Sherman leaves Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol what rubbish, losing 2 goal a game player and a first round pick is not a compromise it's blatant stupidity.

Again with the hysterics.;)

The quality of the deal for each club depends on a bunch of factors, including how much Hill / Sherman want out of their respective clubs, how much Hawks / Dogs want the players, contract situation, what sort of picks clubs / players want or are willing to part with.

Brisbane look like they may not need or use any picks after the 30s or so, perhaps they would be happy with an upgrade rather than another pick which means it would be the same deal as above thats gotten your panties in a bunch but Dogs receive an extra pick in late 20's or 30's. So does that extra puny pick in the late 20's take this deal from 'blatant stupidity', 'madness' (thanks for laying of the graphic sodomy references that are so common on the main boards though, appreciate it) to almost reasonable or should we chuck in pick 5 and be done with it.

But then again, i'm ****en clueless.:thumbsu:

StevoHeraldSun Done deal: Sherman a Bulldog ... Paperwork will be done tomorrow. Bris get Harbrow comp pick

On the HUN website guys.

StevoHeraldSun Done deal: Sherman a Bulldog ... Paperwork will be done tomorrow. Bris get Harbrow comp pick

On the HUN website guys.
Sorry, can you provide a link? Tried the heraldsun, not on there.

Thanks I found it. Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stright to the Reserve Bank with this one. Let it mature a little bit and earn some interest.

Or

Re-invested with the GC for some quick returns, such as bundled with another pick for a draft pick in the early teens.

Seems like the Lions have got very similar, if not better picks to the Eagles who finished last and get a priority pick.... Good draft year for the Lions, hopefully the young guys can fill the void left by the players leaving.

Stright to the Reserve Bank with this one. Let it mature a little bit and earn some interest.

Or

Re-invested with the GC for some quick returns, such as bundled with another pick for a draft pick in the early teens.

Either way, I am happy. May well be worth a phone call to Surfers as they are keen on banking a few for down the track.

Obviously the weight of his salary and the potential of carrying a disgruntled player was too much for us to gamble with to the end.

That said, I wonder why we didn't hold out till closer to the deadline just in case. I wonder if we have any further trade week ambitions in mind... pick swaps perhaps, or a further pre-listed player?

I personally said all along that the Harbrow pick was fair compensation for Shermo, but it was good to see Kerr try and see if we could make hay out of the Sydney deal. Worth a shot.

I assume the Dogs will be taking on his full salary?

I would hope they are paying his full salary.

I think the princess will go alright at the dogs, he'll be able to play forward of

the ball and go about his merry way shirking as many contests as he wants.

Then if the going gets tough at the Dogs down the track he can head on off

to greener pastures once more. What a douche.

One thing I agree with Aker about is that Rocket is a coach who, once he hops off a player, does so big time.

I don't think Sherman will be indulged at the Doggies which IMO to some extent he was, certainly in the last season, at the Lions. If he gets pigeonholed as a player who neglects certain key aspects of his role, that will be that for the Shermo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sherman leaves Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back