Shane Crawford tips Dogs for flag

Remove this Banner Ad

That can't be a good thing. The blokes an idiot
He tipped Collingwood to win last years premiership after Round 21, and we struggled after that. However, I do think that Round 1 between Collingwood v. Western Bulldogs could be a very early Grand Final preview.

He has been more correct with his predictions then most of the so called experts.. He did predict that Hawthorn will not make the 8 last year..

But i do agree we don't need any pump ups, we start to believe our own hype and get lost within the mix.

Whilst Shane can be silly at times, having only just stepped away from the game, his football knowledge is superior to many other commentators and as others mentioned, when he does commentate, he is one of the more unbiased ones out there.

As towards the extra pressure on us, well we havent done alot better when we havent been tipped to win the flag.

He's not as stupid as he portrays.....he also knows his footy.

Last year he said after about 6-8 games StK should be the flag favourites & listed his reasons citing their amazing pressure/tackling ect....everyone laughed because the Saints were like 15/1 shot at the start of the season & even after 6-8 games most were waiting for them to fall over, Crawford was right on to the fact they were the real deal.....in the end they came up short but his thoughts on them were very accurate.

However in the end am i more confident this year because if Crawf? No.
Am i confident anyway. Yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

here you go

Jason Akermanis
Brad Johnson

I'm as Bulldogs' biased as they come but you've got to be kidding.

Aker I will most certainly give you - 3 premierships, 1 brownlow, 300-gamer, out-and-out champ.

Johnno does not have as complete a FOOTBALL CV as Crawf.
I've never liked Crawf but 1 premiership, 1 brownlow, 300-gamer and club legend is a slightly more impressive on the CV than 300-gamer, club legend, incredibly nice guy and out-and-out champion.

Don't want to start a debate, but if we're talking footy achievements then Crawf's career, despite his shortcomings as an entertainer :p, has to be given the kudos it deserves.

And let them all pick us! When are we going to stand up and say 'yeah, we're a f**king good team and we WILL win the premiership'. It's been too long and we need to lose the defeatist attitudes!

Lol why not throw Barry Hall in ther as well.

Brad Johnson, No.

hahaha

I'm as Bulldogs' biased as they come but you've got to be kidding.

Aker I will most certainly give you - 3 premierships, 1 brownlow, 300-gamer, out-and-out champ.

Johnno does not have as complete a FOOTBALL CV as Crawf.
I've never liked Crawf but 1 premiership, 1 brownlow, 300-gamer and club legend is a slightly more impressive on the CV than 300-gamer, club legend, incredibly nice guy and out-and-out champion.

Don't want to start a debate, but if we're talking footy achievements then Crawf's career, despite his shortcomings as an entertainer , has to be given the kudos it deserves.

And let them all pick us! When are we going to stand up and say 'yeah, we're a f**king good team and we WILL win the premiership'. It's been too long and we need to lose the defeatist attitudes!

You forgotten about the best and fairest, and 6 All Australian jumpers?. Also a 350 game achievement holds much more value than that which slightly eclipses the 300 mark. Few achieve 300, the numbers drop of dramatically pass the 350 mark.

hahaha

You forgotten about the best and fairest, and 6 All Australian jumpers?.

And your point is???

Brad needs a premiership! And he will get one (or two if he hangs around).

My post was not to incite a fight between Dogs' fans but to inform that, in fact, Shane Crawford has had an impressive career.

And he holds 5 current World Records ;)

Whilst Shane can be silly at times, having only just stepped away from the game, his football knowledge is superior to many other commentators and as others mentioned, when he does commentate, he is one of the more unbiased ones out there.

As towards the extra pressure on us, well we havent done alot better when we havent been tipped to win the flag.

Spot on.

If experts don't rate us, people have a whinge, if they do rate us, they don't like it because it means we won't fly under this "imaginary" radar..:D

As a supporter, it feels good that many do actually rate us, as Gridlock'd mentioned, having not being rated in the past, we have hardly been rated when we enter finals or come to Prelims and the end results have been correct according to the experts opinions about our side.

Let's just hope that Crawfs, Watsons & Robbo's predictions are 100% correct come September..

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Crawford tips Dogs for flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back