Sheedy says Mark Johnson isn't up for trade

Remove this Banner Ad

BulldogMike

Norm Smith Medallist
May 31, 2004
Bulldog Territory
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs,Bolton
More or less said it would be his job if he traded M.Johnson in jest.
I think Sheedy is either saying this to try and make Port Adelaide think M.Johnson is more valuable than he is otherwise he is being very serious and wants to retain M.Johnson.
You never know with the bluff of Sheedy.
Bombers fans able to make more of this?

Knowing Sheedy i'm guessing it means that he has some stupid club desparately offering their first round draft pick for Johnson and he's trying to squeeze something extra from them!!

can't see port going for that

if they do we all know who the big winners are on that trade

Bombers effectively gain 2 first round draft choices ** for Mark Johnson

**I think Dunn was 1st round last year

Caj said:

hardly, he won ess. b&f in 2002, carr hasn't won a b&f at port

this trade does make sense, as port love ess players!
the hurdle maybe whether johnson wants to move to adel.

Caj said:

I doubt it happening. Its virtually saying Mark Johnson = Josh Carr. Essendon offered Mark Johnson and their first pick to Geelong for Kane Tenace. I hardly think that Kane Tenace is worth a whole first round pick more than Josh Carr!!! LMAO Trade wont happen.

Robin Hood said:
I doubt it happening. Its virtually saying Mark Johnson = Josh Carr. Essendon offered Mark Johnson and their first pick to Geelong for Kane Tenace. I hardly think that Kane Tenace is worth a whole first round pick more than Josh Carr!!! LMAO Trade wont happen.

geelong might not rate him, but williams might, and he does love those bombers! add to that sheeds would be involved in this trade ;)

What is M.Johnson worth in terms of picks? I would have said a mid to late 2nd round pick, a first round pick is ludicrous, virtually two first round picks is not even in the realms of reality.

Either someone writing this article is a very biased Essendon supporter AND made a big stuff up accidentally giving the extra pick to Essendon rather than Port or.... or.... I can't think of anything to describe someone with football knowledge that could seriously think this deal could possibly be proposed.

Sheedy is a smart guy, but even he would not use that as a starting position, someone deserves to lose there job for that article.

This is like the "our coach has the board's full support". Just watch MJ be on his way in the next 48 hours. This deal with Port/Freo could happen, but then again, I can't see Port being too happy getting MJ.

I think port might jump at this, they are running out of time.

Would essendon then use the draft pick, to secure tenace or wodjinski?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome! I love you Sheeds! You hang onto MJ.

If Johnson goes to Port, four rounds into the season, all you Port supporters will love the guy. Porthos - you'll be raving. "If Mark Johnson played for a victorian club he will be a superstar". "You bummer fans only bag Mark Johnson cause he dont play for the dons no more". "Mark Johson will you marry me". All these words will most likely fly out of the mouth of Power supporters, as Johson puts his heart on his sleeve and bleeds for your club. Sheedy recognises the value of this bloke. Won our best and fairest in 2002. Came fifth in 2003. Very much a required player, and I hope the club doesn't trade him.

Essendon always seem to stick their noses in on these 3 way deals and come up trumphs. It will probably happen again... especially if that goes through. Johnson isn't worth half has much as Carr or Dunn and Pick 11.

Kenny_01 said:
Essendon always seem to stick their noses in on these 3 way deals and come up trumphs. It will probably happen again... especially if that goes through. Johnson isn't worth half has much as Carr or Dunn and Pick 11.

shhh!

We know that but the clubs trading with us don't. ;)

marcuz said:
shhh!

We know that but the clubs trading with us don't. ;)

That is why Sheedy is the master and clubs should involve themselves with him at their peril. It should be a standard rule for most clubs: Never trade with Sheeds!! I hope my club has this pinned to the wall on a big neon sign just in case they lose their mind and consider it.

Zombie said:
What is M.Johnson worth in terms of picks? I would have said a mid to late 2nd round pick, a first round pick is ludicrous, virtually two first round picks is not even in the realms of reality.

Um he is a best and fairest winner, premiership player and vice captain of the club. he is also recognised as one of the toughest players around. I will FREAK if MJ is traded but it he IS, anything less than a first round pick would be a scandal. With our midfield and half back line being depleted by injury and retirement, we will need MJ more than ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheedy says Mark Johnson isn't up for trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back