Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo should and will take Bolton now

The talk of waiting for Warner is crazy talk IMO

What happens if it gets to this time next year, Sydney wins a premiership and offer Chad the captaincy, and he changes his mind and decides to stay – Freo would miss out on both

Or say Freo has a few injuries, has another slightly disappointing year, and at the same time WCE start to, at long last, rise up the ladder and Chad decides to pick WCE instead?

No, you take Bolton now, and if Chad is available in a year, you find the draft capital you need then

The Bolton deal is probably already done, 10, 11 and then some salary paid and a later pick back to Freo

And all the cherry picking stats to try to prove that Bolton is not that good is laughable, and poor attempts at trolling – you only have to watch the guy play – he regularly does freakish things that change the course of games – he’s exactly what Freo need – and best of all from Freo’s point of view, he’s available and he’s keen to come back to WA
How do you feel if Bolton stays?

I don't think the Jury's still out at all. I was concerned in his first 3 games. Think he's proven the doubters wrong. He's not a full time ruck and when he gets played there (when Darcy's crook) you know we're not getting to see the best of him.
He was what pick 6, 15 and 30 odd? With 800-1m in wages. He needs to soon become one of our best players.

I don't think his 2024 was any better than his 2023. I'd want to see him push to 1.5 goals and 3 contested marks down the line a game. Not a bust by any stretch but had a down year in 2024.

He was what pick 6, 15 and 30 odd? With 800-1m in wages. He needs to soon become one of our best players.

I don't think his 2024 was any better than his 2023. I'd want to see him push to 1.5 goals and 3 contested marks down the line a game. Not a bust by any stretch but had a down year in 2024.
He came 9th in the B&F ...which isn't where he'd want to be but its still better than half the team. He wasn't the only one to have a down year in 2024. I think we've yet to see the best of him

It's up to Freo their desperate for some xfactor, we are happy to keep him, Blair already stated it's up to them get the deal done not us, It will be in the best interest of Richmond.
So ... it's not up to both teams to get it done? If, as speculated, Bolton wants to live in WA and not return to Richmond that's a discount compared to if he was perfectly happy there.

He's got a 4 year contract (which we know are rarely worth the paper their written on but we'll play along) so that's a premium.

I'd suggest these two points cancel each other out

You're in a rebuild and need the draft picks ...and although you're happy with what you have at the moment 2 more picks in the top 20 would be shiny and pretty.

We're happy to trade two picks for him. If you're determined it's got to be 10 & 11 and not 10 & 18 it becomes a game of brinkmanship.

We'll see what happens (because nobody knows) but I'd suggest someones going to have to buckle.

With all due respect you are not Freo, I am confident Richmond will get what they want because Freo need Bolton just like we needed Tom Lynch.

He actually is.

If he walks away from the trade table ……Walls is duty bound by his blood oath to followThe King, we all are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you feel if Bolton stays?
I know all of us supporters are getting very excited about draft picks, it being a super-draft etc.

But I’m happy for a bit of balance in rebuilding, and I’d like to keep a few more senior players who go about it in the right way (and not just players on their last legs like Lynch and Prestia)

Good draft picks can turn into sub-par players in the wrong environment

Having said all that of the want-away Richmond has this year, and much as I love Bolton, him leaving seems to make the most sense, because he does feel a bit wasted in our team at the moment

But if Freo genuinely decide they don’t want him enough to pay for him, I’d be disappointed for Shae, but I’d be OK with it – what can I say – I love watching the guy play

We're happy to trade two picks for him. If you're determined it's got to be 10 & 11 and not 10 & 18 it becomes a game of brinkmanship.

We'll see what happens (because nobody knows) but I'd suggest someones going to have to buckle.
You'll pay 10&11 and get a pick in the mid/late 20s

Tiges fans will say Freo buckled.

Freo fans will say it's not really 10&11 because pick 25

Everybody walks away thinking the other fan base is delusional and their side won.

Simples.

So ... it's not up to both teams to get it done? If, as speculated, Bolton wants to live in WA and not return to Richmond that's a discount compared to if he was perfectly happy there.

He's got a 4 year contract (which we know are rarely worth the paper their written on but we'll play along) so that's a premium.

I'd suggest these two points cancel each other out

You're in a rebuild and need the draft picks ...and although you're happy with what you have at the moment 2 more picks in the top 20 would be shiny and pretty.

Are Freo in the market for Bo Allan? I think it is as simple as that. If yes, 11 won't be on the table. If no, I don't see Freo putting up much of a fight for it.

No one is walking away from this deal.

Tigers would probably want to know their full hand. Get Baker deal done. What are they getting for Graham. Is Brisbane pick lined up.

Once they have that sorted some sort of compromise will be had.

OR they may need 10 to get Baker deal done to grab 3.

There’s so many moving parts that it won’t be a case of staunch approaches and walk offs. Tigers just need to line their ducks up and then all the dominoes will fall.

Freo may give up 10 and 11, but I’ll be damned if it’s before knowing Tigers full hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back