to make up for the shortfall. As far as having a go at Lex this forum allows spineless creatures to vent their spleen. He may not be universally liked but has done more for HFC than anyone else in it's history and really doesn't deserve abuse of this nature on a public forum. It's a cheap shot. I am sure that no individual is that influential that they alone dictate SFL policy. Sure he has an opinion but at least has the conviction to say it in the appropriate forum. You probably were fired from the SFL because clearly you don't know how to spell. Terd?

Agreed. Profit should not be a dirty word....way too many victims associated with this type of criticism. If you can't afford a beer at the footy....don't have one...or better still, get a job so you can afford one!
It costs a lot of money to facilitate a football competition and I'm sure the same cretins would be offering further criticism if the League posted a loss!
Perhaps the experts on this forum should make some suggestions as to how the league should alternatively avoid financial loss....
Critics are probably the same window lickers who scurried through a hole in the fence at Springvale rather than pay the gate price that everyone else paid to watch the footy.

Lex is one of the best blokes the SFL have and if it wasn't for people like him the Highett FC & SFL wouldn't be around today.
This is a guy who gives up his free time much to the dislike of his family and yet people get on a forum and bag him.
Yes we've all had run ins with him, I've lost count how many times I've walked away from Lex after 20 or so "you should've done this". The guy went out of his way to call me and wished me well at my new club at the start of the year and after all the exits Highett had.

It seems like you are one of these administrators who believe you know everything and no person or club has the right to question your decisions.If you are seriously suggesting that Highett and Lex singlehandedly changed the SFL’s policy, then you are kidding yourself. In any event the if the AFL has its way then the price of beer may not be a problem, and all you will be arguing over is the cost of cappuccinos. If they get this rule over the line then you can probably put a line through half a dozen clubs, and possibly see the demise of the SFL and many soccer clubs ready to swoop on the vacant grounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to state the obvious but if Shep was such a good coach surely St Pauls should have at least one flag in their cabinet over the last 8 odd years..:cool::cool:

Coming from a VAFA background with a stint up north, I may have been blessed with high quality coaches cos this bloke failed to impress on any level. Carried himself in a manner befitting an individual more interested in one's self than the team and club.

As for the banter between crowd and coach, who cares? There's no need for him to bite back. It seems even his bench players at the time had wiser heads on their shoulders.

Coming from a VAFA background with a stint up north, I may have been blessed with high quality coaches cos this bloke failed to impress on any level. Carried himself in a manner befitting an individual more interested in one's self than the team and club.

As for the banter between crowd and coach, who cares? There's no need for him to bite back. It seems even his bench players at the time had wiser heads on their shoulders.

you do not know how he operates as you are not from St Pauls, therefore you don't see half the stuff that happens behind closed doors.

You judge purely on what you see from a spectators perspective but have no idea about the inner workings of the club so your opinions are purely uneducated.

How has he failed to impress you on any level? By making the Grand Final 3 years straight? Sorry that not everyone is up to your VAFA standard, this is SFL.

You people are unbelievable. If you whinge about the price of beer go and watch an amatuer game where your not even allowed to have a beer. Trust me you would pay 10 bucks at an amatuer game.

you do not know how he operates as you are not from St Pauls, therefore you don't see half the stuff that happens behind closed doors.

You judge purely on what you see from a spectators perspective but have no idea about the inner workings of the club so your opinions are purely uneducated.

How has he failed to impress you on any level? By making the Grand Final 3 years straight? Sorry that not everyone is up to your VAFA standard, this is SFL.

You're right. I have no idea about your club and have no interest other than to see a handful of players succeed. By no means am I suggesting VAFA are of a better standard. My point was directed towards the fact I sat behind the bench and paid particular attention to him. Wasn't at all impressed by his demeanor or the way he addressed his side. The 3/4 time speech in particular was one of the least inspiring I've seen and given there was a 2 goal difference with a GF berth on the line you'd expect a bit more than the rubbish he dished up.

It's quite easy to take such a talented list to 3 straight GF's when the quality of opposition isn't that flash...

