SFNL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he would have played against Cheltenham in the praccy under lights last night.
You been going through thirds team sheets? Need a new hobby??

Did not play for the 3rds. Terrific performance last night from BR...49 pts to a perennially strong Div 1 side

Some genuinely worrying results out of Divs 2 and 4 today. Clayton done by 20 goals in ones and twos. In Div 4 you would have to worry that Dandy (who have some minor links to the old VFA side) may not see out the first month. Not good for the Clubs nor the comp

Some genuinely worrying results out of Divs 2 and 4 today. Clayton done by 20 goals in ones and twos. In Div 4 you would have to worry that Dandy (who have some minor links to the old VFA side) may not see out the first month. Not good for the Clubs nor the comp
Mount also done by 20 goals in both games. Only round one and div 2 is usually a very even Comp so hopefully it’s just an aberration and those two come out firing next week.

Sandown and Dandy are more concerning as there is no where to go to rebuild for them. Div 4 was pretty much formed to save them. Credit where it’s due, I didn’t think Dandy would get two sides up this year.

Last edited:
I know it’s early, and nothing really stands out results wise, only margins.

Are Doveton that good or are Clayton still that bad?

When was the last time Mt Waverley lost by that much and looking at their reserves, who were goal less, how much depth do they have?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know it’s early, and nothing really stands out results wise, only margins.

Are Doveton that good or are Clayton still that bad?

When was the last time Mt Waverley lost by that much and looking at their reserves, who were goal less, how much depth do they have?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mt Waverley unfortunately had a number of good senior players leave this year, after there senior coach was offered another gig.
Cant imagine much depth is left!

With rd 1 a few sleeps away, thought I’d post my ladder predictions:

1. Hampton Park- look to be a class above. Will be interesting to see how they react from a few injuries to key players.
2. Springy- Play their big ground well with their runners and well structured game plan.
3. Endeavour Hills- recruited a few from narre and haven’t lost many at all from last year. Natural improvement likely.
4. Heatherton- recruited well with young players from alberton league and surrounds. Hope their ground has improved.
5. Black rock- Have got Dewar back which is huge and look to have recruited pretty well. Flip of the coin with ashwood.
6. Ashwood- Pat Carroll could be best player in comp. unsure tbh how they will go.
7. South Yarra- looking over clearances it doesn’t look like they have picked up anyone of note. People hate their ground which works in their favour.
8. Hallam- Too many key losses unfortunately. Look unbackable favourite to be playing division 4 in 2019. Sad as they looked to be building something special.

This weekend (tips in caps)
BLACK ROCK vs Ashwood- 25 pts
HAMPTON PARK vs Hallam- 200 pts
Heatherton vs ENDEAVOUR HILLS- 20 pts
SPRINGVALE vs South Yarra- 50 pts

Discuss!

With rd 1 a few sleeps away, thought I’d post my ladder predictions:

1. Hampton Park- look to be a class above. Will be interesting to see how they react from a few injuries to key players.
2. Springy- Play their big ground well with their runners and well structured game plan.
3. Endeavour Hills- recruited a few from narre and haven’t lost many at all from last year. Natural improvement likely.
4. Heatherton- recruited well with young players from alberton league and surrounds. Hope their ground has improved.
5. Black rock- Have got Dewar back which is huge and look to have recruited pretty well. Flip of the coin with ashwood.
6. Ashwood- Pat Carroll could be best player in comp. unsure tbh how they will go.
7. South Yarra- looking over clearances it doesn’t look like they have picked up anyone of note. People hate their ground which works in their favour.
8. Hallam- Too many key losses unfortunately. Look unbackable favourite to be playing division 4 in 2019. Sad as they looked to be building something special.

This weekend (tips in caps)
BLACK ROCK vs Ashwood- 25 pts
HAMPTON PARK vs Hallam- 200 pts
Heatherton vs ENDEAVOUR HILLS- 20 pts
SPRINGVALE vs South Yarra- 50 pts

Discuss!
Sumd up pretty well there Warren but I reckon Hearherton at home will get over the hillbilly boys and springy are the team to beat , HP are the Hallam of 2017 , im predicting straight sets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sumd up pretty well there Warren but I reckon Hearherton at home will get over the hillbilly boys and springy are the team to beat , HP are the Hallam of 2017 , im predicting straight sets.
HP just cruised to victory over springy yet you still wont acknowledge who's the legit fav?
Think your jelousy and bias is shinning through sonny

HP just cruised to victory over springy yet you still wont acknowledge who's the legit fav?
Think your jelousy and bias is shinning through sonny
Listen ere old geeza that's 1 game with a very long season ahead , being speculated favourites this time of year means **** all Don't take it personally it's just my opinion , HP to me sounds like a team of champions not a champion team (again just my opinion) , you can have all the wins in the world through the regular rounds but if you can' t preform in finals come the pointy end of the season it again means **** all ( Hallam 2017) prime example, just don' get ahead of yourself old boy loooong way to go

