Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we already knew their penalties by the time McAdam hit Wehr. Didn't they all used to wait until the Monday? Seems like that sort of thing is best left to deal with all at once so that you can look at things side by side.
Nope. The Pickett penalty was given at 5.30 pm Sunday. Our match finished at about 4pm and the McAdam hit occurred at around 3 pm. Big enough a window for the MRO to view all three incidents side by side.

Supposedly they've now readjusted the rule regarding bumping that even if you hit the body if the head is effected in any way it's counted as "high contact" so the AFL have seen the Whiplash movement and gone well that's high contact because his head went back and forth and that can sometimes cause a concussion.

It's just dumb how the AFL have tried to explain why Pickett was not as bad a "glancing blow" and because the Bulldogs didn't perform the HIA test on Smith it meant the impact was graded High where as GWS took Wehr through HIA because they thought he could be concussed. Wehr was fine and passed the test but it's where they get this potential to cause harm stuff.

Pretty sure the Bulldogs should be given a please explain for not doing HIA on Smith but this is where the AFL are getting their justification for giving McAdam more which is really complete and utter bullshit
This x 100, I can’t believe within the debate the non-testing of Bailey Smith has never been questioned. If they were serious about it, instead of just smashing a soft target to make it look like they’re serious this would be the question.

GWS sent three players for checks, it could have and should have cost them the game if we were an anywhere near a competent side. The amount of players who are miraculously not concussed in close game is becoming less but there are some clubs with horrible records for the old “delayed concussion”.

If they wanted to make a statement, fine suspend McAdam for three weeks but then the AFL needed to appeal Pickett’s grading seeking a longer ban and praise GWS for their actions and player welfare while sending The Western Bulldogs a please explain to put all clubs on notice.

If anyone wants a well balanced discussion on the bumps and a perspective from the NRL experts, highly recommend watching The Back Page from last night on catchup. Puts the crap from Whately and Barrett to shame and shows them up for the click bait shock journos they are these days that are paid shills for Hutchy and the AFL.
AFL journos on the whole are garbage. Easily the worst sports journos in the nation

This will be remembered (by me at least) as the day that footy died. I UNDERSTAND the medical dialogue and acknowledge the ramifications of repeated concussions.

Franklin 1 (elbow to the head):think: ... Pickett 2 (launched like a Shuttle, BOTH feet off the ground) :think::think:

McAdam, CLASSIC shirtfront, completely LEGAL .... 3.

Something stinks here. The old saying was the fish stinks at the head first.

I think this is going to go nuclear TBH.

This will be remembered (by me at least) as the day that footy died. I UNDERSTAND the medical dialogue and acknowledge the ramifications of repeated concussions.

Franklin 1 (elbow to the head):think: ... Pickett 2 (launched like a Shuttle, BOTH feet off the ground) :think::think:

McAdam, CLASSIC shirtfront, completely LEGAL .... 3.

Something stinks here. The old saying was the fish stinks at the head first.

I think this is going to go nuclear TBH.

Eh, if Mackay suspension didn't go nuclear, this isn't. That one was waaaaayyyyyy worse.

Tribunal will take the appeal, downgrade it to 0-1 week, and we'll all move on until the next time a footballer without any clout dares to bump a player hard.

One of the things that infuriates me is that these apparent experts constantly conflate arguments.

One the one hand they say the suspension is right because the relevant test is the 'potential to cause harm'. And then when the Pickett situation is put to them, they respond by comparing the actual harm (Smith got straight up, Wehr didn't).

It's either disengenuous, or they are just dumb.

This obviously ignores that fact that a failure by a team to test their player is used as a basis to reduce the penalty of the person who committed the act.

It is pure gaslighting.

Last edited:
Wow Gerard Whately used to be a good game caller and journo when he worked for abc

Then he sold out to fox where his head got bigger than the game

Firstly the dons saga when he was his own voice of reason

Then he came Ports mouthpiece when he got a week in Alberton with Kenny

Now with his own show on SEN he just goes by the name of Whately and is a worldwide expert

By his own definition thst would be a drip under pressure

Shoots himself in foot when going for click bait with all the wrong deductions and yet is in agreement with most of us

Ps I lasted 2 shows of 360 this year and one of them was to listen to their review of The bump issues

Ps2 at least they knew Shane’s name unlike Garry Lyon who referred to him as that fella from Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The morons on 360 are arguing that because Pickett didn’t injure the bloke he only got 2 games.
It’s like they’ve just landed from mars.
I refuse to watch the fxxkn sour turds on that show….

Have any of them said one word about the fact that the dogs didn’t make smith undergo a HIA?.. any of them at all?..

they are literally saying smith didnt get injured without addressing the massive elephant in the room that is the fact smith was not assessed and thus how the fxxk could these morons, or anyone for that matter, say smith wasn’t injured…

Fact is if McAdam played for Richmond there’d be nothing to see, the AFL uses non Vic clubs to ‘send messages’ whilst they cup the balls of their locals.

The so called journalists are a part of the nonsense.

Appealing a tribunal decision is allowed, why on earth are they questioning a club using every lever they have possible to plead their case? Have Robbo or Gerard actually read feedback on their social media channels and realised that no one agrees with them? Surely their producers are telling them this
They think it’s all SA people

They think it’s all SA people
It would take 2 seconds of reading any reply to a Fox Footy or SEN post over the last couple of days to understand it’s very clearly not just SA people that have an issue. Heck, we all know they read forums like this, it’s clear from the MB thread that it’s not just SA people.

I refuse to believe any of these idiots actually believe what they’re saying, it just seems too coordinated and they’re all saying the same thing. It’s all Crocmedia employees too.

Fact is if McAdam played for Richmond there’d be nothing to see, the AFL uses non Vic clubs to ‘send messages’ whilst they cup the balls of their locals.

The so called journalists are a part of the nonsense.
Star discount also plays a bit of a part in it. If it was Kade Chandler, he also would've been sent to the tribunal, but because the media cream themselves over Kozi, Christian gave him a soft penalty for the action.

I reckon a few years ago Pickett would have gotten like 6 weeks for his hit. Strange they are reducing penalties, except for Shane of course
Those Victorians are more than half an hour behind on the dangers of head knocks.

Eh, if Mackay suspension didn't go nuclear, this isn't. That one was waaaaayyyyyy worse.

Tribunal will take the appeal, downgrade it to 0-1 week, and we'll all move on until the next time a footballer without any clout dares to bump a player hard.
I think 2 is somewhat fair if the incident is viewed just by itself but both Buddy and Pickett should have got more then 2 games each, if the AFL actually cared they would have stepped in and said they wanted them to get more games like they have done before a a few occasions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back