Confirmed Shai Bolton, pick 14 & F3 (Rich) traded to Fremantle for picks 10, 11 & 18

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is the case. No matter if it's on or not, it just makes too much sense for Journo's to drop it. They will go to the well with this potential story for the next three months till the trade period is done regardless if it is true. This isn't just the lazy linking of player to their home state, both parties have exactly what the other party needs.

The rumors are getting too strong from 'reputable' sources for there not be some reality to all this. And yes, it makes so much sense for the Tigers and Freo. Tigers super charge their rebuild and Freo suddenly becomes a much more dangerous team.

Freo fans would you be happy giving up picks 7 and 12 for Bolton?

It looks like we have 7, 10 and 16 roughly.

Some will be, some won't be. I am not on board, I think it is massive overs.

Also, the talks of him being paid 1 million a year (or overs) causes issue with our salary cap. Especially if it is a back ended contract

You are trading him based on his best, not his last 2 months though, and at his best, you are killing it.

It's a big price. I would prefer ~12 & ~15 tbh. If we did the above trade i'd want their 2nd rounder coming back

This season's form worries me. I know he's in a tough squad at the moment and maybe he's got one foot out the door but it's just a little concerning... Don't get me wrong though, i'd love him

Shai is the sort who adds to offence. So when your offence sucks Shai is not so good - still very good, just not absolutely amazing. But when you are good he is dynamite. What he is doing with a team that sucks is actually really amazing. It's just that how he plays doesn't suit how poor our team is playing.

It's a big price. I would prefer ~12 & ~15 tbh. If we did the above trade i'd want their 2nd rounder coming back

This season's form worries me. I know he's in a tough squad at the moment and maybe he's got one foot out the door but it's just a little concerning... Don't get me wrong though, i'd love him
Think it's the earlier one that we give up.

Will try and keep the pick in the middle for the draft.

Shai is the sort who adds to offence. So when your offence sucks Shai is not so good - still very good, just not absolutely amazing. But when you are good he is dynamite. What he is doing with a team that sucks is actually really amazing. It's just that how he plays doesn't suit how poor our team is playing.
Exactly, 20 odd possies and 1.5 goals a game, its bloody elite. Victim of his own incredibly high standards

I think it's overs but when you win trades like the Schultz and Port pick, going overs for the perfect player is fine. I would be a bit iffy it was more than that and a pick after 40 Tigers aren't using would help.

Many aren't as open to it as me though so you'll get most saying no

Yeah can't agree with this anymore - given our clearance numbers and territory dominance it just makes him even more tantalising in that regard

I think it's overs but when you win trades like the Schultz and Port pick, going overs for the perfect player is fine. I would be a bit iffy it was more than that and a pick after 40 Tigers aren't using would help.

I'd prefer to keep the middle pick.

Would like a second back if we give up the 2x earliest picks. Only a fourth if we can hang onto that middle one.

What a guy :heart:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just talking to captain blood 17 about Freo.

I cant remember a team positioning themselves this well in a very long time. They have played their situation beautifully.
Honestly, as we discussed, if i was Shai and Bakes, why wouldn’t you go to Freo. Could be the final pieces to jag that flag.

Also, the talks of him being paid 1 million a year (or overs) causes issue with our salary cap. Especially if it is a back ended contract

I've always seen him as the topping not the cake type player (nothing wrong with that) but in saying that he would be flying in Freos foward line and would not be required to do as much heavy lifting as he would be at Richmond, Freo have enough grunt esp through the midfield to cover this and a perfect Walters replacement up forward. Didn't know about the mill a year contract tho, that may make it tricky

Honestly, as we discussed, if i was Shai and Bakes, why wouldn’t you go to Freo. Could be the final pieces to jag that flag.
And going together makes it a no brainer if you are them.

It would kill me to see these blokes running around together for another team though

Maybe they intended to put Baker in the backline all along given Wagner is now best 22 and Aish on the outer
If we weren't stacked for backs and light on for mids/forwards that's where he'd be playing. He's elite at mopping up the ground ball down back.

If we weren't stacked for backs and light on for mids/forwards that's where he'd be playing. He's elite at mopping up the ground ball down back.
And that knack of getting a hand in, filling a hole or gap, smothers etc.

This is one whereby I dont know who to believe :(

I thought it was odd that Eddy Jnr (no doubt fed by senior) went with it. I don't believe Eddy would stitch up his own blood. Combine that with Twomey who isn't usually spewing **** for clicks like some other and at the very least you have to concede it's not totally dead.

How alive is all up to the Tigers. Gut feel is it happens now based on nothing but those two.

Probably, but I'd want something decent back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Shai Bolton, pick 14 & F3 (Rich) traded to Fremantle for picks 10, 11 & 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back