Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

Appealing a tribunal decision is allowed, why on earth are they questioning a club using every lever they have possible to plead their case? Have Robbo or Gerard actually read feedback on their social media channels and realised that no one agrees with them? Surely their producers are telling them this
but a common sense approach wouldn’t be good for ratings.

These parasites feed off trolling to get ratings

but a common sense approach wouldn’t be good for ratings.

These parasites feed off trolling to get ratings
Why have they not been whining and complaining about the leniency of the pickett decision..if they want controversy they can go after pickett and put the Melbourne market offside..leave us bloodywell alone for once

The morons on 360 are arguing that because Pickett didn’t injure the bloke he only got 2 games.
It’s like they’ve just landed from mars.
The 360 idiots said the opposite last year that whether a player is injured or not doesn't matter. Surely you penalise for the action and the injury is incidental. Whether a player is injured or not has many variables outside of the control of the player laying the bump. The woke Whateley flip flops like a politician. He's a crow hater.

Why have they not been whining and complaining about the leniency of the pickett decision..if they want controversy they can go after pickett and put the Melbourne market offside..leave us bloodywell alone for once
AFL probably should've come out immediately and spoke up against Pickett's ruling, but not long after he quickly accepted it before it could be made worse. If Pickett got at least 3, I wouldn't be so annoyed with McAdams' ruling. Without Pickett's bump, I would normally say McAdams should get anywhere from 0-2 weeks (2 being the worst case scenario because he plays for Adelaide). Pickett should've gotten 3-4 for that launch. MRO just makes no sense.

Can someone start a super league already! If a Vic club wants to join it's a $20m licence fee.

Sick of the VFL. Sick of the bias coverage, commentary, decisions.

They even bang on about average AFLW players compared to the legends over here.

It's R1 and I'm over this poo already.

(These DHs can't even get a CEO)

Can someone start a super league already! If a Vic club wants to join it's a $20m licence fee.

Sick of the VFL. Sick of the bias coverage, commentary, decisions.

They even bang on about average AFLW players compared to the legends over here.

It's R1 and I'm over this poo already.

(These DHs can't even get a CEO)
So you’re All_out ?

Saw McAdam’s bump on the weekend - very lucky Wehr was ok. 2-3 weeks suspension fair enough.

Just watched Franklin’s bump. Not as bad as McAdam, but still braced and contact high. Very lucky only 1 week.

Just watched Pickett’s bump - worse than McAdam due to feet off the ground! Again, lucky the Bulldogs player was ok. Should be a minimum 3, maybe 4 weeks.

I can’t comprehend how Pickett can only get 2 weeks and McAdam 3. Is it because Wehr went off for a concussion test and Smith didn’t?

How ironic that last year Cripps smashed Ah Chee into tomorrow; gets off on a technicality ; then wins the Brownlow and Slobbo and Whateley cream themselves over ‘what a magnificent player he is’

All was forgotten and forgiven.

Buddy has been sniping and doing that shit he did last week for years….but he’s a magnificent player so nothing to see here…

Hodge and Mitchell….what great leaders they were despite being snipers…..

The VFL media are the epitome of hypocrisy.

Used to watch AFL360/FC etc religiously.

Not anymore.

I can’t comprehend how Pickett can only get 2 weeks and McAdam 3. Is it because Wehr went off for a concussion test and Smith didn’t?

The AFL can't make up it's mind if it's the action or the outcome they should be judging. And even then it's the actual outcome vs "what the outcome could have been". They're continually getting tangled up in their own ambiguity.

As AFL 360 noted last night, both Toby Greene and Lachie Neale thought the Pickett bump was worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How ironic that last year Cripps smashed Ah Chee into tomorrow; gets off on a technicality ; then wins the Brownlow and Slobbo and Whateley cream themselves over ‘what a magnificent player he is’

All was forgotten and forgiven.

Buddy has been sniping and doing that s**t he did last week for years….but he’s a magnificent player so nothing to see here…

Hodge and Mitchell….what great leaders they were despite being snipers…..

The VFL media are the epitome of hypocrisy.

Used to watch AFL360/FC etc religiously.

Not anymore.
I can’t understand watching that show, I’ve seen a little bit of it over the years and it’s a load of wank. Two tossers with crap opinions.

But to watch or listen to Wheatley on SEN and then to whinge about what is said, just seems weird to me. I don’t get why people do it. Just don’t give them your time.

I can’t understand watching that show, I’ve seen a little bit of it over the years and it’s a load of wank. Two tossers with crap opinions.

But to watch or listen to Wheatley on SEN and then to whinge about what is said, just seems weird to me. I don’t get why people do it. Just don’t give them your time.
People enjoy controversy

People enjoy controversy
I’m not sure it’s that, I think it’s more people are footy tragics and want to get their fill of footy, that’s why I’ve tried it over the years but then can’t get through an episode, besides their shitty opinions I can’t stand Wheatleys voice and Robbos stupid demonstrative way he talks. I also have no interest in listening to other teams players or coaches wank on.

Posters are much better off just reading my posts.