You're right. I have no idea about your club and have no interest other than to see a handful of players succeed. By no means am I suggesting VAFA are of a better standard. My point was directed towards the fact I sat behind the bench and paid particular attention to him. Wasn't at all impressed by his demeanor or the way he addressed his side. The 3/4 time speech in particular was one of the least inspiring I've seen and given there was a 2 goal difference with a GF berth on the line you'd expect a bit more than the rubbish he dished up.

It's quite easy to take such a talented list to 3 straight GF's when the quality of opposition isn't that flash...

Of course he doesn't want to give too much away out on the field when opposition supporters etc can all crowd around.

But were you there for the half time speech? Behind closed doors. The team knew what they needed to do, and they went about their business.

Clayton, Cheltenham, St Kilda City etc are pretty decent also and we beat the first two twice, and st kilda city once. Even a talented team needs direction.

The reason there are so many s*** umpires is because of people like you.You seem to think it is about the money and it is not.People who do it for the money only rarely last.Let me come to your place of work and I'll bring Uncle Mick and a couple of contributors and we will abuse you mercilessly for 2 hours.Call you every name under the sun, harass you whilst we have a few beers to boot. Then as you try to leave we will harass and threaten you. Seems over the top but that is what happens, and that is why so many kids give up the game.After putting with the abuse they get from stupid parents in junior footy they can't stomach copping it from drunken yobbos.
Go St Pauls....It's Time!!!!

I can understand people not wanting to cop abuse from drunken dick's - and that is something that the SFL should address putting the onus on the clubs to control their supporters. So it is supporters like me who want the umpiring standard to improve that is causing the demise of the quality??

And how did you deduce that it is all about the money?? By invest I mean setting up the infrastructure to train and properly prepare umpires for the long term - i.e getting a return from your initial input. It doesn't mean pay the umpires more money....

Umpires have been abused since the dawn of time, and they always will be - and as for coming to abuse me, I have copped ship loads as player and as an umpire and I just shut it out & concentrate on what I have to do - very simple, it's called discipline. Other leagues have very strong umpire associations with the quality so much better than ours, so they must be doing something right.

But hey, I might as well take the easy road like everyone else seems to be and just say that the problem is too tough so we might as well just not do anything and let it run it's course.... which is probably why the league is where it is now.

went down to have a look at next weeks likely opposition today, and saw nothing that worries us in the slightest.

St Kilda City premiers, seniors and reserves by record margins.

This has to be the easiest league to win premierships.
Spot on again, shyte club , hope you enjoyed your day at the footy today. Loved the arrogance of City's supporters. Congrats to St Pauls and Springy Districts, both popular winners . Good to see a 16 year old (Jack Sketcher) win BOG in the ressies against thugs. Lets see who hang around next year for city!.Enjoy an empty bar tonight rolling gang, go easy on the in-fighting.
Thanks for the entertaining day at the footy.
Cheers

Spot on again, shyte club , hope you enjoyed your day at the footy today. Loved the arrogance of City's supporters. Congrats to St Pauls and Springy Districts, both popular winners . Good to see a 16 year old (Jack Sketcher) win BOG in the ressies against thugs. Lets see who hang around next year for city!.Enjoy an empty bar tonight rolling gang, go easy on the in-fighting.
Thanks for the entertaining day at the footy.
Cheers

That's it. Worthy winners all round. **** St Kilda city....they wanted to fight instead of playing footy-

St Kilda city will no doubt fall apart at the seams after their failed season! Wooop

Congrats to St Pauls for finally breaking their run of GF losses, hopefully the monkey is well & truely off their backs now.

As a neutral observer yesterday, the Doggies certainly got the better of the umpires, at least 5 goals from free kicks, but St Kilda didn't help their own cause by trying to fight everyone in the 1st half.

That #1 Mimo is a fool. Could not catch a cold yesterday & Rogerson gave him a lesson in how to get under someone's skin. If he played the ball & not the man, Mimo could have won the game.

Again, well done Doggies, couldn't have beat a better club!

I think that yesterday was a great example of why SFL Div 1 Finals should be played at Mordialloc. Massive crowd, great atmosphere (better than at Springy), good surface and the most important thing of all, the burgers were better than at Springy (big call I know!).

Well done to all involved at putting on what was a great showcase of SFL footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back