Toast Welcome to the AFC - Shane Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Not with our midfield strategy and performance he’s not.
Performance may not be on NVB, though. Our best mids are an AA small running defender and a delisted fwd/mid. Dawson was played mainly in defence not wing, Milera is coming back from a 2 year injury lay off and Pedlar is about a year behind him (we hope). Jones was broken by the previous administration.

NVB does seem to be doing the right things to build our midfield for the future though.

Berry is now one of our best mids, because he was played all last year. Played Soligo for 16 games this year and ran Rachele through the middle from his early games.

Made Schoenberg work his way back to the 1s after not putting in the effort early. But got him there. Hately looked far better late in the year in the SANFL than he has looked since we got him.

Dropped Crouch.

Imagine how he could be doing if he had a genuine midfield to play with (which isn't on him).

Performance may not be on NVB, though. Our best mids are an AA small running defender and a delisted fwd/mid. Dawson was played mainly in defence not wing, Milera is coming back from a 2 year injury lay off and Pedlar is about a year behind him (we hope). Jones was broken by the previous administration.

NVB does seem to be doing the right things to build our midfield for the future though.

Berry is now one of our best mids, because he was played all last year. Played Soligo for 16 games this year and ran Rachele through the middle from his early games.

Made Schoenberg work his way back to the 1s after not putting in the effort early. But got him there. Hately looked far better late in the year in the SANFL than he has looked since we got him.

Dropped Crouch.

Imagine how he could be doing if he had a genuine midfield to play with (which isn't on him).

Berry wasn’t played all last year, he started in the 2s. Crouch and Sloane both preferred over him. He’s too prepared to go back to the same wells that contain average experience. Let’s see who’s in our starting midfield round 1 this year, I expect you’ll be surprised.

Berry wasn’t played all last year, he started in the 2s. Crouch and Sloane both preferred over him. He’s too prepared to go back to the same wells that contain average experience. Let’s see who’s in our starting midfield round 1 this year, I expect you’ll be surprised.
Berry played first 5 games in the 1s in 2021. Missed games 6, 12 and 21 - 23.

There is a risk we revert to Laird, Sloane, Crouch, Keays with a bit of Berry next year. But I'm much more optimistic with the current assistant coaches than previous that we get Laird, Berry, Keays, Soligo, Schoenberg with a bit of Sloane, Rachele, Rankine and Pedlar.

Great news, if Greg hadn't been injured he was tracking to be one of the best SANFL forwards we had seen. Just a brilliant footballer and now a respected administrator.
Always liked Shane, showed something special as a junior when at North Adelaide and then had a great career at the Tigers.
This is a welcome appointment.

NVB from all accounts is doing a brilliant job, catalyst for setting high standards across all age demographics in our playing list.

I heard he ripped walker for not putting enough mentoring (off season) directly to Darcy Fog.

I think VB is due some credit
That very interesting to hear. I thought if anyone was going to get ripped into, it would be Sloany. Strikes me as a very private person off field.

Seems to be a great inclusion, rumours that he was going to have a kick at Golden Grove a few weeks back, could build a great relationship between the club (Adelaide) and arguably the biggest ammeter club in the State. Can see this being a prosperous relationship for all three parties if true/accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be a great inclusion, rumours that he was going to have a kick at Golden Grove a few weeks back, could build a great relationship between the club (Adelaide) and arguably the biggest ammeter club in the State. Can see this being a prosperous relationship for all three parties if true/accurate.
Have heard that it's unlikely he'll be going to GG, though not completely written off yet. Apparently his brother plays at Glenunga which is an option too.

Had no idea we nabbed a former tigers recruiter. Onwards and upwards!!

Funnily enough, all the talk at Richmond about Edwards in the last year or so has been that he has been helping out the recruiting team as that's where he would like his career to go after retirement. Yet there doesn't appear to be any mention of recruiting being a part of his new role at Adelaide.

Funnily enough, all the talk at Richmond about Edwards in the last year or so has been that he has been helping out the recruiting team as that's where he would like his career to go after retirement. Yet there doesn't appear to be any mention of recruiting being a part of his new role at Adelaide.
Sure it does. Pretty much the 2nd sentence says Edwards is joining the recruiting team.

I reckon with the appointment of Shane Edwards as development for indigenous players, I think Sydney Stack would and could be a great get for the Crows.. worth the punt. Get Edwards to work close with him as Betts did with Stengle.

I reckon with the appointment of Shane Edwards as development for indigenous players, I think Sydney Stack would and could be a great get for the Crows.. worth the punt. Get Edwards to work close with him as Betts did with Stengle.
I agree but we don't appear to have list spots.
Basically we either trade in 2023 second round pick to grab someone like this year (maybe Phillipou slides), or we take Turner again in the rookie draft

I'd definitely roll the dice on stack, but suspect many clubs would be thinking similar. Would answer alot of our small defender questions if he could recapture form and get in the right head space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back