SFL Division One - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we should have let Smith run loose because he only kicked 11 on us last year.

Yes we were outclassed and yes you are a boring goose.

As I said they would be

St Kilda City vs St Pauls ( City by 3 goals ) 56 pts
Dingley vs Chelsea Heights ( Heights by 7 goals ) 70pts

Mordialloc vs Cheltenham ( Chelt by 4 goals ) 32pts
East Brighton vs Tooronga Malvern ( Easts by 10 goals ) 130 pts

Heatherton vs Clayton ( Clayton by 2 goals ) 10pts to Heatherton

St Kilda City,East Brighton, Chelsea Heights then St Pauls big gap Cheltenham, Dingley,Mordialloc gap Heatherton,Clayton and last Tooronga Malvern

Games this week and winners in Red
Would be good to see a few more having ago at picking the winners

East Brighton ( by 10 goals ) vs Mordialloc Hurlingham Reserve
Cheltenham vs St Kilda City ( by 6 goals ) Jack Barker Oval
St Pauls (by 4 goals ) vs Dingley McKinnon Reserve
Clayton (by 2 goals ) vs Tooronga Malvern Meade Reserve
Chelsea Heights ( by 8 goals ) vs Heatherton Beazley Reserve

St Kilda City,East Brighton, Chelsea Heights then St Pauls big gap Cheltenham, Dingley,Mordialloc gap Heatherton,Clayton and last Tooronga Malvern

Enjoying your opinions and enthusiasm to get some banter started but how can there be a big gap between St Pauls and us when we beat them a few weeks ago.....hmmmmm!

East Brighton are by far the best side we have played so far this year. City this week though will be interesting.

Enjoying your opinions and enthusiasm to get some banter started but how can there be a big gap between St Pauls and us when we beat them a few weeks ago.....hmmmmm!

East Brighton are by far the best side we have played so far this year. City this week though will be interesting.

Yeh true, might have got that wrong
Chelt might be better than I thought, we will see this week ?

If so that will be the 5 St Kilda City,East Brighton, Chelsea Heights then St Pauls , Cheltenham then gap

The top three are clear standouts but the next 4-5 sides are fairly even. Dingley will bounce back from that loss. Younger, smaller bodies were always going to struggle against CH.

I dont think Dingley are any good and will only beat the lower teams

I did think Clayton would have been better than what they are doing, they have some very good players on their list but are just not putting it together

Also I thought St Pauls would be going better than they are

St Kilda City,East Brighton, Chelsea Heights then St Pauls,Cheltenham, gap Dingley,Mordialloc gap Heatherton,Clayton and last Tooronga Malvern

Yeh true, might have got that wrong
Chelt might be better than I thought, we will see this week ?

If so that will be the 5 St Kilda City,East Brighton, Chelsea Heights then St Pauls , Cheltenham then gap

While your correcting yourself St Pauls also beat East Brighton by 10 goals, different results are getting thrown up each week which is different to the previous 4 or 5 years.
St Kilda and Chelsea heights are a long way ahead of anyone.

Just to clarify superfreakwhen you say younger, smaller bodies, do you mean younger and smaller, or, younger or smaller?

While your correcting yourself St Pauls also beat East Brighton by 10 goals, different results are getting thrown up each week which is different to the previous 4 or 5 years.
St Kilda and Chelsea heights are a long way ahead of anyone.

Yeh but East Brighton had a few players out that day and they are a much better team now

I dont think Dingley are any good and will only beat the lower teams

I did think Clayton would have been better than what they are doing, they have some very good players on their list but are just not putting it together

Also I thought St Pauls would be going better than they are

St Kilda City,East Brighton, Chelsea Heights then St Pauls,Cheltenham, gap Dingley,Mordialloc gap Heatherton,Clayton and last Tooronga Malvern

I too am glad that you have started this because the forum was becoming boring and only attracting boring posters, take McGlede as an example.

I am confident that the Dingoes will take a couple of big scalps this year and will have learnt a lot from the thrashing from Chelsea Heights.

We have won 3 out of 4, not too shabby. We wont be the last club that Chelsea Heights hand a thumping out to!

I too am glad that you have started this because the forum was becoming boring and only attracting boring posters, take McGlede as an example.

I am confident that the Dingoes will take a couple of big scalps this year and will have learnt a lot from the thrashing from Chelsea Heights.

We have won 3 out of 4, not too shabby. We wont be the last club that Chelsea Heights hand a thumping out to!

Yes good to hear from you, as I thought you might of jumped ship after the weekend
Well I think it will be 3 out 5 after this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember walking up to Beazley Reserve last year to watch my local Chelsea Heights lads play Dingley and couldn't work out Dingley's tactics, other than to keep the score down - they never seemed intent on scoring themselves. I was rather slating on little number seven, who would have had 35-40 touches but done so little with them.

Now, down at Dingley today, I was impressed with the set-up they have down there. Was a fair few people there and they are progressing well as a community club. They deserve many kudos for this.

They are however, still clueless when it comes to matters on the field.

The tactic today seemed to be something to do with Phil Smith not kicking 11 from 11 kicks like he did at the same venue last year. Dingley started three deep across the line of the top of the defensive goalsquare, and another three about twenty meters above that. Add in another loose man or two and there was a defensive zone that was so watertight, the Heights had six goals on the board come quarter time.

How was number seven going? About a dozen touches in the first quarter. That said, when your coaches tactic is for the full back line to try to all get over forty touches a game and continually chip it back and forward across goal as first option, I think I could come out of a long hiatus from the game and get ten or so touches a quarter like that.

