Shane Watson's celebration vs Gayle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full quote, which you have misquoted:

"Not really, he's that sort of person," Gayle said. "I didn't expect anything better, so that's typically Shane Watson, he's a passionate person. That's how he expresses himself but maybe he just overdid it a bit, but that's Shane Watson."

Just reading between the lines, that sounds like a polite, diplomatic way of saying "I think Shane Watson's a tool".

What a stupid headline and a stupid newspaper.

Embarrassed good print journalists everywhere.

Would have been fine if he didn't take those few extra steps towards the stumps.

Really annoys me how people seem to think that the Australian behaviour is absolute crap yet every other team is perfect, it's complete and utter shit.

Watson was in the wrong on this occasion but yeah, agree with you mate. Unfortunately a lot of people make their mind up about something and just cannot be told otherwise from then on. It's like the constant talk that Ponting is arrogant; he was there telling Watson off after the incident, he plays aggressive cricket and will give credit when it's due, but somehow he's still a "complete arrogant tosser." :rolleyes:

I'll tell you what the real problem is: we've been top of the tree for years on end, we refused to give an inch to the opposition, and now we're at our lowest point after losing so many players to retirement, yet we're refusing to fade into the sunset and transform into minnows. The opposition can't catch itself a break, and its supporters are stroppy because they don't have that sort of heart, mental steel and fight about themselves within their own sporting culture. Australian sides will ALWAYS play aggressively and competitively, and if people can't hack that they can **** off.

I don't think he did anything particularly out of the spirit of the game or anything, nor do I think it was something that needed to be punished.

It was so pathetic, the embarassment would be punishment enough. I went to school with Watto and he definitely has self confidence issues and worries alot about what people think of him. He would be absolutely devastated right now about how stupid he looked!

Then again, could he get more embarassed than he already is??

shanewatson01.jpg

pic1238595065_1794_7.jpg

pic1238595065_27198_9.jpg

Shane+Watson28.jpg

Embarrassed the Baggy Green with an exubirant celebration? The papers have the same mentality as most of the idiots on Big Footy.

It's the same as the Bollinger thing, there's been people here saying he's getting a reputation as a cheater. Maybe in the small insignificant world of Big Footy, but if you asked the average person at the cricket you can bet they'd remember his 8 wickets before anything else.

Yeah he looked like a bit of a tosser, but I've seen worse celebrations in other sports around the world and I doubt they have those headlines on their paper the following day.

Get over it and stop being so damn precious.

Yeah he looked like a bit of a tosser, but I've seen worse celebrations in other sports around the world and I doubt they have those headlines on their paper the following day.

Cricket is above "other sports from around the world" in one's manner and sportsmanship...

If the selectors had any balls they'd drop Watson for the next test.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cricket is above "other sports from around the world" in one's manner and sportsmanship...

If the selectors had any balls they'd drop Watson for the next test.

Jesus mate take it easy.

Just because Watson celebrated like Carson Kressley would doesn't mean he should be dropped, he's the best batter in the team on current form.

Congrats, even with all the tripe posted in this thread, you've somehow managed to top the list. :thumbsdown:

Lock this thread now.

Shut 'er down everyone! Hahaha. One thing I've noticed on here is that only knobs request threads to be locked.

Acting like a dick has now become so common in the Australian team that some people are more than happy to excuse it as passion. That fact stinks 100 times worse than any tripe that you believe I've posted on this thread.

Jesus mate take it easy.

Just because Watson celebrated like Carson Kressley would doesn't mean he should be dropped, he's the best batter in the team on current form.

What better way of making an example to Bollinger and co that acting like a fool in a test match will not be tolerated? It is embarrassing. Make him sit a test and I dare say he won't do it again in a hurry, unless he really does have rocks for brains.

We could send out a 'D' team and beat Pakistan with the state they are in at the moment.

What better way of making an example to Bollinger and co that acting like a fool in a test match will not be tolerated? It is embarrassing. Make him sit a test and I dare say he won't do it again in a hurry, unless he really does have rocks for brains.

We could send out a 'D' team and beat Pakistan with the state they are in at the moment.

That would be a bit of an overreaction in my opinion. Hopefully a few stern words are enough to pull him into line

If he were to repeat the behavior in subsequent tests this summer i wouldn't be entirely against what you are suggesting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back