Shane Watson's celebration vs Gayle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh the rumour was Mark Waugh and the story denied by both involved.

Man people are still banging on about that cairns thing?

Cairns himself came out and said the whole thing was bullshit, if I remember correctly it was an aussie journo who made the whole thing up.

Its amazing people still automatically believe cricket journalists…they have a long history of sitting down and inventing sledges they think the players might have/could have said.

Gibbs just dropped the world cup, the infamous eddo brandes sledge which also never happened.

Journalists know cricketers tend to keep on field talk private even decades later so it’s a free chance for them to basically print what they like.

practicers of the victorian code of football should use that footage in their motivation tapes:

collingwood - do it like shane watson!

or fremantle - "do you have the passion? shane watson sure does"

I'd have India first, by a long way.

Also, flog per cricketer? How many flogs can one cricketer have? :confused:

As in flogs who = cricketers. India has Singh but Watsons antics have superseded him. I think the other Aussie flogs are on par with Indias. Uberflog is Watson and that puts Australia ahead marginally

I would say that Australia has one of the least floggy teams in our history at the moment.

Watson is up there and Clarke has his moments, but it is nothing compared to Sreesanth, Harby and co

England would be second.

Australia have the most flogs in the team bar none. On flog rating scale

- Simon Katich. Actually not a stereotypical Aussie cricket w***er. Seems to be his own self and not really caught up in the nonsense behaviour some of his teammates partake in. An admirable 1/10 on the flog scale.

- Shane Watson. Catapulated to near top of the flog scale. 9/10

- Ricky Ponting. Was a blokes bloke in his younger days. Loves the piss and the punt. Still turns a blind eye at times to his rubbish teammates. Tolerable but still no princess. Helped by the fact he is one of the best batsmen to have played in the past 20 years. 5/10

- Michael Clarke. The captain of the flog brigade. A David Beckham wannabe. Tattoos and fast cars. That kid at school that you wanted to belt because always seems to be sucking up the arse of someone. 10/10

- Michael Hussey. Anyone with the nickname 'Mr Cricket' and who carries on like he does after taking straight forward catch needs to be rightfully included in the upper echelon of flogs. 7/10.

- Marcus North.
In the Katich mould. 1/10

- Brad Haddin.
Complete w***er and cheat. 9/10

- Doug Bollinger.
Carries on like he's good. Dougy, please .. you wear a wig. 6/10

- Peter Siddle.
Another grade cricketer somehow playing international cricket. 6/10

- Mitchell Johnson.
Never seen a bowler take so many wickets with utter rubbish. Thinks he's a good bowler but slightly above average - give me Dale Steyn any day. 7/10

-
Brett Lee
. The "legend of the flog". The chainsaw celebrations after getting the number 10 batsmen out are to behold. 8/10.

- Clint McKay and Nathan Hauritz haven't been in there for long enough.

Hauritz has played more Tests than North IIRC. Hussey hates his nickname, hardly his fault people want to call him that. Everything I've seen indicates he's a modest hardworking guy. I won't bother with the rest.

Shit post. Put a fork in this thread.

Swann, Pietersen and Collywobbles beat the Australian XI on their own in that contest and I agree with most of your descriptions.

You missed Watto's main challenger to world crickets uberflog crown.

Broad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldnt of done what he did, but going by some of the knobs in this thread you would of though he killed Gayle, the Queen, President Obama and Pope as well as ate their children.

Fine fair enough, have seen much much worse over the years some by non Australians, some by Australians.

Wipe away the tears all you haters whom are annoyed that Watto has been proving you wrong lately.

And he will get away with it, Aussies do this time and time again and always get away with it. Same thing when Gambir got banned for a game, Watson was giving it to him all day. Good to see the Aussie behaviour hasn't improved.

And hey, if he doesn't get fined, let's just get the umpire who cited him removed and threaten to abandon the Tour.

Stupid from Watto, lucky to only get fined a small amount.

Should have been Player of the Series as well, comfortably.

"I didn't expect anything better" - Chris Gayle on Shane Watson's bad sportsmanship

Gayle is a hero.

Full quote, which you have misquoted:

"Not really, he's that sort of person," Gayle said. "I didn't expect anything better, so that's typically Shane Watson, he's a passionate person. That's how he expresses himself but maybe he just overdid it a bit, but that's Shane Watson."

blond.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back