Scandal Shane Yarran charged with aggravated common assault

Remove this Banner Ad

And why's that? This is the second time he's been charged with assault, he's a scum bag.
Didn't you guys get Andy Krakouer? Was one of the best personal comeback stories in football and probably broader society.

Surely people can wait for the details of the incident before sacking/bagging/hanging him.

Didn't you guys get Andy Krakouer? Was one of the best personal comeback stories in football and probably broader society.

Surely people can wait for the details of the incident before sacking/bagging/hanging him.
It was a great story, he stuffed up and did his time, then made the most of the opportunity he was given.

This bloke has now been charged twice with bashing people.

I do agree I should have waited for more info before launching on him though, so I take those comments back.

Those of you banging on about- 'he's a grown man' 'no excuse to be a thug' should thank your lucky stars you in such a position to throw out such tough love.
While not excusing Yaz, what others have touched on re: broader societal problem of aboriginal communities, goes a fair way to explaining why we see such a disproportionate percentage of aboriginal men in trouble with the law.

Sorry - that's a load of wank - bloke has done the wrong thing, again.

No excuses if found guilt of what has allegedly occurred.

Delist, agree with the above poster, bloke is a scumbag.

The home invasion, which was just nasty and the stuff of nightmares for a young family, another incident in Leederville, now this, not sure how anyone can defend the "bloke"

The Home invasion took place in 2008 for anybody who cares.
Delist, agree with the above poster, bloke is a scumbag.

The home invasion, which was just nasty and the stuff of nightmares for a young family, another incident in Leederville, now this, not sure how anyone can defend the "bloke"
He's plead not guilty just so you know. Obviously a dickhead but there might be more to it.
Holy crap, why is this cretin on an AFL list? That's ******* disgusting
Because it's been 8 years and people can change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he broken into any houses lately?

No just a move on notice in Leederville with a subsequent court appearance and been charged with assault now. Generally, cops don't charge you without evidence but hey, he's a Freo player so obviously innocent. If he was in my team I'd be singing for him to be delisted.

No just a move on notice in Leederville with a subsequent court appearance and been charged with assault now. Generally, cops don't charge you without evidence but hey, he's a Freo player so obviously innocent. If he was in my team I'd be singing for him to be delisted.
The Move on notice was complete bullshit, cop didn't like the look of him and that was pretty much it.

The Move on notice was complete bullshit, cop didn't like the look of him and that was pretty much it.

Yeah , don't disagree but I hate blokes hitting women, hopefully that hasn't occurred. I know he's done his time for the earlier home invasion but I know the victims were severely traumatised, IMO he shouldn't have ever been on an AFL list after that but just my opinion. Very talented footballer, hope he hassn't blown it because I can't imagine his life without footy would get better.

Yeah , don't disagree but I hate blokes hitting women, hopefully that hasn't occurred. I know he's done his time for the earlier home invasion but I know the victims were severely traumatised, IMO he shouldn't have ever been on an AFL list after that but just my opinion. Very talented footballer, hope he hassn't blown it because I can't imagine his life without footy would get better.
We can all have our opinions but you've absolutely jumped the gun in regards to hitting woman. Has it been reported anywhere that it's a case of domestic violence? It's not me sticking up for a freo player here (check the Johnson thread on our board) I Just don't have enough facts to form an opinion on what happens to him. IF it's a case of domestic violence then I hope the club kicks his ass to the curb.

We can all have our opinions but you've absolutely jumped the gun in regards to hitting woman. Has it been reported anywhere that it's a case of domestic violence? It's not me sticking up for a freo player here (check the Johnson thread on our board) I Just don't have enough facts to form an opinion on what happens to him. IF it's a case of domestic violence then I hope the club kicks his ass to the curb.

Heard it was a domestic dispute on the news?

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Shane Yarran charged with aggravated common assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Back