Shane Crawford tips Dogs for flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course on Bigfooty it turns into a pissing contest. Crawford has one of the most impressive CV's in modern times so I'm not sure why we feel the need to compare to be honest.

Why does Crawford's opinion hold any more weight than anyone's posting on this thread?

He played at the highest level for a long time, congratulations to him but so what?

While he was playing I'd bet that a lot of us were watching and analysing multiple games and may have played for a number of years ourselves, albeit in lower leagues.

I'd be more than confident I'd have just as much idea about most things as any ex AFL player would, inner sanctum workings excluded of course.

We are the perfect tip to make a statement/sell papers/get on the front cover of the sports lift out.

Tipping the Cats or Saints isn't going to generate much interest in your article. We are the next best at the moment and the 54 thing is a nice touch as well. Could have gone with Collingwood, but more people want us to win it than them.

Spot on.

If experts don't rate us, people have a whinge, if they do rate us, they don't like it because it means we won't fly under this "imaginary" radar..:D

As a supporter, it feels good that many do actually rate us, as Gridlock'd mentioned, having not being rated in the past, we have hardly been rated when we enter finals or come to Prelims and the end results have been correct according to the experts opinions about our side.

Let's just hope that Crawfs, Watsons & Robbo's predictions are 100% correct come September..

spot on ^^.
crawf is giving us some credit guys, thats a good thing! it seems that even if he said st kilda will win the premiership then doggies fans would be saying hes a nut. crawf has a very good footy brain and is a nice guy. So lets just enjoy the good attention the dogs are getting :thumbsu:

Crawf is actually good at tipping believe it or not guys. He may come around as abit of a spud but he does get most of his predictions correct.
But he got it wrong last year as late as Round 21 when he tipped Collingwood to win the premiership at the time. It's even harder to get it right before the season even starts. As I said though, I do believe it will be a Collingwood v. Western Bulldogs Grand Final.
Why does Crawford's opinion hold any more weight than anyone's posting on this thread?
Well it depends. Many people on BigFooty are not objective and base their views on their emotions and have not put any time into thorough evaluation as Crawford most likely did in this instance. However, in 2008 it was shown that it was hard to pick a premiership winner as late in the season as half time of the Grand Final, while last year showed it was hard to pick a premiership winner with only half of the last quarter of the Grand Final to go because there were still variables that could effect the result. The same in 2005 and 2006 when the premiership winner wasn't decided until the final minutes. To try to pick a premiership winner before the NAB Cup even starts is undoubtedly much more difficult.
He played at the highest level for a long time, congratulations to him but so what?
Well that would mean that he may have some inside information regarding clubs than many people on BigFooty don't have. I happen to agree with him that Geelong may slide a little bit, but I think they will still make the top-4. I also agree with him that Hawthorn will have a better season, but I don't think they will make the top-4. I also think that St.Kilda will be unable to replicate last season after a sensational run without injuries, and their off-season has been a disaster and they have not improved their list as some other clubs have. It's possible they may slip a bit as well.

But he got it wrong last year as late as Round 21 when he tipped Collingwood to win the premiership at the time. It's even harder to get it right before the season even starts. As I said though, I do believe it will be a Collingwood v. Western Bulldogs Grand Final.Well it depends. Many people on BigFooty are not objective and base their views on their emotions and have not put any time into thorough evaluation as Crawford most likely did in this instance. However, in 2008 it was shown that it was hard to pick a premiership winner as late in the season as half time of the Grand Final, while last year showed it was hard to pick a premiership winner with only half of the last quarter of the Grand Final to go because there were still variables that could effect the result. The same in 2005 and 2006 when the premiership winner wasn't decided until the final minutes. To try to pick a premiership winner before the NAB Cup even starts is undoubtedly much more difficult.Well that would mean that he may have some inside information regarding clubs than many people on BigFooty don't have. I happen to agree with him that Geelong may slide a little bit, but I think they will still make the top-4. I also agree with him that Hawthorn will have a better season, but I don't think they will make the top-4. I also think that St.Kilda will be unable to replicate last season after a sensational run without injuries, and their off-season has been a disaster and they have not improved their list as some other clubs have. It's possible they may slip a bit as well.

You don't need Crawford to tell you that. It's only logical that Hawthorn will have a better season if they have a better run with injuries and as far as St Kilda goes there's been plenty of people posting the same thing about them on BF since not long after last year's GF and even more so in light of Lovett's behaviour.

While I might want the Cats to win it this year I think Footscray will be in it right up to their necks. Having said that if they don't win it this year another opportunity may not present itself for some years to come.

Shane was always a champion bloke, well liked and respected, well behaved off field and was always totally completely straight.
Congratulations Shane on forming an excellent opinion :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane was always a champion bloke, well liked and respected, well behaved off field and was always totally completely straight.

Lol I see what you did there. ;)

I think he tipped a Doggies and Saints Grand Final. Would love to beat St. Kilda in the Grand Final after last year.

I think he makes a lot of very astute observations regarding the game. Others opinions don't really hold any weight, because we have to do what we have to do, but I think Crawf cops a lot when he is actually a very switched on individual in terms of his game analysis.

Being stupid on TFS is (just) a great way to earn a crust.

Exactly and totally agree! I would so dearly want Brad Johnson to have what Shane has - a Premiership medal in the twillight of his career - how good would that be! Crawford has always been one of my favourites and I've always admired what he had done for his own club. A true champion of the HFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Crawford tips Dogs for flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back