Roast Shame on some people

Remove this Banner Ad

A gimme game againts the youngest and easiest team to beat in the enitre AFL and there was no reason none what so ever to take any chances with the no1 player in the AFL.
Even if he said he was ok to play the club could of over ruled him and declred him unfit to play knowing it was 4 points in the bank before the game even started.
They ruled Bugoyne out and made Sewel a late withdrawal, why on earth wouldnt they atleast make Buddy the late withdrawal.
This is why most are upset. Im sure we will still win with out him, but it was a risk not worth taking...

Turning on the club over the franklin injuries when really most of us have no idea about the facts of the case.

Theres a definite tendency to do that in here and it sucks
So 12 years of being a poster and this is the straw that brakes the camel's proverbial back?

We all love Hawthorn here (at least I hope we do) but being passionate supporters doesn't mean being mindless and eagerly gulping down everything served up to us.

I completely agree; we aren't privy to the facts so we should be cautious and surely the club didn't seek this outcome. They want him out on the park too. So either he was completely fine and it's just bad luck - or the club monumentally stuffed up. My issue is hamstrings can potentially be notoriously hard to manage, so if he pulled up sore why not rest him against a club we were going to likely run all over, particularly with the teams we have ahead?

Just as we don't have all the facts, I hardly expect Clarkson to come out and say to the football world 'yeah with our army of fitness and coaching staff we completely stuffed up'. I certainly do hope we get some more info though.

We all love Hawthorn here (at least I hope we do) but being passionate supporters doesn't mean being mindless and eagerly gulping down everything served up to us.

I completely agree; we aren't privy to the facts so we should be cautious and surely the club didn't seek this outcome. They want him out on the park too. So either he was completely fine and it's just bad luck - or the club monumentally stuffed up. My issue is hamstrings can potentially be notoriously hard to manage, so if he pulled up sore why not rest him against a club we were going to likely run all over, particularly with the teams we have ahead?

Just as we don't have all the facts, I hardly expect Clarkson to come out and say to the football world 'yeah with our army of fitness and coaching staff we completely stuffed up'. I certainly do hope we get some more info though.

Exactly. I think it's more the fact that we didn't NEED to play him against the Giants, especially considering the injury cloud he was already under. Big blunder for mine.

Turning on the club over the franklin injuries when really most of us have no idea about the facts of the case.

Theres a definite tendency to do that in here and it sucks
When a ****up of this magnitude crops up it's my card holding right to launch onto the forum with peashooter in hand ole bean! Or on the flipside I could just nod my head sagely and agree that shit happens....

Pffft....not likely pal...this muddle has a nasty stench to it that demands a little Hawk follower Roth

The odd thing is - aren't we usually very conservative with Hamstring injuries? Thought we were quite mandatory about it.

So either Buddy passed all key tests - or club rules were bent and a deliberate risk taken. Either way I'm not sure the medicos can be blamed. If the latter then it's a genuine scandal.

But if he DID pass all key tests then he's fit and he plays. And this is bad luck.

I'd never turn my back on Hawthorn, I have strong belief we can still win against Collingwood and Essendon without Buddy, just need everyone to step up and Hodgey to pull his finger out. We can't always rely on Buddy to help us be a successful club.He's a tough guy but he isn't superman.

Don't be bitter, don't point the finger and try find a scapegoat, Just barrack for our boys and enjoy the ride. We can do this.

Hamstring bleeding, not a hamstring tear/strain

Bleeding can occur without any structural damage to the area, in other words, being sore

Don't blame the club one bit, as it wasjust bad luck

Hamstring bleeding, not a hamstring tear/strain

Bleeding can occur without any structural damage to the area, in other words, being sore

Don't blame the club one bit, as it wasjust bad luck

You say it was just bad luck?

You say don't blame the club?

Big Buddy couldn't train properly all week as he had a sore Hammy. Do you think if we rested him for the easiest match of the season he might be ok right now???

I'll concede there was some bad luck at play, but to say the club is completely blameless is staggering...wow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact is Buddy thought he was right to play and put his hand up. 3 quarters later he has an injury.

