Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Some serious underrating of Bolton in this thread. Easily Richmond's best player who is just coming into his prime.

Forget form over last year, nobody at Richmond had a good year. Kids with another on the way, 25 years old, away from stability/family to help ou, once settled he could be anything, he's close to it now. If Freo think they are close, then Bolton can be icing on the cake.
So he is easily tiges best player but has never won a bnf
That’s seems more Fandom than Reality

So he is easily tiges best player but has never won a bnf
That’s seems more Fandom than Reality
He had some pretty stiff competition for the first 6 or 7 years of his career....

He's definitely our most talented, but certainly not near the most consistent. As is the case for a lot small forwards....

Our small forwards are so absent that a small forward drafted at pick #11 will probably be our best small forward, not as good as Bolton, but good enough to push us that one extra goal to a goal and a half a game that would have seen us finish top four this year.

Not even close to good as Bolton, never going to rotate through the middle in 2025 but if it's a matter of picking him and his mate one pick after the other around #11/#12 then another at #16 I think we have that position covered enough.

But if Richmond would rather cash in now on Bolton before he is traded home next year with the serious personal reasons discount attached then our best and last first round pick, #10 and #18 is fair to me.

Again, I think Richmond will walk out of that deal paying $400,000 a year for four years, smiling with their #10 and #18 in hand.
I think you're kidding yourself.

He had some pretty stiff competition for the first 6 or 7 years of his career....

He's definitely our most talented, but certainly not near the most consistent. As is the case for a lot small forwards....

He effectively finished 6th in your BnF this year didn't he (same votes as Baker but with 4 more games) ?

In a team that finished 18th winning two games.

Doesn't scream best player. Don't get me wrong, I rate him and he significantly fills a need for us.

But whilst Tigers supporters continually accuse us of under-rating him there may be some generous over-rating your side ?

He effectively finished 6th in your BnF this year didn't he (same votes as Baker but with 4 more games) ?

In a team that finished 18th winning two games.

Doesn't scream best player. Don't get me wrong, I rate him and he significantly fills a need for us.

But whilst Tigers supporters continually accuse us of under-rating him there may be some generous over-rating your side ?
He's was also dicked around by Yze and left twiddling his thumbs in the forward line when the ball was up the other end of the ground for most of the game (until we'd all but lost, then he'd throw him in the middle and he'd look dangerous).

Bolton has finished 4th (premiership year), 4th, 4th, 3rd, 5th in the last 5 BnFs. Pretty damn good for a bloke that spends so much time as a small forward....

He's was also dicked around by Yze and left twiddling his thumbs in the forward line when the ball was up the other end of the ground for most of the game (until we'd all but lost, then he'd throw him in the middle and he'd look dangerous).

Bolton has finished 4th (premiership year), 4th, 4th, 3rd, 5th in the last 5 BnFs. Pretty damn good for a bloke that spends so much time as a small forward....
Our B & F winners are always a bit odd.

Dusty only ever won 2 in 15 years.

Meanwhile spuds like Short get one in a premiership year lmao

You need to show some patience with this list because your window is absolutely enormously long. Id rather wait a year and get the best available then panic and get the Start Now option

Warner is a top 20 player. Bolton a top 100. Id want the top 20

If we show any more patience - we'll change our name to the Fremantle Hospital Football Club

Port list manager talking about Houston trade, “we need something better than fair.” Think that sums it all up.

OK interesting take.

How about we get Bolton - Richmond get18 & 30 and we send a F2 to Port?

Bolton will be good for Freo, as they need some speed to help them score higher. Also need a big forward, but Bolton is a good start to help get the points per game up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact Walls is already saying 10 and 18 is about right for Bolton suggests it's going to end up being more IMO. You don't put your best offer on the table this early in negotiations.

We'll get 10 and 11.
If 10 and 11 do end up being offered, the chances of you guys giving a later pick back get a lot higher, the deal won't be 10 and 11 for Bolton alone.

Bolton will be good for Freo, as they need some speed to help them score higher. Also need a big forward, but Bolton is a good start to help get the points per game up.
We need a big forward? We already have Treacy and Amiss with Jackson resting forward. Our key forwards are set for the next 10 years.

If 10 and 11 do end up being offered, the chances of you guys giving a later pick back get a lot higher, the deal won't be 10 and 11 for Bolton alone.

I agree we will still want 18 as well :p

Hmm was more thinking you give us a pick in the 20s or 30s back 😉
That might be possible. I think Bolton is worth 10 and 11, he is quite a unique player and could easily take the next step to elite level.

Picks 10 or 11, as good as they could be, are unlikely to be that unique player, and they might not be ready for a few years anyway. But I agree, we could send a pick back in the 25-35 range. It's a deep draft, so plenty of talent for the first few rounds. If we could keep Bolton and he was happy to stay, I would not trade him for those two picks.

The fact Walls is already saying 10 and 18 is about right for Bolton suggests it's going to end up being more IMO. You don't put your best offer on the table this early in negotiations.

We'll get 10 and 11.
He also said their are first round picks & first round picks, basically stating he knows 18 is not good enough for Bolton.

He also said their are first round picks & first round picks, basically stating he knows 18 is not good enough for Bolton.

David Walls after finally trading Picks 10 & 11 letting the Freo board how he went.

I won by a lot.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back