Sherman a Dog!

Remove this Banner Ad

How do I know he's unfit? I'm a belconnen footy club member in the actafl and he struggles to run out games at that level.....off-field props?? Read the book....and my bestie works for afl.com.....massive red flags on vez. Listen, I love his potential, and really really hope I'm wrong....but I genuinely think skinny can be a top 50 player in this league. I'm not whinging, just being honest in my opinion of the trade.

I'm not going to rely on a book to determine my opinion of a player, I'll wait until he takes to field next year.

Perhaps his problem has been lack of motivation, homesickness, lack of opportunities...I don't know. Maybe he'll thrive being back in Victoria among his family and friends and in a new footy club environment.

He was a number 11 pick only three years ago - he obviously has talent.

As for Everitt, unlike a lot of BF posters, I actually trust our footy department to make the right decision. They haven't stuffed up too many in the last few years.

Back to Sherman. I'm thrilled we've got him.

I now face the problem of having my most hated AFL player play for my own club.:(
Hehe, actually I thought A*** was a jerk (but a great player) in 2006 and then he said he wanted to play for us :eek:

Once we signed him up, I was fine with it. All was good up until the events of this year, so you'll get over it :p

If he wears the red white and blue all is forgiven surely:D

Hehe, actually I thought A*** was a jerk (but a great player) in 2006 and then he said he wanted to play for us :eek:

Once we signed him up, I was fine with it. All was good up until the events of this year, so you'll get over it :p

I hope so.
Unfortunately only part of the reason I dislike him is non football related. I really don't like the way he goes about his footy. Chronically inconsistent and fades in and out of games. Not to mention he butchers the footy.

I'll have to suck it up and hope he proves me wrong.

Geez people bag sherman for butchering the footy but yet love griffen who hasn't kicked a goal on the run for ages and is just as bad a kick. Sherman is a very good player. My fav player from brisbane as his got pack to burn an takes teams on. Will be a very very handy recruit. Welcome aboard SHERMINATOR!

Griff kicked quite a few on the run this year. He did miss a poor one v Collingwood in the QF, but that was a set shot. From memory, Griff ended up booting one from 55m later in the match.

I do agree that Griff needs to improve his field kicking though, much like the rest of our side. Cooney and Higgins included.

I know he kicked a couple but a few yrs ago you would back him every time now his not a very good chance. But like i said. He butchers it and people love him. I love him to as his a good player but Shermans's field kicking isn't as bad as people make it out to be. If both he and griffen can get their goal kicking rader on then he will add alot.

Geez people bag sherman for butchering the footy but yet love griffen who hasn't kicked a goal on the run for ages and is just as bad a kick. Sherman is a very good player. My fav player from brisbane as his got pack to burn an takes teams on. Will be a very very handy recruit. Welcome aboard SHERMINATOR!

Griffen has far more attributes that he excels in. He does need to work on his kicking however you are inaccurate in suggesting he hasn't kicked one on the run for a while.

Really comparing Griffen to Sherman is like comparing Richard Tambling to Garry Ablett.

I now face the problem of having my most hated AFL player play for my own club.:(

I felt the same way about Scott Welsh, and then really liked him at our club. I didn't like Sherman when we played Bris as he always seemed to do too well in those games. :mad: He was the one with the baby hair. But I'm prepared to forgive and forget. ;)

but I genuinely think skinny can be a top 50 player in this league. I'm not whinging, just being honest in my opinion of the trade.

We'll watch with interest, naturally, but hell may well freeze over first....

I hope so.
Unfortunately only part of the reason I dislike him is non football related. I really don't like the way he goes about his footy. Chronically inconsistent and fades in and out of games. Not to mention he butchers the footy.

I'll have to suck it up and hope he proves me wrong.

Well, Rocket and the other coaches will just have to coach him out of these habits, won't they.

Welcome, Justin!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bringing in wallis libba and sherman alone is a good period for the club, djekurra is average but you never know, vesz just needs to work hard and he will be in your best 22

i think with a fit list next season, you guys will challenge better than this year.

i think with a fit list next season, you guys will challenge better than this year.
Good post. Our second half of the season was an improvement on the first, even after injuries and flu hit us.

If we get solid preseasons into Ward & Higgins and a better run with injury, who knows?

Very happy about Sherman, I've been hearing over the last few days that we needed the Hill pick from Hawks to get it done and I was a bit nervous about it. Good to hear that Brisbane has bucked.

Why are some people so desperate to offload Minson? He's still young for a ruckman and has improvement in him. Hudson is obviously our #1 and we have Roughead as an up and comer, but Minson still has a lot to contribute. Even as a back up and to give Rough's young body some time off. He wouldn't be worth a whole lot on the market, conversely he'll be great for squad depth at worst.

Sherman_Rd1210_246a.jpg

I'm a sophisticated sex robot sent back in time to change the future for one lucky lady.

Come with me if you want to live.

Why are some people so desperate to offload Minson? He's still young for a ruckman and has improvement in him. Hudson is obviously our #1 and we have Roughead as an up and comer, but Minson still has a lot to contribute. Even as a back up and to give Rough's young body some time off. He wouldn't be worth a whole lot on the market, conversely he'll be great for squad depth at worst.

The new interchange rule will adversely impact upon Will.

2nd ruckmen can no longer only be a 2nd ruckman, they need the ability to play forward or back, neith with which Will does all that well.

All good & well for depth & cover, but the cost to the club for that luxury is huge. Will is on a decent contract & its just too much to pay for someone who may spend most of his time at Williamstown.

Not being able to trade Will has precluded us from actively trading in Andrew Walker. Salary Cap constraints.

The new interchange rule will adversely impact upon Will.

2nd ruckmen can no longer only be a 2nd ruckman, they need the ability to play forward or back, neith with which Will does all that well.

All good & well for depth & cover, but the cost to the club for that luxury is huge. Will is on a decent contract & its just too much to pay for someone who may spend most of his time at Williamstown.

Not being able to trade Will has precluded us from actively trading in Andrew Walker. Salary Cap constraints.

I don't know if we really shopped him though did we? If we did I would have thought the Hawks would have had a nibble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sherman a Dog!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back