Shiel signs with GWS, so who is the new doozy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Boom tish.

2013 called and asked for its joke back......

Travis Colyer though in all seriousness would almost be leading their best and fairest. He has a go. Yet that probably shows how shit they actually are.

Cool In future can you forward 2013's jokes on to your wife so i can get the call. :p

Why? We flog them. We're too tough for those big-headed frontrunners.

They like to run the ball at teams, we are not good when sides do that..... however if we can put the pressure on them like the Pies today, we'll be ok.

Like many Richmond supporters, I worry more about the games we feel like we should win than the ones we aren't expected to...

They like to run the ball at teams, we are not good when sides do that..... however if we can put the pressure on them like the Pies today, we'll be ok.

Like many Richmond supporters, I worry more about the games we feel like we should win than the ones we aren't expected to...
We'll beat them up.

I don't understand. 'Our' Mark Coughlan. We had Cogs, he is 'ours'.... wtf this mean? Or are you saying Hanners would come across and be cruelled by injuries, cutting short a potentially wonderful career? I don't know why you wish this on players.... you are being very harsh ;)
Meaning he'd be the the kind of player Mark Coughlan was for our midfield 12 years ago, the jack of all trades hard at it two way gun.

Would love to see either WHE, Treloar or Hanneberry in the black and yellow next season... Anyone know their contract statuses? i.e. F.A. or trades to get it done?

Not sure what it would take, but I think we'd have to pay way over for Sloane or Danger.

Think Motlop would fit in nicely and make Sheds even more dangerous.

Bennell I could even live with. Surely some GC talents could find their way down to Punt RD...

C'mon Benny show someone the money!! For someone good that is!!

I believe it to be yellow and black... black and yellow sounds weird in the song (try it) :)

I reckon we chase after a couple GWS 1st rounders that can't really get into a game. Anthony Miles has been great for us. And if we can get someone like Dangerfield or even try land Fyfe back home that'd be ideal.

I always laugh when I read comments like this. I remember people saying the same thing to justify the recruitment of Ben Cousins, that a physical specimen like him could easily play until his mid-thirties. In the history of the game, with the many thousands upon thousands that have played it, how many have done a Hungry/Tuck/Fletcher? He'll be 29 next year and like 99 percent of players his age probably only has two or three years left in him. Not writing this as an argument to trade him out per se, just saying that any list manager who kept a player like Deledio on the grounds that at the age of 29 that he might go on to do a Tuck or a Bartlett would be fired.
Depends on the position that the player played for most of their career. Ben Cousins had a series of bad hamstring problems after carrying a massive running load over his entire career, similar to the way Judd became human in the last 2-3 years of his career when he slowed down after a lot of running and inside midfield roles. Players like Bartlett, Boomer Harvey & Fletcher are more outside/uncontested players and as such have had longer careers. If Lids can maintain his speed with the achilles issues then there's no reason he can't keep playing past 32. He's played much more of an outside role in his career compared to what players like Judd & Cousins did (I know you didn't mention Judd, but he also dropped off at that age)

I reckon we chase after a couple GWS 1st rounders that can't really get into a game. Anthony Miles has been great for us. And if we can get someone like Dangerfield or even try land Fyfe back home that'd be ideal.

How many first round picks do you think we have to trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on the position that the player played for most of their career. Ben Cousins had a series of bad hamstring problems after carrying a massive running load over his entire career, similar to the way Judd became human in the last 2-3 years of his career when he slowed down after a lot of running and inside midfield roles. Players like Bartlett, Boomer Harvey & Fletcher are more outside/uncontested players and as such have had longer careers. If Lids can maintain his speed with the achilles issues then there's no reason he can't keep playing past 32. He's played much more of an outside role in his career compared to what players like Judd & Cousins did (I know you didn't mention Judd, but he also dropped off at that age)

Of course he is a chance to play beyond 32, lots of players are chances to play beyond but how many actually do? (and that's not even referencing his achilles problems, just as a general proposition). Still that wasn't exactly the suggestion I was responding to. It was the idea that he could be another Tuck, Bartlett or Fletcher, which frankly is a tremendous long shot in any ones language. Certainly it's not a proposition that any rational list manager would factor in deciding as to whether to keep him or not. The fact is you'd pencil in two or three years and then consider anything from there a definite bonus.

Of course he is a chance to play beyond 32, lots of players are chances to play beyond but how many actually do? (and that's not even referencing his achilles problems, just as a general proposition). Still that wasn't exactly the suggestion I was responding to. It was the idea that he could be another Tuck, Bartlett or Fletcher, which frankly is a tremendous long shot in any ones language. Certainly it's not a proposition that any rational list manager would factor in deciding as to whether to keep him or not. The fact is you'd pencil in two or three years and then consider anything from there a definite bonus.
Still no reason to trade him as you are suggesting

I actually said that the comparatively little time he has left isn't a reason per se to trade him. That said if they actively considered it obviously the fact that most likely he might only have two or three years would certainly be a consideration. Personally I'm happy to see him finish his career as a one club player. However if someone threw in the kitchen sink to get him and we made out like bandits in a trade, I wouldn't lose any sleep over that either.

Agree, we are not desperate & he gives us a lot. Especially when everyone plays their part....

My 2 cents worth at end of year:

Free Agency:

Get Trossman signed.

Unless we have a viable option in our ruck stocks (we don't btw) get Kreuzer as Maric is 30 during the 2016 season.

Get Scott Selwood from West Coast, provides excellent midfield depth and is an extractor which would allow players like Cotch to hurt opposition sides from the outside. Also capable of providing a hard tag on an opposition star.

Dangerfield. If Geelong are offering the $ quoted in the HUN. one of 3 things is true. Firstly, there are a lot of veterans retiring end of 2015, secondly they are planning on releasing Hawkins to free agency this year or Joel Selwood at end of 2016 or finally the story is made up BS.

Trading:

Adam Treloar. GWS have consistently shown during their formative years they want nothing but overs for their players. Therefore we leave them alone on this one. Yes I would like him in a tiger jumper but they demand overs.

Dan Hanneberry. Yes please. He is out of contract this year and if he is to stay he will have to take a biggish pay cut. For a player that has gone to another level this year that is criminal. Word is he could definitely be on the trade table come seasons end.

Steven Motlop, see posting re Dangerfield. Geelong are supposedly calling Motlop off limits, I doubt that this is a final word on the matter as there are serious doubts, imo, how Geelong can afford Dangerfield whilst keeping Hawkins, Selwood and Motlop et al happy, dollars wise.

What is Ceglar's availability from Hawthorn? I couldn't imagine he would be too expensive and is a viable option around the ground.

All for Motlop, Hanneberry and Treloar if we could land them. 1st two are more likely options..

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiel signs with GWS, so who is the new doozy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back