Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

So he was the only reason we lost against port?

Was a huge reason, but obviously for me lots of players had negative impacts for us (also coaches probably played a role).

The 3 goals in 3 minutes wouldn't of happened without shaw being a dumb flog and hitting a player HIGH in the GOAL SQUARE in front of an UMPIRE. That was the biggest point in the game, 18 points plus a huge wave of momentum to take into the 2nd half.. if shaw wasn't a 2 year old it would of been 6 points and then play on from there and the game could of gone a lot differently.

Add in the fact he regularly does stupid shit like this on the field, he can never stick to our structures, he always argues and finger points on the field which brings down morale and destabilizes the defense, off field we now find out not only is he incredibly annoying and unprofessional at training he also disrupts team meetings and tactics...

lastly, add in the fact he is 27, will lose his speed soon and his best is way past him.

If we can get a 1st rounder for him (or adams) we do the deal and laugh all the way to the bank imo.

Hopefully him leaving gives us an extra 100-200k to keep daisy too.

Personally i'm sick of his shit, it was funny a few years ago, but now i just want him to grow the **** up.

Who care's about bitching over this like little teenage girls.
Lets talk about what club will want to bid the most for him.
GC, McKenna has coached Heater at the pies and Gaz is 29 and wants the club to do everything it can to win a flag in the next 5 years.
North-M, They really want to play finals bad as Scott has coached Heater at the pies so cold give up first pick.
GWS, They really need some mature players just to win more games to coach the kid's so maybe gws could offer a future coaching role for Heater and have picks to burn.
Is it a three horse race to get him?

He has had enough chances but the worry is Buckley doesn't have the personalty or player buy in to smooth the personalty issues Heath or any other player has.

Buckley then trades that player. Happend with Dawes and I can't imagine other players are going to warm to Buckley more. Turning your list over like this is not healthy.
Buckley clearly wasn't the right choice to take over that great premiership team. The players resent it.

Buckley clearly wasn't the right choice to take over that great premiership team. The players resent it.

If things regress next year Eddie might be throwing Buckley off his lifeboat.

Even if it may be the best outcome in terms of currency, losing Shaw & Thomas will impact membership sales over the summer.

Buckley's long term standing amongst the Collingwood community will be tarnished forever if he dismantles the premiership squad and the trades / drafts do not come on.

If things regress next year Eddie might be throwing Buckley off his lifeboat.

Even if it may be the best outcome in terms of currency, losing Shaw & Thomas will impact membership sales over the summer.

Buckley's long term standing amongst the Collingwood community will be tarnished forever if he dismantles the premiership squad and the trades / drafts do not come on.
Buckley take over itself has stuffed the club not blaming Buckleys coaching but obviously he cant coach that group with the players behaving like that.
I think Buckley will have a chance to put together his own list but that will be the end of him then especially if it doesn't start performing. He will get one chance at a rebuild. He needs to get the drafting right or he will be gone.

The rebuild has basically already started with Kennedy Grundy Ramsay Broomhead coming in at the expense of senior players.
The toe has been dipped I'd go all the way now. Total rebuild with maybe 2-3 premiership players left on the list in 3 years time.
The national draft is the way to go.

for the club to actually trade him indicates to me that he is the source of the current culture that is supposedly set.

I am hoping its all a stunt to fire him up, however if he happens to leave, we must get a great deal. This guy is one of the best Half Back's in the league, and if he went to a Geelong he could help them to another premiership, if he goes to north he could help them to finals.

The club is in a position of power here, 1st Rounder is the minimum... probably needs a sweetener if its a late pick to please me.

Buckley take over itself has stuffed the club not blaming Buckleys coaching but obviously he cant coach that group with the players behaving like that.
I think Buckley will have a chance to put together his own list but that will be the end of him then especially if it doesn't start performing. He will get one chance at a rebuild. He needs to get the drafting right or he will be gone.

