Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know what a generational player is.

Oh. By actual terms I just thought you could state the terms of the trade. The ins and outs. I could look it up but you've butted in here and I feel that's on you.
One of the leading players in the competition :) in their particular role . . . faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound . . . Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No . . . it's Jeremy Cameron!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know what a generational player is.

Oh. By actual terms I just thought you could state the terms of the trade. The ins and outs. I could look it up but you've butted in here and I feel that's on you.
"Butted in" on a post in The Trades thread - Hmm - wasn't aware that was a thing but ok

"Butted in" on a post in The Trades thread - Hmm - wasn't aware that was a thing but ok
Well, you're a Geelong supporter trying to insert Jeremy Cameron into the conversation to make yourself feel better.
Well congratulations Jeremy Cameron is a generational player and you gave up the equivalent of 2434 points or something.

It's funny that fans views on what picks are reasonable is literally just agreeing with whatever the club says. Fans never seem to think that the club is OVER valuing a player

9 and 10 is very obviously overs and any Richmond fan who legitimately thinks otherwise is just being a nuffy. Doesn't mean we won't end up paying it (presumably with something coming back), but to sincerely suggest that Bailey Smith is worth one late first and Shai Bolton is worth two top 10 picks is just dumb

Except we wouldn't be paying 9+10 for Bolton. It would essentially be 9 for Bolton (unders) and then 10 for the maximum salary cap relief possible. It's astounding to me how many Freo supporters are continuing to ignore this, especially when we are trying to cram in the most players out of any team in the top 100 paid players list.

Except we wouldn't be paying 9+10 for Bolton. It would essentially be 9 for Bolton (unders) and then 10 for the maximum salary cap relief possible. It's astounding to me how many Freo supporters are continuing to ignore this, especially when we are trying to cram in the most players out of any team in the top 100 paid players list.

That list is made up speculation by journo’s. Don’t believe for a second we have that many players paid in the top 100.

That list is made up speculation by journo’s. Don’t believe for a second we have that many players paid in the top 100.
Not to mention is based on that year.

So if we’ve front loaded a contract, they’ll be on this year, and never be seen again.

Freo have missed so many trade targets in the past, we kept front loading contracts. It's why we've got the money to in the bank.
Not only that, Schultz leaving meant serong got a bonus.

Logue leaving meant cox and Darcy got a boost early to smooth it out later.

There’s a reason those deals are done after trade period, same as brayshaw this year. Just waiting to see if he gets a bonus or not, depending on who comes in.

I would suggest Freo give pick 9+10 and Richmond pay half of the salary of the 3 remaining 4 years of the contract while we are rebuilding so it helps us fill the 90% min cap than Freo add +2 more years on the deal of their own negotiation.

It becomes 6 year deal for 25 going on 26 year old in december, at the end of the deal he is 31/32.

Exactly.

Adding salary in costs draft picks but frees Freo up for future players as well.

There are more moving parts than just a player for picks. I assume given where Freo is now they want to add Shai to supercharge their offence (which he will do), and by rumour are looking for Warner. If they can get the picks and $ right Freo will turn a contending quality list into a super list. I could be wrong but there are most things in play than most in this thread consider.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back