I think a couple of things contributed to McAdam’s hit being sent to the tribunal and him gaining a more severe penalty. Firstly he hit him low in the chest and severely winded him - this caused a lot more impact noise and took Wehr a few minutes to recover from. Secondly it was so hot/humid the whiplash like movement of Wehr’s head sent a spray of perspiration everywhere, this made things look so much worse in slo-mo.

I thought it was unduly rough play (an old fashioned shirt-front to the body) and was worth a couple of weeks. It was a tough but dumb thing to do.
This was my observation too when watching the game. I thought it looked bad because Wehr was basically winded, rather than a head knock causing a concussion. The fact that Wehr passed the concussion test and able to play out the match pretty much tells you there wasn’t any significant head trauma in this case.

Was it an ugly incident and was it rough play? Yes. But this doesn’t mean it was unfair. If anything, that would be classified as a “fair bump” under the rules up until this week. And if we’re penalising on the premise that “it looks an ugly incident”, are we going to penalise all pack marks that knocks half a dozen players to the ground?

In theory, that shouldn't be necessary, because incidents are not compared with each other, they are measured against what is supposed to be an objective standard. The issue here is not that e.g. McAdam wasn't compared with Pickett, it's that both of them were compared to the "standard" and this was done in an inconsistent manner.
Whichever way they compared the incident to other cases or “standards”, it still reeks of bias or some kind of agenda. We’ve been dealt shit penalties on so many occasions in the recent years to Tex and DMac just on a quick brainstorm.

So you’re All_out
Saw McAdam’s bump on the weekend - very lucky Wehr was ok. 2-3 weeks suspension fair enough.

Just watched Franklin’s bump. Not as bad as McAdam, but still braced and contact high. Very lucky only 1 week.

Just watched Pickett’s bump - worse than McAdam due to feet off the ground! Again, lucky the Bulldogs player was ok. Should be a minimum 3, maybe 4 weeks.

In the past:
  • preconcussion awareness - penalties were mainly for the thug actions.
  • concussion awareness - penalties are now looking at the outcomes (eg. Concussion, broken jaws etc).
  • McAdam case - “incident looked ugly and we’re purely judging it on the first half a minute after impact, and nothing else after that matters”.

It is insufferable to think that Whateley can say the shit he did yesterday which is full of contradictions and bluster and face no repercussions. He wouldn't look at Twitter, he wouldn't read the texts and noone in thr media landscape who wants to make a career will be able to take the fight to him as he is a mouthpiece for the AFL.

And Barrett the same saying we should just cop it.

I cannot believe they have focused so much on being a martyr for headknocks and only focused on McAdam rather than spending time going 'yeah the Pickett and Franklin ones needed more'. If they were serious about this then that would be their focus but no, we know the agenda.

Just hate the lack of accountability. When I shitpost here there is a congaline of you campaigners waiting to get your pound of flesh but Whateley talks shit on national radio and tv and gets a few one liners on Twitter.

All these posts about being ok with McAdam getting 1 or 2 weeks confuse me.

He is being charged with being rough in the top level of AFL for legally bumping the guy with the ball - causing no injury, no secondary concussion, nothing.

Not off the ball.

Not blind sided.

No swinging arm.

The player didn’t have their head down and he came flying in hitting him high.

No one was hit in the head.

It’s completely ridiculous that he should even be charged, let alone sent straight to the tribunal.

He is being charged with being rough in the top level of AFL for legally bumping the guy with the ball - causing no injury, no secondary concussion, nothing.

Not off the ball.

Not blind sided.

No swinging arm.

It’s completely ridiculous that he should even be charged, let alone sent straight to the tribunal.
Im still not sure if the shirtfront is legal, but if it still is, which I assume to be the case, it wasn't head high (proven), so I agree there shouldn't even be any charge. It was forceful no doubt, but if it's a legal bump, which it appears to be, will they change the rules to say "you can bump, but you have to bump softly" ?

About the only AFL media people who'll get my attention are Jonathon Brown and Nathan Buckley at this point. Because they're both secure enough in themselves and their opinions (and have yet to become complete caricatures of themselves like some others) that they don't need to make stupid and ludicrous claims for attention.

I don't mind Tredders either, though he's a Port guy, so can never be near the top of my list.

About the only AFL media people who'll get my attention are Jonathon Brown and Nathan Buckley at this point. Because they're both secure enough in themselves and their opinions (and have yet to become complete caricatures of themselves like some others) that they don't need to make stupid and ludicrous claims for attention.

I don't mind Tredders either, though he's a Port guy, so can never be near the top of my list.
I don’t mind Healy

Not off the ball.

Not blind sided.

No swinging arm.

I get what your saying..

But I think most people watch that vision and think.. geezuz Shaneo, what the hell were you thinking.. that was crude and completely unnecessary..

The other thing us crows supporters should be asking is “wtf did that actually achieve shane?”..

If he hadve tackled him instead he may have got him holding the ball.. couldve ended up with the ball and the crows going the other way and scoring a goal..

Small moments like this can have big effects on the end results of the game.

I’m not sure youd find many that dont think shane should get a holiday.. the thing most are blowing up about is the inconsistencies in punishments handed out over the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

Back