Shane Watson's celebration vs Gayle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A right royal w***er, up there with Brett Lee's little jumping antics (particularly when bowling out tail enders :p). He has a right to be excited about bowling out the WI's best batsman...... however he took it to a OTT level. The only really bad thing was that he wound up right at the wicket, his prancing around just makes him look like he is up himself.

Reminds me of another one of his celebrations in a ODI a few years ago, thinking he was a body builder flexing his arm as though he was king of the mountain.

It drew a very simliar response and reaction to watching Tom Cruise jump on Oprah Winfrey's couch ... an immediate ... "What the f##k is this clown doing... what a flog".

Complete disrespect for an opposition Captain.

and disrespect for his own team and captain..

A headline in the paper today said it all "What a dumb blonde".

I swear Watson must think that since Lee isn't in the team, he is the one who needs to carry on like a fool and talk about himself constantly.

I feel sure you have described yourself there,your shrill support of the effeminate bottle blond reveals more than you may think.:p

Shrill? The only thing shrill is the little girls taking any opportunity to slag the bloke.

He's a gun all-rounder, who gives a shit. He did something stupid, doesn't deserve some of the abuse in this thread.

We lived through Steve Waugh making "choo-choo" noises at an opposition player whose sister was killed by a train, but you get you knickers in a twist about Watto being too excited.

We lived through Steve Waugh making "choo-choo" noises at an opposition player whose sister was killed by a train, but you get you knickers in a twist about Watto being too excited.

That's an urban myth. Both Steve Waugh and the opposition player, Chris Cairns, have said that never happened. Waugh was a noted sledger but I couldn't see him stooping that low.

The celebration seemed very fake though, like he thought his way through the celebration. Wasn't just adrenaline .

Probably shouldn't be fined though I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see anything wrong with what he did and certainly not a big a deal that some of you guys are going on about.

It was the little hopping he did at the end that's put most people off. I don't really have a problem with him getting in Gayle's face and letting him know it, it's the stuff after that that made me look like a real w***er.

I am a fan of Watson as a player, but this just makes him look like a complete nutcase.

I don't think it is a punishable offense, there wasn't a whole lot of agression in the send off, at least nothing like some of the send offs Lillee delivered.

But I just don't really understand it, it wasn't even a celebration, he looked like he was mocking him like "how the shit did you get out to ME?". Just laughing at Gayle, but so hysterically it looked like he was being electrocuted.

Absolutely bizarre.

I am a fan of Watson as a player, but this just makes him look like a complete nutcase.

I don't think it is a punishable offense, there wasn't a whole lot of agression in the send off, at least nothing like some of the send offs Lillee delivered.

But I just don't really understand it, it wasn't even a celebration, he looked like he was mocking him like "how the shit did you get out to ME?". Just laughing at Gayle, but so hysterically it looked like he was being electrocuted.

Absolutely bizarre.
Reminds me a lot of another all-round w***er, Freddy Flintoff. If Watson ends up as good as Freddy , i can cope with the occasional moment of insanity.

Watson is and always has been a complete flog, can't stand him or about half of the other Australian cricket teams players either.

The Australian cricket team almost makes me be embarrassed to be an Australian sometimes. Watson jumping around like a 12 year old girl at a Hanson Concert was one of these times.

If he wanted to give him a send off, then fine. But that was just embarrassing. At least make it somewhat masculine - although that's obviously impossible for Watson.

Shrill? The only thing shrill is the little girls taking any opportunity to slag the bloke.

He's a gun all-rounder, who gives a shit. He did something stupid, doesn't deserve some of the abuse in this thread.

ahh the rumour was Mark Waugh and the story denied by both involved.

you're obsession with watson has been longlasting and with every passionate expression/post it becomes more concerning. it's actually strange.

ahh the rumour was Mark Waugh and the story denied by both involved.

you're obsession with watson has been longlasting and with every passionate expression/post it becomes more concerning. it's actually strange.

Eh? :confused:

Watson is and always has been a complete flog, can't stand him or about half of the other Australian cricket teams players either.

The Australian cricket team almost makes me be embarrassed to be an Australian sometimes. Watson jumping around like a 12 year old girl at a Hanson Concert was one of these times.

Lol @ Hanson concert.

Yep, Watson is a representation of what Australian sport should not be as are a number of the other Aussie cricketers. You dont need to be a w***er to be intimidating - enter Curtly Ambrose. Unfortunately Australian cricket seems to have the highest flog per cricketer ratio worldwide with India and Pakistan gaining fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back