SFL Division Two - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty quiet on here lately fellas. Have a crack at these...
Premiership winner -
Runner Up -
B&f League -
B&F Club -
Most overrated club -
Most underrated club -
Best recruit -
Player thats stood up -

Add more questions at will lets get this Forum rolling!

OK I'll have a go, I've added one

Premiership winner - Skye
Runner Up - East Malvern
B&f League - John Hynes
B&F Club - Scott Lawry
Most overrated club -Oakleigh
Most underrated club -Hampton
Best recruit - John Hynes or Daniel Willis
Player thats stood up (club) - Matt Healy (last picked for 2011 reserves GF team, has played every 2012 1s game)
Your club's biggest rival: - Oakleigh (short history I know)

Premiership winner - Any 1 of the top 6 teams / hopefully Skye
Runner Up - Any of the other 5
B&f League - Fermanis / De Koyeur / Lawry / Hynes ( top four not in any particular order)
B&F Club - Hynes / Tucker
Most overrated club -
Most underrated club -Hampton
Best recruit - De Koyeur / Mcguinness
Player thats stood up (club) - Lucas / Tilendirt
Your club's biggest rival: - Oakleigh or Bentleigh

Haven't seen every game this year, so may be off the mark on a couple.

OK I'll have a go, I've added one

Premiership winner - Murrumbeena/ Bentleigh
Runner Up - Skye
B&f League - John Hynes
B&F Club -
Most overrated club -Springvale

Most underrated club - Hampton
Best recruit - John Hynes or Justin Plapp
Player thats stood up (club) -
Your club's biggest rival: -

Fish how come you didnt rate bentleigh as premiership favourite?
I reckon people are underestimating them and if they make finals they will play in the granny

Fish how come you didnt rate bentleigh as premiership favourite?
I reckon people are underestimating them and if they make finals they will play in the granny

I knew someone would pick me up on it...

We are currently sitting 6th, a lot of good teams above us. Not talking grand finals just yet, need to keep winning just to make the finals. Need to win 5 out of the last 7 to make them I reckon & other results go our way. I do believe we'll get there but its hard to say which team we'll replace at the moment, but I agree, we'd give it a crack once in finals

Big game this week for Bentleigh playing Skye down at their ground, how do you reckon they will go??

Bentleigh have a pretty good run home after that with only really playing Oakleigh away all the other important games are at home. I believe that clubs like springy or east malvern could be in a bit of trouble

Went and watched Skye v Bentleigh yesterday. Was a great contest with Skye just getting over the line. The game had everything and was a ripper finish. Bentleigh coach was very animated after the game towards the umpires. Skye FF did his ankle before quarter time and they lost one of there ruckmen before half time, so it was a great win by Skye. They are going along nicely at the moment.

Went and watched Skye v Bentleigh yesterday. Was a great contest with Skye just getting over the line. The game had everything and was a ripper finish. Bentleigh coach was very animated after the game towards the umpires. Skye FF did his ankle before quarter time and they lost one of there ruckmen before half time, so it was a great win by Skye. They are going along nicely at the moment.

hahahaha yeah and you could just sense the seething of the Bentleigh lot too :)

Tips for this week fellas what do ya think??

Bentleigh vs Murrumbeena - Bentleigh By 40points
East Malvern v Springy - Malvern by under 2 goals
Southern Dragons vs South Yarra - South Yarra need a win but Id say Dragons by 50 odd points
Black Rock vs Skye - Skye by anywhere between 50 & 100 points
Oakleigh Districts vs Hampton - Oakleigh need to pull their fingers out after last weeks efforts, Oakleigh by 30 points

I knew someone would pick me up on it...

We are currently sitting 6th, a lot of good teams above us. Not talking grand finals just yet, need to keep winning just to make the finals. Need to win 5 out of the last 7 to make them I reckon & other results go our way. I do believe we'll get there but its hard to say which team we'll replace at the moment, but I agree, we'd give it a crack once in finals

C'mon Fish outside chance of making it and even if you do will be hard pressed to win one final let alone get to the GF. Now what happened on the weekend for the Ressies. When was the last time you guys lost a home and away round? Still Bentleigh will walk away with two flags: Ressies? and Colts will both walk it in.

C'mon Fish outside chance of making it and even if you do will be hard pressed to win one final let alone get to the GF. Now what happened on the weekend for the Ressies. When was the last time you guys lost a home and away round? Still Bentleigh will walk away with two flags: Ressies? and Colts will both walk it in.