He got through the week, passed scans, limbered up away from prying eyes and proved his fitness.

Those who want to lay the boots into the medicos might want to direct a bit of scorn at the number 23, if they are so keen to place the blame.

Well said Pessimistic
I for one am sick of all the whinging, yes I know this is a forum and everyone has a right to be heard, but ther is way too much negativity IMO.... For some nothing seems good enough.. When we win, it's not against quality opposition, when we have one of the shortest injury lists in the comp, our medicos are hopeless when this occurs... When we take the foot off in the last quarter , we can't run a game out... Geez peoples we are one win of top spot

This is a very negative place at times. If you believed what you read on here, Clinton Young's career was over last year.

Anyhow, I'm remaining positive, we have a great spread of guys that can kick goals and with or without Buddy I don't think there's any team we can't beat. Looking forward to the next few weeks to see if we stand up under pressure.

For 2 and a half quarters he looked fine, and when he went off it didn't look bad. I'm sure he passed all the tests and was right to play, in hindsight the club would be wishing they ignored the fact that he was fit to play and rested him but hey who hasn't wished after the fact they didnt do something that seemed low risk at the time

Geez...... surely we are not just a one man team? Why all the gloom and doom? There have been plenty of games where buddy has been well held, played up field, had an injury, kicked poorly, etc etc. Just get behind the team and look forward to the new possibilities available. Look at how Rioli and Roughy played up forward after buddy went off.

Everyone here will keep supporting the boys, but there's a time and a place for having a crack, and this is it.
We rest 8 of our best 9 players against the Suns last year; yet we play our most important player who obviously had a dodgey hammy in a game against GWS. We were always going to get the % booster without him.
Now it's come back to bite the club in a big way.
Someone needs to fess up, put their hand up and say, we ****ed up.
Absolutely ridiculous decision, and we're entitled to express our feelings. It's not whinging.

Well said Pessimistic - no one knows what goes on behind the doors. I trust the club to do the right thing. It will test us but no more than we had last year and I think it may be the test we need to galvanise the group. Not the best timing and it could really hurt but lets see what the mindset of the team is like without the Bud in there. Might see Cyril pop up with 6 again, or Gunners or Breust.... Who will put their hand up?

Fact is Buddy thought he was right to play and put his hand up. 3 quarters later he has an injury.

He got through the week, passed scans, limbered up away from prying eyes and proved his fitness.

Those who want to lay the boots into the medicos might want to direct a bit of scorn at the number 23, if they are so keen to place the blame.

Would be unusual for any player not frothing at the mouth wanting to play footy, injured or not. Franklin will put up his hand to play every game and it is the clubs responsibility to make the call on him. Franklin was smart enough to come off against Carlton when his body alerted him to an issue. The decision should have been made right then about letting him recover. Relying on scans and fitness tests to decide if he should play GWS was either because no one at the club had the guts to shut down Franklin for a week or just unnecessary risk taking. Franklin’s body told him to rest, our club told him to play.

In my opinion we would have been a better team against GWS if Franklin was rested, mostly because GWS have a guy called Phil Davis. Wanganeen/Schneider could have a taste of AFL. You need a bit of luck to go your way to challenge for premierships, you also need to make very few mistakes. Let’s hope this is the last one made for a long time.

For 2 and a half quarters he looked fine, and when he went off it didn't look bad. I'm sure he passed all the tests and was right to play, in hindsight the club would be wishing they ignored the fact that he was fit to play and rested him but hey who hasn't wished after the fact they didnt do something that seemed low risk at the time

Maybe it's because I've watched the replay after the injury to Franklin's hamstring was announced, but to my eyes, I don't think he was running all that freely against the Giants either.

I think people are just sick of the BS the club feeds us.
Before round 1 they said everything was great and then a week or so later half the team was on the injury list. Then they ring me trying to get money for raffle tickets or something. No chance.

Why don't they come out and say "We don't know when Hodge will play, he isn't recovering well, things keep going wrong, based on how it has panned out so far he will probably not play again this year" but no we get the same old he'll be ready in 2 weeks rubbish even though he still can't do a proper training session.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Shame on some people

Remove this Banner Ad

Back