Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

Theory..

Essendon have had talks with us regarding Shaw
They are up in arms about wanting a pick between 13-17 for Crameri and not the pick 22 Dogs have offered.
Do you think they want this to on trade to us for Shaw..?

I was going to post the same thing.

They are also saying how it's hard to bargain at the draft table not having picks in the first 2 rounds and that if they can get back to talks with the pies they will.

Cranmeri rated higher than Shaw is stupid. Cranmeri is a few years younger, but only one player should be classified as a genuine proven gun player. The other is an injury prone question mark. I think the later part makes up a fair amount of the age difference if you want to use that as a valuation method.

I think people are forgetting just how good a player Shaw is, because all they can remember are a few stupid moments in his last game.

Seems a few have declared no interest in Shaw. Are they to be believed? If so does this open up any possibiltiy of a reconsiliation. I would still love Heater as a Pie

Seems a few have declared no interest in Shaw. Are they to be believed? If so does this open up any possibiltiy of a reconsiliation. I would still love Heater as a Pie
No.
He had weeks to reconcil and has decided not too.
Why should we give him a 5th chance after he has spat back in our faces.
As far as im concerned, he's a big a traitor as Thomas and should also be banished from the club for a long time.

No.
He had weeks to reconcil and has decided not too.
Why should we give him a 5th chance after he has spat back in our faces.
As far as im concerned, he's a big a traitor as Thomas and should also be banished from the club for a long time.
You're on the inside are you? To know exactly what has taken place? What is this reconcile bullshit? Shaw has been the same way his whole career. You think he just ups and makes his ADD go away? The club don't want to put up with his personality anymore, despite him making a long career for himself with it. As far as I'm concerned if the club don't want to accept him the way he is, then he would be silly to stay. People can't just up and change the way they are, especially at his age and with something as severe as ADD.

And I simply have to say that the administration (Ed mostly) making comments about their tolerance for behaviour probably need to sort their own first.

I honestly couldn't give 2 shits if Heath Shaw left. Couldn't give 2 shits if he stayed. However I could give 2 shits if we trade a SHAW to ESSENDON it would be an absolute disgrace if we let arguably the richest name in our clubs history play for one of our bitter rivals. It is something I do not want to see.

Edit: This may contradict what I just said but just remembered that Crameri wants out. If we can do a deal to get him I may help pack Shaw's bags. Crameri is a jet. Rate him extremely high.

Any chance of a three way deal with Shaw to Essendon, Crameri to the Bulldogs and Bulldogs sending us their top pick and us sending 10 or 11 their way?

Essendon gets compo for somebody that can virtually walk, the Bulldogs get their man and still get a decent pick, and we elevate our pick quite a bit to 4 (or their abouts?). We probably lose the most, unless we nail a great selection which might be a risk in the early 20's?

Any chance of a three way deal with Shaw to Essendon, Crameri to the Bulldogs and Bulldogs sending us their top pick and us sending 10 or 11 their way?

Essendon gets compo for somebody that can virtually walk, the Bulldogs get their man and still get a decent pick, and we elevate our pick quite a bit to 4 (or their abouts?). We probably lose the most, unless we nail a great selection which might be a risk in the early 20's?

Highly Doubt that

You're on the inside are you? To know exactly what has taken place? What is this reconcile bullshit? Shaw has been the same way his whole career. You think he just ups and makes his ADD go away? The club don't want to put up with his personality anymore, despite him making a long career for himself with it. As far as I'm concerned if the club don't want to accept him the way he is, then he would be silly to stay. People can't just up and change the way they are, especially at his age and with something as severe as ADD.

And I simply have to say that the administration (Ed mostly) making comments about their tolerance for behaviour probably need to sort their own first.

You're on the inside are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No

GREATER Western Sydney has launched a bold $4 million play for disgruntled Collingwood defender Heath Shaw.

After being jilted by Buddy Franklin, the Giants have zoned in on Shaw with a deal believed to be around $800,000 a season for five years.

And they have also spoken to the Pies premiership star about a development role at the club for at least two years at the end of his playing days.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/greater-western-sydney-launches-bold-bid-to-secure-collingwood-defender-heath-shaw/story-fn69a32t-1226734330365

Wow. Crazy cash. If that is true, he'd be crazy to pass it up. I can't see any of the premeiership contenders being able to fit half that in their salary caps.

I say we offer picks 9 and 10 for pick 4 if the deal goes through, that will give us picks 4 and 11, maybe even go for picks 2 or 3.

Matt Scharenberg or jack billings will be there at 4

Scharenberg - best of the rebounding defenders, but is versatile, impeccable disposal both feet

Billings - Freakish half forward that can push into the midfield once he builds a tank, Stevie J like but uses the ball better

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

Back