Yes but an outside chance is still a chance. If we get on the winners list & stay there we'll make it, simple as that. The final 5 won't be known until Round 18 at 4.30pm. Funny things happen in finals. I'm not sure how many people gave us a chance v Springvale in last year's preliminary final either.

What happened in the 2s on Saturday was simple: we got beaten by a better team that was hungry for a battle & we were made to look ordinary for at least a half of footy. To answer your question the last home & away game we lost was about Round 16 2010 v Therry Penola but we also lost the GF that year too against Banyule now sitting 5th in VAFA C Section. Now they were an awesome 2s side!

This week we play Beena who are 3rd so we need to pull our finger out ;)

I'm not sure who you support or play for but it's very, very presumptuous & a little dismissive of Skye to suggest that we will "walk it in" in the 2s & colts

Yes but an outside chance is still a chance. If we get on the winners list & stay there we'll make it, simple as that. The final 5 won't be known until Round 18 at 4.30pm. Funny things happen in finals. I'm not sure how many people gave us a chance v Springvale in last year's preliminary final either.

What happened in the 2s on Saturday was simple: we got beaten by a better team that was hungry for a battle & we were made to look ordinary for at least a half of footy. To answer your question the last home & away game we lost was about Round 16 2010 v Therry Penola but we also lost the GF that year too against Banyule now sitting 5th in VAFA C Section. Now they were an awesome 2s side!

This week we play Beena who are 3rd so we need to pull our finger out ;)

I'm not sure who you support or play for but it's very, very presumptuous & a little dismissive of Skye to suggest that we will "walk it in" in the 2s & colts

Played? Long long time ago Fish. When you get to my age you pay the price for all the years of footy; but I wouldn't change a thing. You are are a long time retired.When I do venture to a game down at Bentleigh and I get a whiff of the linament oil it brings back the memories.So to any guys out contemplating giving it away, think twice. (Watch all of it)
Skye may have a reasonable team but will not match you Fish when it comes to the big dance. Ofcourse you are showing them respect as you should. Personally I believe SKYE will fall away as the business end of the season approaches.With respect to the Colts stop now and give Bentleigh the flag. It is in the bag. They will win the flag by 10 goals irrespective of which team they meet in the big one. I am suspecting it could be a local derby against St Peters which could make for an interesting day.All the rest are there to make up the numbers. Any good luck old timer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moody Blue, Are you saying this about our seniors also at skye?? that bentleighs team will take the flag?
Or just implying this in the colts and 2's??

Moody Blue, Are you saying this about our seniors also at skye?? that bentleighs team will take the flag?
Or just implying this in the colts and 2's??

When it comes to the seniors IMO Bentleigh will miss out on finals. Just get the feeling Skye is going to fall away when the business end comes. Their last three games against Murumbeena, Springvale and Oakleigh is a tough run home especially the final home and away against Oakleigh.The fight for the top 2 spots will be on in earnest. Seconds and Colts, yep, Bentleigh will be Premiers. Fish will have to contemplate losing a few days of his life as he desperately tries to recall the events of the previous 72 hours after they win the flag.

Cracker of a top end of the Div 2 ladder this year. 6 doesn't fit into 5 so who will miss out?
Some high pressure games on in the next 4 weeks leading into the finals, it's almost an 8 week finals series!!!
Where are the finals to be held? Anyone know?

Good to see Hampton knock off a team above them.
Fantastic to see the hammers get up! And boy am i glad i decided to travel down to Carrum Downs on saturday afternoon. Deanos gameplan was in full flight and caught the bombers completely off gaurd. The boys from skye were more interested in scrapping then playing footy, and that showed on the score board! Its a pitty we are out of finals contention, but d2 better look out next year!

Fantastic to see the hammers get up! And boy am i glad i decided to travel down to Carrum Downs on saturday afternoon. Deanos gameplan was in full flight and caught the bombers completely off gaurd. The boys from skye were more interested in scrapping then playing footy, and that showed on the score board! Its a pitty we are out of finals contention, but d2 better look out next year![/qu. Some of sy boys said skye had heaps of.injuries and didnt they have way more shots but well done though but skye bad kicking bad footy. Big week for us and our chance to have our first win. Be down to cheers on the boys

Cracker of a top end of the Div 2 ladder this year. 6 doesn't fit into 5 so who will miss out?
Some high pressure games on in the next 4 weeks leading into the finals, it's almost an 8 week finals series!!!
Where are the finals to be held? Anyone know?
East Malvern now look certain and given draw, even after loss Skye will make it other 3 spots could be any of four. Double chance looks critical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back