So pleased was Dingley's coach with how his stats man was getting RSI, he ordered more of the same in the second quarter. The stats man needed three pens to get through the second quarter, however the only column on the sheet that was bare for the second quarter was the scoring column. I don't think they scored at all.

Half time count, number 7 had about 30 touches. 3 of them of any use to his football side.

From there, the Heights had pretty much any answer for any question Dingley could muster. Why Dingley continued kicking across goal on a small ground when behind by 50+ is a mystery to me. Maybe they had subbed their stats man during the quarter. I did see a red vest being handed to someone near their bench during the quarter.

Even in the last quarter down by 60+, a Dingley player would be getting the ball on the full back line, go to kick down the ground, and have teammates scream at him to switch. Just bizarre.

In the end, 70 points to the Heights with Smith 5 and Walsh 5. Dingley won the possession count by 100, with #7 getting 40-45, with a final count of 8 being useful to the Dingoes cause.

What a nasty person you are to harang a single player publicly like this. That's not the way we roll in the SFL.

Yes good to hear from you, as I thought you might of jumped ship after the weekend
Well I think it will be 3 out 5 after this week

Why would i jump ship after last weekend? It may be your nature to sook it but it sure isnt mine!!

Do you follow a team or are you like MV and just talk crap? FYI, try opening a sentence without "I thought" or "I think", it does nothing for your credibility!:(

Why would i jump ship after last weekend? It may be your nature to sook it but it sure isnt mine!!

Do you follow a team or are you like MV and just talk crap? FYI, try opening a sentence without "I thought" or "I think", it does nothing for your credibility!:(

Well thats funny as you sound like a sook, and you do talk a lot of crap, but Im here just to talk about the football

Im sure no body really cares what you think anyway

What a nasty person you are to harang a single player publicly like this. That's not the way we roll in the SFL.

So a pretty accurate match report isn't how you roll in the SFL, however a location of "With your mum" and the inability to correctly spell one line is?

Roll away, dear Wonky!!

Mahalo thinks I'm boring and won't debate me. How can he? He knows full well what I wrote is accurate. Most coaches use the word 'Accountability' as a key word for their teams. Unfortunately, such a word doesn't exist for regular loose men who rack up possessions and do scant with them.

Dingley is a couple of years off. And before Dingoes people complain, I don't think that's a bad thing, as they are still relatively new to Division One and need to crawl before they can walk. They will most likely beat a side or two of note before the season is out...provided they bin whatever rubbish gameplan they trotted out on Saturday afternoon and make a few of their players who enjoy the uncontested footy something that resembles accountable.

So a pretty accurate match report isn't how you roll in the SFL, however a location of "With your mum" and the inability to correctly spell one line is?

Roll away, dear Wonky!!

Mahalo thinks I'm boring and won't debate me. How can he? He knows full well what I wrote is accurate. Most coaches use the word 'Accountability' as a key word for their teams. Unfortunately, such a word doesn't exist for regular loose men who rack up possessions and do scant with them.

Dingley is a couple of years off. And before Dingoes people complain, I don't think that's a bad thing, as they are still relatively new to Division One and need to crawl before they can walk. They will most likely beat a side or two of note before the season is out...provided they bin whatever rubbish gameplan they trotted out on Saturday afternoon and make a few of their players who enjoy the uncontested footy something that resembles accountable.

Doesn't change my opinion of your low blow slagging a player, your anonimity here is over as you described yourself as the stat taker. I know your coach would not be very impressed the way you have slagged a fellow footballer but then again, he has class and you have now shown your colours.

Roll away, dear Wonky!!

If the game plan was wrong, don't slag the player/s for playing to instruction. The player in question is as brave as any player in this comp and for a stats man to question him p1sses me off.

Perhaps they may change things up or they may just improve on the plan as, too often we turned the ball over, under pressure, and were continually punished by the Chelsea Heights mid field and key forwards. Whatever the coaches do, they will take little notice of you mate.

Didnt see you get on here when StKilda ran over the top of Chelsea Heights last game, AGAIN, and question your Coaches game plan that obviously doesnt work against your nemesis!

We are 4 games in and the Dingoes have won 3, albeit against 3 lower teams. We have beaten each of those away from home. Still rolling along nicely.

Actually Wonky, I have no involvement with CHFC. I am not a player, official or member. I just occasionally go to their games when I have an all too rare Saturday afternoon off.

It doesn't take a statistical genius to notice an unaccountable player rack up stats by kicking across the full back line.

Mahalo, you are quite correct, you didn't see me on here following the St Kilda game. That I was interstate may well have had something to do with that. You didn't see me on here following their round one and two games either - I wasn't at either game due to work reasons. Round Four, aside from a practice match, was my first view of CHFC this season.

Unfortunately for the player in question, I have now seen Dingley two/three times and he has played loose every time I have seen him play. At no stage have I questioned his courage, I am more than happy to take you at your word that he is a courageous player. I have simply stated he plays loose, unaccountable football and that is based on the two/three games I have seen Dingley play CHFC.

I think last year I noted that the Dingley full back (#2 from memory, well, he wore #2 on Saturday), played well but Smith was just too tall and too strong (kicking 11) but I felt the full back did everything he could. Thought he did well again on the weekend. Strong overhead and would be a shot up forward as it didn't seem there any winners up there. He did take a good pack mark up forward when he floated up there in the second half.

I know you'll only note the parts you consider anti-Dingley, and that's your perogative, but I think there's more positives than negatives at DFC. Perhaps take note of an objective opinion and look at what is holding you back. I'm not saying a certain player is a dud - perhaps he just needs to be used in a different role, as he was for the start of the third quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back