Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you watched Treacy play? I wouldn’t trade him for pick 1. That’s the player you want to draft at pick 1. 196cm key forward, physical, dead eye in front of goals, 55m+ kick, excellent contested mark and huge tank.

so Tracey is worth more than pick 1, but Shai is worth what ?

A few things I'd be leveraging to get a good outcome for both parties

1. Richmond will have surplus late picks, sending one back isn't an issue if we get into the first round

2. Richmond have a heap of cap room, paying for a portion of the contract would be appealing to Freo and we can essentially "buy" a better trade outcome

3. Shai Bolton has a long contract, everyone will be pushing for this to be done, but there's ways Richmond can get a better deal while giving things back to Freo that they value, when both parties are motivated to deal they almost always find a good scenario

A few things I'd be leveraging to get a good outcome for both parties

1. Richmond will have surplus late picks, sending one back isn't an issue if we get into the first round

2. Richmond have a heap of cap room, paying for a portion of the contract would be appealing to Freo and we can essentially "buy" a better trade outcome

3. Shai Bolton has a long contract, everyone will be pushing for this to be done, but there's ways Richmond can get a better deal while giving things back to Freo that they value, when both parties are motivated to deal they almost always find a good scenario

100% why can't both parties help each other out

so Tracey is worth more than pick 1, but Shai is worth what ?

22 (23 in August 2025) year old key forward coming off a 45 goal season in 20 games. Was 21 years old for all the games played this season.

25 year old small forward, coming off 34 goal season in 21 games.

Treacy is worth more than pick 1.

Bolton about pick 7 by itself. I think he’s got similar value to Prestia, Taranto who were similar in stature and age when they joined the tigers.

22 (23 in August 2025) year old key forward coming off a 45 goal season in 20 games. Was 21 years old for all the games played this season.

25 year old small forward, coming off 34 goal season in 21 games.

Treacy is worth more than pick 1.

Bolton about pick 7 by itself. I think he’s got similar value to Prestia, Taranto who were similar in stature and age when they joined the tigers.
Personally I wouldn't trade Treacy for 2 Shai Boltons

Bolton for 9 & 10 should get it done!
Enjoy playing Finals next season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
dockers are not certain to play finals in 2025.

getting Bolton, baker, Pickett in the off season isn't going to magically improve the dockers

Freo with Bolton and Pickett would have to be top 4 next year.
ummm no... just because dockers get both of those blokes, it doesnt mean freo are certain to make finals in 2025.

I remember in the end of 2006, freo traded in for chris tarrant, we all know how freo went in 2007.

I also remember freo needing key forwards at the end of 2018. we bring in jesse hogan and rory lobb. freo didnt make finals in 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ummm no... just because dockers get both of those blokes, it doesnt mean freo are certain to make finals in 2025.

I remember in the end of 2006, freo traded in for chris tarrant, we all know how freo went in 2007.

I also remember freo needing key forwards at the end of 2018. we bring in jesse hogan and rory lobb. freo didnt make finals in 2019
Lists have about 3 major paths to get better from season-to-season:
  1. Get players on your list that are better than the players who go off it.
  2. Young players improving more than old players declining.
  3. Improved availability of players.
2 is almost always locked in to happen coz Freo are a perpetually young team. If only 1 happens on top of that and 3 stays stable, multiple people would need to lose their jobs if Freo miss finals. That'd be demonstrable, undeniable incompetence.

Well the fact is Shai makes freo a contender and without him you miss the 8.

So the pressure is on freo here

You have to come up with an incredible deal way way overs or he stays

It’s completely up to you

Pick 9 for Bolton is way, way overs

Well the fact is Shai makes freo a contender and without him you miss the 8.

So the pressure is on freo here

You have to come up with an incredible deal way way overs or he stays

It’s completely up to you
picks 9, pick 10 and 2025 1st rounder for bolton is way too much

I am convinced that Bolton will still be on richmonds list in 2025
Doubt it. You have the picks to get it done, we have the player you want. We will be able to offer salary assistance if required (or wanted). We have late picks coming out of our ass to even anything out.

Don't think he would have asked for a trade if there wasn't a framework already to this being done.

Would take 2 pretty stubborn list managers not to get this done from here.

Geez theres some crap on here.

Its pretty clear that 2 firsts will be involved. Pick 9 will be one, whether its Pick 10 or 17 will impact on what if anything comes back. Tiges will be pushing for 10 with something going back, Freo will be pushing for 17 and nothing going back, but it depends on how much cap we are paying, there may also be a steak knives player involved as some have suggested.

Murphy / Simpson probably the most likely.

If we get a viable deal then this will get done early. The 1 deal of the 3 we know about that we will play hardball is definitely the Rioli one IMO.

thats what I fear. freo not playing finals in 2025, despite bringing in picket, bolton, baker and warner
Mate they were top 3 a month ago. Freo would make finals next year just with the natural improvement of the young list, let alone adding Bolton and Baker.

If they add Bolton and Baker they'll be top 4 comfortably.

dockers are not certain to play finals in 2025.

getting Bolton, baker, Pickett in the off season isn't going to magically improve the dockers
There is nothing Magical about it but getting in A graders who replace your C grades significantly improves a team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back