Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that you asked me, but my impression of Shaw is he has lost a bit of pace in the last two years and was definitely not right in the first half of this year. He was getting back to his best when he lost his head vs Port. That was weird: usually his brainfades are skill errors like an unforced OOB. He wasn't a happy boy, the tension with the coach may have made him even more volatile and shouty than usual.

His well documented behavior may be related to his diagnosed ADD. He's allowed to take amphetamines to treat his condition but doesn't. His attention flicks all over the joint, its actually a help as he seems to assess all options in a blink but he then bows off steam at team-mates when things go wrong because he seems to realize 27 things that could've been done better and he has to yell them all out.

Sadly this is true. He has insane intensity, very good disposal (you have to figure in one OOB/other brainfade a match), is better than average one-on-one (weakest part of his pretty solid repertoire) and when it gets hot he shines. Loves pressure, eats it for breakfast. Won't replace Hunt directly but will help replace the many games your defense has shed in recent years.

You may get that as we have some domino trades to push through and Shaw is allegedly not staying no matter what.

Your one worry will be his relationship with the Coach. Malthouse was very cosy with the boys in a frowny way ("you idiot! I love youse!"), not a cold pro like Bucks("move to position A and assess the spread"). Is Scott blokey/bogan enough to reach Shaw? If he tries to be intellectual he'll lose Heater.
Thanks for the informative reply mate. Yeah i think Scotty would get along well with Heater, i mean lets face it he also knows what it's like to lose your cool out on the footy field :D and one of his main assets i believe is being able to relate to different personalities and understand what makes them tick. Also the fact that Caracella and O'bree are both there should help Heater get the best out of himself.

I'm sorry but we won't be taking Varcoe or pick 32...that is a rubbish trade.
Not sure how keen the club will be to trade on pick 15, depends if we like the look of the draft or how highly we think a premiership is in reach next year. We have a slim history of trading out first rounders thought. So will bring up other alternatives too it

Not sure who thought

Not sure how keen the club will be to trade on pick 15, depends if we like the look of the draft or how highly we think a premiership is in reach next year. We have a slim history of trading out first rounders thought. So will bring up other alternatives too it

Not sure who thought
I wouldn't be trading with Geelong. Send him to GWS or keep him.

I imagine the conversation went something like.

Pies "Heater, let us know your preferred club and we'll look at doing a deal to get you there"
Heater "No worries, had a look and want to go to Cats next year"
Pies "No need to rush, have a think about it and let us know when you're back....GWS looks pretty tempting though hey"
Heater "No worries, Cats is where I want to be though!"
Pies: "Cats you say, you sure?"
Heater: "Yes!"
Pies: "Looks like we'll have to fulfil your contract, even if it means you play VFL for the next 2 years."
Heater: Throws standard tantrum....
Needs more expletives.

Pies: so, Heath have you made your decision where you'd like to play.
Heath: F***en hell. I've got no idea.... < continues on random rant>
Pies: we need you to nominate a team Heath
Heath: F***. Dick, shit, arse.... Err Cats
Pies: sorry Heath, it looks unlikely we can get a deal done as they won't offer pick 15
Heath: but those lousy f***s offered me a4 year deal. < continues random swearing???blames. Maxy for something>
Pies: we've heard, GWS have offered you some big coin and a role after retirement
Heath: **** yeah. F***en heaps of f***en cash. They must love me. Can a deal be done with them?
Pies: most likely.
Heath: ****en hell. What'd they offer? Errrr <looks away and randomly screams >," f***en Harry...stay on your man"
Pies: Taylor Adams
Heath: F*** me. F***en ok then! I'll go to GWS. < walks away abusing a non present Sinclair >

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is zero chance of Shaw being at Collingwood next year.
If he nominates Geelong, i doubt they would hand out pick 15.

Let's all prey he chooses GWS as that would deliver us Adams with a swap of later picks in their favour, IMO.

We won't be dealing with pussies anyway.. GWS or stay at Pies.

If you reckon pick 32 will do it you'll have to give as a sweetener like...well you don't have much actually?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I actually really like varcoe. If you dont count this year hes been great. Great on the flanks

GWS or stays for mine.

Despite the belief of many, i actually would be happy if he stayed, and we ended up trading the daisy compo for Adams.

Shaw has had the big kick in the backside, putting him back in his place. I suspect regardless of where he plays next season he will be a changed man.

Not sure what exactly we could give you really. Best we would probably give is 32+ player

Don't know what the deal is with Varcoe, he looks a shadow of the player that played in the 2011GF.

How about Shaw and our second round pick for Motlop. Or Shaw and pick 10 for pick 15 and Motlop. We don't have a single crumber in the whole club. And Shaw would help you guys be right in the mix next year. Proven, quality player despite the brain fades. The wake up call could potentialy produce his best ever season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

Back