Sheahan analysis - Worst team in the comp/

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpie said:
Also interested in his question marks over McPhee who must surely rank as one of the more ordinary All-Australians in memory.

I have no vested interest in defending McPhee, but I thought he was sensational last year. You can put up cases for Wilson or Milburn but he was dominant through half back and had an unbelievable run of good games. The AA's are based on form in the current year and I thought he clearly belonged in the team for 2004.

Even Sheehan suggested that a possible injury was the probable reason for his ordinary form early in 2005.

*PAF said:
We would have to be close to being the worst team atm. We suck. :(
Us Blues would like to think Port are REALLY good right now......make us feel better! lol.

As for McPhee, I was very impressed with him last year, played some really good consistent footy and was hard at it. Definitely right up with the Bombers best last year.

windyhill said:
macpie ? go to a game ? Son that is Gold. He`s too busy being an internet hardman to get to a game.

you need to take the initiative windy hill and shout him a ticket to an essendon game, make the the closet bomber supporter feel like he belongs at essendon.

Who do you pick on Sunday! Essendon, embarrassed and ridiculed in the press after last week's disgrace, may have the motivation, and alot of class and firepower still (LLoyd, Lucas, the 2 Johnson's, Hird, Fletcher etc....) to really fire up this week. On the other hand Collingwood's been pretty good despite the one win.....narrow last minute losses to surprising form teams of the comp, North and Adelaide (it was actually out of North's hands at the end if Tarrant and Caracella had've kicked straight), and only run over by the Dogs in the last 20 min, something that can happen in the first round (the Dogs made the semi's of the wizzer so they may have been more match conditioned). They also had that bloody win over Carlton (F#%K!!!!), who aern't going that bad either. It's such an open and even season, no great teams but a very competitve comp all the way through from 1-16. Alot of teams are in with a chance. The wodden spooner won't so much be the worst team but probaly the least passionate and committed.

dave_27 said:
you need to take the initiative windy hill and shout him a ticket to an essendon game, make the the closet bomber supporter feel like he belongs at essendon.
We both did. Invited him for a drink, beer lemonade, if he felt like one before the game too. Backed out of it rather quickly for some reason? :confused:

M29 said:
We both did. Invited him for a drink, beer lemonade, if he felt like one before the game too. Backed out of it rather quickly for some reason? :confused:

geez, free drinks and a ticket to see his bombers play. what more does macpie want.

Macpie said:
Also interested in his question marks over McPhee who must surely rank as one of the more ordinary All-Australians in memory.

Yze Magic said:
Pretty sad this guy has been named AA the same amount of times as Adem Yze and Jeff WHite

I might be a bit unfashionable on this thread at the moment, but I'll go into bat for Adam McPhee.

I thought he was terrific in 2004, and clearly deserved his place in the AA team. And from the POV of an opposition supporter who's only caught the Bombers on the teev this year, it also seems pretty evident that he's carrying an injury (could it be OP?) that's ******ing his breathtaking style of play.

A great footballer.

duckboy said:
I have no vested interest in defending McPhee, but I thought he was sensational last year. You can put up cases for Wilson or Milburn but he was dominant through half back and had an unbelievable run of good games. The AA's are based on form in the current year and I thought he clearly belonged in the team for 2004.

Even Sheehan suggested that a possible injury was the probable reason for his ordinary form early in 2005.

Ooops ... sorry Duckboy. Just caught up with your post, and realized mine's a virtual replica.

dave_27 said:
geez, free drinks and a ticket to see his bombers play. what more does macpie want.

a day at the footy with Drew & Windy! Hard to say NO to an offer like that! But alas I must. What if someone I knew saw me with them!!!!!

Thanks for the offer though chaps - maybe next year as long as you promise not to bring Easty (he gets a little psycho when the bummers are struggling)

Macpie said:
He's stuck with 'em for years but even Mike's given em away now (after predicting them for the 8)

I liked this quote

"Essendon is in an advanced stage of decline. After four rounds it is the worst team in the competition"

They may well beat us on Monday but if they can''t (with Buckley, Rocca, Fraser, Didak and Richards missing) the pressure will become unbearable for Sheedy and co

No denying the fact we are playing the worst football in the comp right now, but we are a step ahead of you in the new batch of players coming through. So I am not too fussed as whoever wins will not make the finals anyway and will be a step behind the other draft pick wise. It's a win-win situation for us. Win then that's good because it is always good to beat Collingwood, and lose then oh well, we are closer to better draft picks and Collingwood won't make the finals anyway! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eastaugh36 said:
but we are a step ahead of you in the new batch of players coming through. :D

very debatable and impossible to determine. glib statement really. Nothing to indicate that Laycock and co and any better than the Clokes, etc

ohhhh but they have keppler bradley the most promising young player in the comp!!! who will definately be all australian CHB and is much better than croad leppitsch cornes etc... there bound to finish in the 8 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fevola25_ said:
ohhhh but they have keppler bradley the most promising young player in the comp!!! who will definately be all australian CHB and is much better than croad leppitsch cornes etc... there bound to finish in the 8 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not quite up to Cornes and Lepptisch standard but being ahead of Croad is no toughie! He looks the goods though! Where are the morons bagging his selection in the draft?

eastaugh36 said:
Not quite up to Cornes and Lepptisch standard but being ahead of Croad is no toughie! He looks the goods though! Where are the morons bagging his selection in the draft?

Croad is a VERY good player. Bradley may be one day

LOL, I am finding it funny how people add cr@p or untested players to their injury lists lke it matters. Like Richards for Collingwood. Or this list

Dyson, Winderlich, Reynolds, Watson,

These blokes can WINDERLICH my balls!

scottydeewah said:
LOL, I am finding it funny how people add cr@p or untested players to their injury lists lke it matters. Like Richards for Collingwood. Or this list

Dyson, Winderlich, Reynolds, Watson,

These blokes can WINDERLICH my balls!

Granted Richards has a long way to go but he is the nearest thing either team has to a ruckman.

the young bummers are crap - given the wraps on him when he started Watson would be one of the biggest fizzers in recent years. The father-son rule doesn't just bite Collingwood!

Re: Who to tip ?

I've more concerns about this game as a netural, who the heck am I gonna tip ? The Pies have a fair share of players missing but playing committed team footy vs a team that simply can't run games out is going to be a tough one to answer. Is all the bad media about Essendon going to help them ? they'll be under pressure, feeling the wrath if things go wrong, the young players will have to stand up also vs a team that has notable experience players from other clubs that painstakedly LOSt thier game last week.

Will the weather play a part ? Is playing @ the G going to advantage the Pies a little more ? Can the Pies kick straight ? :p Are the Bombers really soft like thier ass. coach Robert Shaw implies ?

:confused:

Macpie said:
I find it deeply offensive that you would attempt to equate the loss of Buckley, Rocca, Fraser and Didak with the like of Hille (ffs), Rama, Fatguts & Watson (pmsl)
Hille tore Fraser a new one last we played you guys! Kicked 4 goals in the process!

TRIGGAMAN,

A bit off topic, but do you think Jeff Farmer has lost the plot?

He appears to be more interested in mouthing off or playing the man and throwing around what little weight he has.

Only my opinion but someone needs to tell him to pull his head in and start playing for the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheahan analysis - Worst team in the comp/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back