MRP / Trib. Shane McAdam Bump on Jacob Wehr

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say it's because of the result, rather than the action, which is a diabolical rule
The result was the same though.. both players played on..

GWS took Wehr away for a test and he passed.

if anything the dog’s doctors should be asked why they didn’t take smith off to be tested after reviewing the footage…

I get that but there’s still head contact in the McAdam one you can’t pretend there isn’t. Whether it be whiplash or direct he’s responsible. If you go bumping you carry all the risk. It’s why I hate our players doing it, way too high a risk just tackle the bloke
Totally understand and totally agree.. I think most crows fans just feel disgusted with the inconsistency..

what reason other than blatant bias could we Crows supporters blame for this inconsistency?..

Melbourne nearly challenged the Pickett grading!

I wouldn't read much into that, clubs wouldn't do their due diligence if they didn't at least explore the options of appeal in any and all cases.

When considering everything, I dare say they're relieved it was 2.

In the 15 minutes since this has been announced - it’s been universally ridiculed by the media - the AFL must step in
All we ask for is consistency.

Christian has shown time after time he can't provide fair & consistent MRO penalties.

It's typical AFL they keep this buffoon in the job.

He’s got a ******* matrix to work off - and while I agree there is a subjective element to it - you simply cannot get this so wrong between two similar incidents - it’s incompetence
The matrix includes a discount for higher profile players.

4B875F49-0826-485A-A67C-1A53F0AD9352.jpeg
Shane McAdam, come on down.

The matrix includes a discount for higher profile players.
The three main matrix questions:

Are they a big club player? Yes(let them off) No (see question two)
Are they a big name player/upcoming big name player? Yes(let them off)/ No (big suspension)
Have I ****ed up this week yet? Yes (let him off) No (Ban him and **** up)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collins is missing next week due to delayed concussion from the Buddy incident and that received one week? I get the feeling the tribunal will quickly overturn this decision and downgrade to medium impact (wishful thinking I know, but hoping some common sense comes in here)

Collins is missing next week due to delayed concussion from the Buddy incident and that received one week? I get the feeling the tribunal will quickly overturn this decision and downgrade to medium impact (wishful thinking I know, but hoping some common sense comes in here)
What is the problem with common sense?

It‘s not that common…

The issue isn't McAdam's ruling, its the ruling on Buddy and Pickett that have us all dumfounded. Pickett certainly should've been referred to the tribunal, Buddy should've gotten 2.

The one thing Vic media on Fox seem to have totally ignored is the whole issue the average punter is spraying all over here and social media -

One was head high and feet off the ground

The other was not and feet on the ground.

It just doesn't pass the pub test.

I would prefer if the AFL asked 10 blokes in a pub how many weeks an incident deserved, averaged it out and delivered the answer. It would be far more accurate than whatever they're doing at the moment.

The issue isn't McAdam's ruling, its the ruling on Buddy and Pickett that have us all dumfounded. Pickett certainly should've been referred to the tribunal, Buddy should've gotten 2.
Buddy should have been sent straight to the tribunal based on their justification for McAdam (severe rating due to concussion test), just another inconsistency

What is the problem with common sense?

It‘s not that common…
Exceedingly rare in the AFL, particularly since Gil the dill has been CEO.

He promised to leave, yet he is still here with his incompetent fools ruining Pur great game on so many fronts...

I'm stunned by the different grading of McAdam and Pickett.

Both similar impact areas and similar force.

However Pickett was against a player who'd already disposed and Pickett jumped into the bump (should have been intentional grading).

McAdam hit a bloke with the ball and didn't get airborn.

But McAdam is assessed as more severe because their doctors actually put Wehr through a concussion test? Why should the actions of the doctors determine how something is graded? Game is going nuts.

I would prefer if the AFL asked 10 blokes in a pub how many weeks an incident deserved, averaged it out and delivered the answer. It would be far more accurate than whatever they're doing at the moment.
Would save money too as buying a round of beers would be far cheaper than Christian... & get fairer outcomes.

We need to petition a no-confdence motion for Christian.

Time after time he has showed he is a buffoon who has nfi.

I can't believe that in one round of footy, after all the media about Gary Ablett and other players revealing their problems, thay two players have tried to bump their opponent with moves that belong in the WWE.

And the Melbourne supporters are all nothing to see here.

They'd be crying into their cheese plates had Baz done that to one of theirs.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Shane McAdam Bump on Jacob Wehr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back