MRP / Trib. Shane McAdam Bump on Jacob Wehr

Remove this Banner Ad

Might work for McAdam actually. Now crows have no choice as it’s sent to tribunal. If the mro made a decision of 3-4 games crows probably would have laid down and taken it. Now we have no choice we might get it down to 2 matches

About as much chance of winning lotto getting only 2 matches. I hate the media influencing things but they do. It’s going to be 3 at the absolute minimum and I won’t be shocked if it’s 5

Agree. But how the hell can they get the Pickett one so badly wrong?

Don’t know that’s the howler. The Buddy one was wrong too (should have got 2 weeks, even I admit that). The Pickett one is so bad it’s not funny I wish the AFL appealed this one.

Might work for McAdam actually. Now crows have no choice as it’s sent to tribunal. If the mro made a decision of 3-4 games crows probably would have laid down and taken it. Now we have no choice we might get it down to 2 matches
There’s no way they don’t give him 4 weeks regardless.

the AFL need a scapegoat after letting other players off.. they need someone to throw the book at to make it look like they give a fxxk about head high contact..

mcadam is the perfect candidate after weeks of letting others off.

There’s no way they don’t give him 4 weeks regardless.

the AFL need a scapegoat after letting other players off.. they need someone to throw the book at to make it look like they give a fxxk about head high contact..

mcadam is the perfect candidate after weeks of letting others off.

Also no way Adelaide won’t plead guilty and hope for the best. They MIGHT get away with 3 weeks doubt it but they might. Think 4 weeks will happen, 5 might if they want to make an example but think in the middle is the most likely

The suspension is one thing but what on earth goes through players heads trying to bump after seeing incidents the day prior! It’s just asking to be suspended
I’m not defending the action but in the heat of the battle I’m going to guess most players first thought isn’t “oh dear someone bumped someone yesterday so I won’t”

It’s the old easier said than done players can talk the talk about it but I’d guess 9/10 their first thought isn’t about not getting suspended

NFI it’s totally illogical
Michael Christian has done this to the crows before..and I'll bet they have been smarting ever since Mackay appealed a decision and got off - this is payback

But as a club, if they had said 2 weeks, I would have said fair enough, or if Pickett had got say 4 weeks and they gave McAdam 3 weeks, fair enough..but this is disgusting and I hope the club appeal this and use the Pickett bump as the star witness..put more egg on the AFL's corrupt face

I’m not defending the action but in the heat of the battle I’m going to guess most players first thought isn’t “oh dear someone bumped someone yesterday so I won’t”

It’s the old easier said than done players can talk the talk about it but I’d guess 9/10 their first thought isn’t about not getting suspended

Sure but there’s a difference between tackling someone a little or high or hard to the ground..and bumping. It’s dumb as can be

The suspension is one thing but what on earth goes through players heads trying to bump after seeing incidents the day prior! It’s just asking to be suspended
Mcadam did the exact same bump two weeks ago against west coast.. went low with shoulder first.. west coast player saw it coming and, very late, turned his body.. both players hip and shouldered each other..

commentators praised both players and declared loudly “who said the bump was dead!”..

this one had a different outcome and ended up looking crude.. but less crude than picketts..

shane deserves 2/3 weeks. Pickett more if anything.

I dont think it's bias against a non-vic club in this instance. Moreso that Michael Christian is horribly inconsistent and incompetent most of them time.
He’s got a ****ing matrix to work off - and while I agree there is a subjective element to it - you simply cannot get this so wrong between two similar incidents - it’s incompetence

Sure but there’s a difference between tackling someone a little or high or hard to the ground..and bumping. It’s dumb as can be
Oh I think you will find most crows fans happy to have taken a 2 week ban from a consistency perspective.but the 2 bumps were different with McAdam hitting the chest and Pickett the head so whatever Pickett got should have been at the far end for McAdam..thats why we are angry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mcadam did the exact same bump two weeks ago against west coast.. went low with shoulder first.. west coast player saw it coming and, very late, turned his body.. both players hip and shouldered each other..

commentators praised both players and declared loudly “who said the bump was dead!”..

this one had a different outcome and ended up looking crude.. but less crude than picketts..

shane deserves 2/3 weeks. Pickett more if anything.

They both should be getting the same, 4 weeks just seems right. The issue is they have completely butchered up the Pickett one.

An attacker should not have to worry about turning their body to not have high missiles flying at them. It’s not the 1980’s anymore.

Oh I think you will find most crows fans happy to have taken a 2 week ban from a consistency perspective.but the 2 bumps were different with McAdam hitting the chest and Pickett the head so whatever Pickett got should have been at the far end for McAdam..thats why we are angry

I get that but there’s still head contact in the McAdam one you can’t pretend there isn’t. Whether it be whiplash or direct he’s responsible. If you go bumping you carry all the risk. It’s why I hate our players doing it, way too high a risk just tackle the bloke

I get that but there’s still head contact in the McAdam one you can’t pretend there isn’t. Whether it be whiplash or direct he’s responsible. If you go bumping you carry all the risk. It’s why I hate our players doing it, way too high a risk just tackle the bloke
the head did whip - yep, but the hit was to the chest and we just saw Pickett hit a guy to the head when he was in the air...and 2 weeks. We just wat consistency, not to be belted far harder than the vic teams

He’s got a ******* matrix to work off - and while I agree there is a subjective element to it - you simply cannot get this so wrong between two similar incidents - it’s incompetence
Yeah I don't disagree. Apparently the fact that a concussion test was required is the reason this one has been graded severe which seems wrong to me because as far as we know neither player was injured or concussed and the potential for injury couldn't be more similar.

Surely crows can just argue to kozzie precedence and get it back to 2?

the head did whip - yep, but the hit was to the chest and we just saw Pickett hit a guy to the head when he was in the air...and 2 weeks. We just wat consistency, not to be belted far harder than the vic teams
It’s not VIC bias, it’s Kossie Pickett bias. Pickett is a much higher profile player who would almost certainly get more matches if his name was Kade Chandler.

This is what will happen I think. The impact grading seems to be creeping up more and more each year. Severe should be saved for a player getting knocked out or a broken bone. While I think he deserves 2 weeks I just don’t see where the severe grading comes from.

Whiplash counts as head contact. The best way to avoid it don’t needlessly bump. I agree the Pickett one is an issue, both should have been referred and got 4 weeks

Yeah I don't disagree. Apparently the fact that a concussion test was required is the reason this one has been graded severe which seems wrong to me because as far as we know neither player was injured or concussed and the potential for injury couldn't be more similar.

Given the impact - both should have had mandatory concussion tests - it’s just idiotic

Unless they have changed the rule and I doubt they have you can’t use the Pickett case. Don’t love it but it’s a tribunal

What a fxxkn joke this league is.. pickett jumps two feet off the ground and elbows straight to smiths head.. 2 games no trubunal..

Mcadam never leaves the ground and bumps the body. Tribunal.

Its a fxxkn sickeningly biased league.

Cotchin, franklin and the other favourites can do as they please and barely get punished.
I'd say it's because of the result, rather than the action, which is a diabolical rule

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Shane McAdam Bump on Jacob Wehr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back