Scandal Shane Yarran charged with aggravated common assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe domestic means a family member I have no idea now

The Home invasion took place in 2008 for anybody who cares.

He's plead not guilty just so you know. Obviously a dickhead but there might be more to it.

Because it's been 8 years and people can change.

Doesn't matter, it was absolutely revolting and the AFL should not allow people like that into the system. What a disgusting person

Doesn't matter, it was absolutely revolting and the AFL should not allow people like that into the system. What a disgusting person
Disagree Completely. He was 19/20 when that stuff happened and he saw 6 years of the inside of a prison cell. You have to give people the chance to change their ways, Yarran obviously hasn't grasped his chance with both hands however or he wouldn't be in strife. But you can't just blacklist somebody for something they did half a decade earlier.

Disagree Completely. He was 19/20 when that stuff happened and he saw 6 years of the inside of a prison cell. You have to give people the chance to change their ways, Yarran obviously hasn't grasped his chance with both hands however or he wouldn't be in strife. But you can't just blacklist somebody for something they did half a decade earlier.

Why not? Playing AFL at the highest level should be a privilege, not for disgusting human beings who do revolting things. That was absolutely appalling, imagine what that family is going through seeing that thug paraded around like a celebrity in the media.

Well, if he's guilty of this current accusation then I hope the club terminates his contract immediately and he never goes near another AFL club ever again. I'm just glad my club didn't pick him up.

Why not? Playing AFL at the highest level should be a privilege, not for disgusting human beings who do revolting things. That was absolutely appalling, imagine what that family is going through seeing that thug paraded around like a celebrity in the media.

Well, if he's guilty of this current accusation then I hope the club terminates his contract immediately and he never goes near another AFL club ever again. I'm just glad my club didn't pick him up.
Yeah because Yarran's really being paraded around like a celebrity right now. Obviously it was a stupid thing to do but it was 8 years ago, I'm sure everyone has done things in the past that they wish they could take back. But you're idea is stupid, He shouldn't be held back by something he did as a 19/20 year old. If he's guilty then I'm sure he's gone. We aren't as incompetent as your club.

Yeah because Yarran's really being paraded around like a celebrity right now. Obviously it was a stupid thing to do but it was 8 years ago, I'm sure everyone has done things in the past that they wish they could take back. But you're idea is stupid, He shouldn't be held back by something he did as a 19/20 year old. If he's guilty then I'm sure he's gone. We aren't as incompetent as your club.

You've done something as stupid and disgusting as that?

No wonder you're desperately trying to defend him.

Disagree they should help in rehabilitation. At the end of the day we want people to turn their life around and become good citizens who contribute to society in a positive way

You don't get his argument. He's saying people like Yarren shouldn't be given the privilege of playing AFL if they transgress.

I agree with him, anyone entering the AFL should be held to the highest standards of common decency and a role model to society.

You don't get his argument. He's saying people like Yarren shouldn't be given the privilege of playing AFL if they transgress.

I agree with him, anyone entering the AFL should be held to the highest standards of common decency and a role model to society.
Like Daniel Kerr?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Daniel Kerr?
Yes exactly, and Newman.

Go check the Newman thread on our board and see the reaction I copped when I said he should've been sacked. The vast majority of our supporters where only sticking up for him because he was an eagle.

They don't deserve to represent the AFL.

They don't deserve to represent the AFL.
So what because he stuffed up he shouldn't be allowed to follow his dream? I dunno about that, he was in prison for half a decade so I don't have a problem with us drafting him in the first place. If he's whacked his Wife you can bet every penny you own he's gawnnnn. But I'll wait for facts before sentencing him to death.

He doesn't get it, he's just fixated on his argument because his team is involved. Even if it was a Melbourne player I would have the same view.

Had to laugh at his comment about trying to play it down by stating that everyone does stupid things when they're young though. It does sat a lot about him as a person if he can just dismiss it as something stupid.

So what because he stuffed up he shouldn't be allowed to follow his dream? I dunno about that, he was in prison for half a decade so I don't have a problem with us drafting him in the first place. If he's whacked his Wife you can bet every penny you own he's gawnnnn. But I'll wait for facts before sentencing him to death.

There are different levels of stuffing up. If you've stuffed up by putting fear into a young family that will stay with them for the rest of their lives, then yes, he should have no place in the AFL.

At the expense of a kid who's a good law abiding citizen who kids can look up to?

Then yes.

Stop being obnoxious, since when do football clubs only draft kids who are law abiding citizens

Look in your own back yard before taking the moral high ground.

At the expense of a kid who's a good law abiding citizen who kids can look up to?

Then yes.
I think the idea of having someone like Yarren or Andy Krakouer to inspire young people in similar circumstances to what they were in is a good thing. That they could become successful in a professional industry shows a path away from a life of crime which a lot of people locked up are probably looking at.

I think the idea of having someone like Yarren or Andy Krakouer to inspire young people in similar circumstances to what they were in is a good thing. That they could become successful in a professional industry shows a path away from a life of crime which a lot of people locked up are probably looking at.
Good point. Without hope people tend to do bad things.

Definitely see your point and it makes a good story of inspiration. I'd still rather that chance to go to a kid coming through with a clean sheet.

Stop being obnoxious, since when do football clubs only draft kids who are law abiding citizens

Look in your own back yard before taking the moral high ground.
I like how you drag WCE into your argument, typical Freo. I'm not singling out your club and fully recognise our club had our troubles. As previously said go check the Newman thread on my thoughts about him.

"Obnoxious" for believing that the AFL should be of a high moral standard, please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Shane Yarran charged with aggravated common assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Back