Listen ere old geeza that's 1 game with a very long season ahead , being speculated favourites this time of year means **** all Don't take it personally it's just my opinion , HP to me sounds like a team of champions not a champion team (again just my opinion) , you can have all the wins in the world through the regular rounds but if you can' t preform in finals come the pointy end of the season it again means **** all ( Hallam 2017) prime example, just don' get ahead of yourself old boy loooong way to go
I don’t think you can compare the two clubs, H/P regardless of where they were on the ladder or who they were playing always had a crack, they won’t go out in straight sets like Hallam , great supporter base , and more dollars than most Sefnl clubs let alone Southern clubs, look at what’s happening at Doveton now, no difference to what HP went through, lucky for the Doves that they’ll only cop a year of beltings not 5, HP will be a competitive side in whatever Division they go into

I don’t think you can compare the two clubs, H/P regardless of where they were on the ladder or who they were playing always had a crack, they won’t go out in straight sets like Hallam , great supporter base , and more dollars than most Sefnl clubs let alone Southern clubs, look at what’s happening at Doveton now, no difference to what HP went through, lucky for the Doves that they’ll only cop a year of beltings not 5, HP will be a competitive side in whatever Division they go into
Doveton have had a far more loyal and talented playing group than HP for many years now. I wouldn’t compare the two at all. The doves have always had people wanting to play there and it’s kept them competitive. A well financed HP haven’t been able to attract decent players at all. Big difference.

Throwing money around doesn’t build a club. If you need to throw double the money a player is worth at them to get them onboard it should tell you there’s a problem. It’s a short term solution.

Doveton have had a far more loyal and talented playing group than HP for many years now. I wouldn’t compare the two at all. The doves have always had people wanting to play there and it’s kept them competitive. A well financed HP haven’t been able to attract decent players at all. Big difference.

Throwing money around doesn’t build a club. If you need to throw double the money a player is worth at them to get them onboard it should tell you there’s a problem. It’s a short term solution.

HP and Doveton are perfect clubs to compare. while I agree the the doves have always had loyal supporters and players, the same must be said about HP. many of the players who played on good Friday were part of the last 5-6 years of losses. to me that typifies loyalty.

it is true that HP have had to overpay players (even locals) to keep a side on the park due to results however they have continued to make money while doing so. not many other clubs could say the same in a similar situation. I know the HP executive very well and while I will concede they are paying players (within the rules and salary cap provided), they are not just throwing money away. the goal is to be in div 1 within the next 5 years so now is the time to start building that list so that new players who come now as 3, 4, or 5 pointers have reduced point value by the time (if) they do make it to div 1..... good planning really.

Its a bit of a fallacy realy that HP have just brought a side, off the top of my head there were about 13 odd players who played their juniors there which is about what most clubs would have.

Was comparing HP and Hallam not Doveton . Was pointing out the position Doveton are in now, very similar to HP 5-6 year ago but they won’t go through HPs pain as the league will get restructured next season, no 19s, ressies getting smashed as well as seniors = people leaving

This Weeks Tips:

HAMPTON PARK vs Hallam - By as many as they want it to be
Heatherton vs E HILLS - Endevour were the best team in the comp last year, need to see something to change my mind from the other teams first
SPRINGY vs Sth Yarra - Big ground wont suit the bigger slower Yarra team
BLACK ROCK vs ashwood - The rockers to make McDonald Reserve a fortress this year

Its a bit of a fallacy realy that HP have just brought a side, off the top of my head there were about 13 odd players who played their juniors there which is about what most clubs would have.
HP bought in a heap of players, most are on a lot more then they’re worth. Without paying them all a heap more then they were getting they wouldn’t be there.
Good luck to HP. They have the cash and want to go up through the divisions but don’t try and paint it as though loyalty is what got you a half decent list.

The place has been on the nose for a few years now. They have to do something different to change things and they have.
Good work by whoever is making those calls. But some posts on here are making out that the place has been a great club that’s been unlucky. Give me a break!

And as for comparisons to Hallam, Hallam started from scratch with no money and being non competitive and have had one set back in what has been a fairly solid start to their club on a shoe string budget. As we keep being told on here, HP are a well financed club with huge support that have simply not been able to get their act together. I wouldn’t be throwing stones at any other clubs just yet if I was HP.

HP bought in a heap of players, most are on a lot more then they’re worth. Without paying them all a heap more then they were getting they wouldn’t be there.
Good luck to HP. They have the cash and want to go up through the divisions but don’t try and paint it as though loyalty is what got you a half decent list.

The place has been on the nose for a few years now. They have to do something different to change things and they have.
Good work by whoever is making those calls. But some posts on here are making out that the place has been a great club that’s been unlucky. Give me a break!

And as for comparisons to Hallam, Hallam started from scratch with no money and being non competitive and have had one set back in what has been a fairly solid start to their club on a shoe string budget. As we keep being told on here, HP are a well financed club with huge support that have simply not been able to get their act together. I wouldn’t be throwing stones at any other clubs just yet if I was HP.
That’s my point in regards to the Sefnl comp , everyone’s on the nose besides the top 3 it’s a shit comp, i for one cant wait to go to the Yarra Ranges comp because even at Narre it’s becoming a joke , you can’t get your act together without divisional football and no kids so the only option is to pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back