Yeah right, because we didn't see poor discipline on (or off) the field when Malthouse was coaching. I'd say we have been quite disciplined on the field this year (did we even have one suspension?) Fact of the matter is Heath potentially cost us a finals game and has continually done shit like that his whole career. I don't want to see him go but to say that it's Buckley's fault Heath has unmedicated ADHD and chronic ****wit disorder is just obtuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah right, because we didn't see poor discipline on (or off) the field when Malthouse was coaching. I'd say we have been quite disciplined on the field this year (did we even have one suspension?) Fact of the matter is Heath potentially cost us a finals game and has continually done shit like that his whole career. I don't want to see him go but to say that it's Buckley's fault Heath has unmedicated ADHD and chronic ******* disorder is just obtuse.
Buckley has no control over Shaw. On or off the field same with Harry telling him to **** off. Did that not sound alarm bells for you??

Guys lets look at this realistically. The team that won the 2010 flag are no longer up to the job. In a couple of years teams like gws and gold coast are going to be powerhouses Unless we start getting out the older guys while they still have value, the side is going to take a nose dive like St.Kilda did. I for one am looking forward to getting in some young hungry players who have the desire to go all out for the club and actually play for each other. This could be Collingwoods equivalent to the stand Geelong made after 2006

I hope you guys like my post cos i don't want to sound rude but does THATSGOLD talk more crap than Warwick Capper? dude you might have to have a few BBQ's alone in your bedroom
672441-warwick-capper.jpg
525865-warwick-capper-039-s-indy-antics.jpg

on topic, i doubt shaw will go purely based on what clubs will give up for him - given he's contracted he would have to agree and the only club that would pay overs is GC, he won't go there. off topic i have to disagree with some of the posters in regards to buckley and how he's handling the players. i reckon its exactly what we need, we've got too many 'rock stars' who are too personally motivated, seeking spotlight, always on tv, personal sponsorships, twitter, newpapers, etc. i get that players need a life (and and income outside of footy) but we need that to be secondary. look at hawks, cats, etc. they do whats asked of them, get the job done, and are rarely heard from outside of footy related media. it sounds boring but thats the game now and its what we need. And the heirachy at the club know it.

I hope you guys like my post cos i don't want to sound rude but does THATSGOLD talk more crap than Warwick Capper? dude you might have to have a few BBQ's alone in your bedroom
672441-warwick-capper.jpg
525865-warwick-capper-039-s-indy-antics.jpg

His posts are either "yep"

or "collingwood are a joke, buckley has ruined this club, all our players suck, there is no future ect ect"

I'd warrant a number of contributors are going to be much better placed than I am to speculate here - does this mean Shaw's papers are stamped and a trade a foregone conclusion or is this the club playing Larry with a big stick in the hope that Shaw will pull his head in and bounce back?
Hard to gauge the motivation from over here.

I'd warrant a number of contributors are going to be much better placed than I am to speculate here - does this mean Shaw's papers are stamped and a trade a foregone conclusion or is this the club playing Larry with a big stick in the hope that Shaw will pull his head in and bounce back?
Hard to gauge the motivation from over here.
Nah they're just letting everyone know that he's on the market and if a club comes along and makes a reasonable offer they'll deal. For it to go through they also need Shaw's acceptance which disqualifies a lot of the less desirable clubs. So Shaw leaving is by no means a foregone conclusion.

Who care's about bitching over this like little teenage girls.
Lets talk about what club will want to bid the most for him.
GC, McKenna has coached Heater at the pies and Gaz is 29 and wants the club to do everything it can to win a flag in the next 5 years.
North-M, They really want to play finals bad as Scott has coached Heater at the pies so cold give up first pick.
GWS, They really need some mature players just to win more games to coach the kid's so maybe gws could offer a future coaching role for Heater and have picks to burn.
Is it a three horse race to get him?

We don't have a 1st round pick to give up - it is going on Luke McDonald. I reckon Shaw is a classic case where nobody will pay what you value him at.

Would I have Shaw in the side? Yep, if he came for free. What would I give up to get him? Not very much given we have plenty of young talent in his role that I'd prefer to see us develop instead.

That said, going to the right team, he could very well win another flag.

Shaw is still contracted so we do have some negotiation power. I also don't think we will trade him if we don't get offered something reasonable for him.

At this point I would be expecting Taylor Adams or a mid to late first rounder. If we can get late first rounders for Wellingham and Dawes then we should easily get that for Shaw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

Back