Senior List
Jun 30, 2004
Hillside
Other Teams
Richmond F.C
Having a look on the RFC website and just noticed that Tuck looks like Aka
hopefully TW can turn this kid into an Aka for us Tige's

thoughts on Shane ???????

Very much a prospect in my opinion, will have to work very hard to get games under Wallace. Showed some promise in his few chances but will have lots of competition for the positions he is capable of playing.

corporal said:
Then got dropped for no reason as was Frawley's style at the time
i think you are being a little harsh on danny there corporal, tuck was dropped after he sat 90% of his second game on the bench. i mean really! what a poor performance from shane, he should have got at least 10 touches in his few minutes on the ground.

Sorry danny but we aint shedding to many tears from your departure.

i stand corrected. why was he dropped when he got 13 possies with limmited game time? that one will go to dannys grave i reckon, although he probly doesnt know the answer. match committee probly chose who was dropped using the high tech 'names on a dartboard' method.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember hearing that Tuck never got along with Frawley and the match commitee.

Also i read this somewhere about the time that we delisted everyone else, that Wallace had told Tuck he was a required player and will be getting more opportunities next season.

Hammerfire said:
I remember hearing that Tuck never got along with Frawley and the match commitee.

Also i read this somewhere about the time that we delisted everyone else, that Wallace had told Tuck he was a required player and will be getting more opportunities next season.

If so then I look forward to some long kicks from tucky down the corridor.

guys, it is well known that tuck and frawley didnt see eye to eye, shane is a fantastic kick of the ball, his ability to run with the ball and deliever the thing long is his strength, Frawley had decided that a chip and matrk game plan was the way and tuck didnt "fit the mold."
JUst goes to show how dumb frawley was, particularly when you have possibly the most dominant power forward in Richardson playing in the goal square.

******** fraley and lets bring on a new era.

i must admit i was frustrated why Tuck wasnt given more of a go.perhaps the coaching staff seen something we dont know.
on a positive note at least he survived the TW cull which is a good sign.
a huge year for tucky next year.i hope he makes it.

cheers!

Darth_Tiger said:
i wonder if morrison also didnt get along with the powers that were. it seems some players were treated more than a tad unfairly.
It`s my hunch that was definately the case DT , no other logic for the way they used him , i often wondered whether Morrison had tried to crack onto Frawley`s mrs or something like that

maybe he got frustrated with the stop start chip it sideways game plan and lost it with the coaches - i reckon if i was played at chf and i was criticised for my game i would have let them have it.

I don`t want to ever think about that stop start game plan ever again . I want it removed from my memory . Like that movie with Jim Carey and Kate Winslet ............ "Eternal sunshine for the spotless mind" i think it was called , in fact , i think i will erase everything from 96 onwards

tiger of old said:
i must admit i was frustrated why Tuck wasnt given more of a go.perhaps the coaching staff seen something we dont know.
on a positive note at least he survived the TW cull which is a good sign.
a huge year for tucky next year.i hope he makes it.

cheers!

Hope he goes alright. Will definately play next season.

The comparison with Ezra Poyas maybe a fair one. Tends to panic when playing in the seniors where there isn't as much time and space. As a result, turns the footy over or gets tackled. Looks a prospect when he drops back to the VFL as he knows how to get the pill and is quiet courageous (slight difference with Poyas)

Believe a good coach could make something out of him. Still a project player, but with some promise.

Young Tucky should have been left in the ones for the rest of the season, ala Hartigan. Showed a lot of promise ain his first couple of starts and will only get better with game time, can see him becoming a similar player to bowden in a few years, but hopefully a little more consistant.

Could possibly used as tagger on some of the taller midfielders going around otherwise play him off a HBF or on the wing. Has a good ability at getting the arms free when he is tackled, which can also work against him as if there are no teamates around the umpire will usually pay holding the ball if you get your arms free and don't give the ball, whereas if you don't bother with getting the arms free they'll simply pay a ball up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back