Traded Shane McAdam [Traded to Melbourne for F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane just wondering how do you think Lachlan Gollant is progressing? He has struggled to break through with the Crows but seems to have some potential (based on SANFL form).
Did well when came in for injures players this year & should have been given more games imo.

McAdam leaving should open up more games for him... but he's not as good on the ground as McAdam. Hopefully can become a Gunston like player.

His time is now, as we have Welsh from 2025.

Did well when came in for injures players this year & should have been given more games imo.

McAdam leaving should open up more games for him... but he's not as good on the ground as McAdam. Hopefully can become a Gunston like player.

His time is now, as we have Welsh from 2025.

I actually would prefer Gallant to McAdam, would complement JVR and Petty nicely.

With Tex, Fogarty and Thilthorpe its seems harder for him to get a look in?

I actually would prefer Gallant to McAdam, would complement JVR and Petty nicely.

I would prefer to lose Gollant than McAdam for that exact reason.

They won’t be tied. Grundy is worth more and contracted and will be a walk up start in Sydney’s team. McAdams isn’t contracted and will be a depth player rotating in and out with Joel Smith.

Will be Jordan compo, likely band 4 end of 2nd round.

While I agree the trade won’t be for much I doubt your club sees him as a depth player. A 3 year contract indicates you expect him to be best 22 and playing each week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

While I agree the trade won’t be for much I doubt your club sees him as a depth player. A 3 year contract indicates you expect him to be best 22 and playing each week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We gave Harmes 5 years. Our club love long-term contracts for depth.

I think the forward woes are a little overstated. If Petty is back, we probably make the granny and win it let's be honest. Now we have 0 depth if we get an injury so we need to grab some forwards.
Stats
Melbourne top of the league this year for inside 50's, but 14th for Goals inside 50 and Shots inside 50.

Stats
Melbourne top of the league this year for inside 50's, but 14th for Goals inside 50 and Shots inside 50.
yeah, I agree with that. I think it's a weak point but it's overstated imo. We lost the qualifying final by 7 points, after kicking woefully without much luck going our way and having some key players out and we lost the semi final by 2 points after kicking 9.17 with half of our forward line out. We're bad, but not that bad.

Joel Smith kicked 3 in a final and looked dangerous, Petty will be back next season. Van Rooyen will improve. Throw in Fritsch, Pickett, Petracca (when playing there) and a small in Neal-Bullen and it's pretty decent. But if one of our key forwards go down, we have no-one else.

I would prefer to lose Gollant than McAdam for that exact reason.

Definitely agree about preferring McAdam over Gollant.

The issue for me is just how much longer can Tex play, players of his age when they fall of the cliff, it happens quick and sudden.

Assuming no injuries, Gollant is 4th in line to Tex, Fog and TT.

I think Tex has maybe one more good year in 2024, then serviceable in 2025 when needed.

losing McAdam sucks, injury permitting, he'll be an absolute steal for you guys for the next 2-3 whilst you're still competing around the top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows fans will be disappointed if they are expecting anything better than a 3rd rounder.
If Dees don't offer a pick the Crows can use, then McAdam will go into the PSD.

I doubt it will come to this.

I think the forward woes are a little overstated. If Petty is back, we probably make the granny and win it let's be honest. Now we have 0 depth if we get an injury so we need to grab some forwards.
Harrison Petty is not the difference between straight sets and a premiership Danster.

Nah, we'll roll over and accept it without lube.

We always do.
Finally a realist.

You don't have a pick anywhere near there ATM - 33 then 88!

No, it doesn't feel right. I'd send him to the PSD rather than accept that offer.
We'll probably get a 3rd rounder for Jordon.

Adelaide won't send him into the PSD, stop deluding yourselves.

You don't have a pick anywhere near there ATM - 33 then 88!

No, it doesn't feel right. I'd send him to the PSD rather than accept that offer.

Looks like it would be a F3 then

Amateur hour from the crows list team if they are incapable of ontrading or packaging up a 3rd as part of another trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Shane McAdam [Traded to Melbourne for F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back