NO TROLLS Should AFL players bend the knee before each match in 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

This practice seems to have increased since the George Floyd incident. The last thing George would want to see is another white person dropping a knee to the ground. Bloke must be rolling in his grave.

And yes, I understand people get a nice little 'OMG I'm like sooo woke' dopamine rush with their virtue signalling. But it was cringeworthy a year ago, and now you just look like a knucklehead.

Stop.

I guess it's safe to say that you have the same feelings about the surge in crimes against Asian Americans by African Americans?
I don't know anything about it - I am sure you have researched all the shocking details.

We're heading the same way the US is, which is politicising every single event or function regardless of how relevant it is in Australia. I don't like kneeling during the anthem at all personally, but i believe they should have the right. The same way i should have the right to ridicule and boo them when they do it

When you shift the pendulum, so far left, even the old classic liberals become right of centre.

Even Labor right in aus has more in common with Liberal Left than the crazies within their party. Why do you think the libs in Aus, republicans in the states and the conservatives in Britain got so much of the blue collar vote?

Because they are fools who live and breath Murdoch media. Have family members that do.

That and we have an underlying racist problem. Those damn asians getting our jobs, ethnic gangs, etc etc.
The liberals played the vote and played it well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar problems in Australia as Aboriginal people are imprisoned and killed in custody per capita far more than white people. It is just a more hidden problem because there are fewer Aboriginal people in Australia as a percentage than black people in America.
It's gotten much better in recent years, but Aboriginals die a lot more from failure to follow procedure and failure to render medical assistance where required.

I don't necessarily have an issue with people choosing to take a knee, I just get confused about what they're taking a knee for. A whole bunch of different causes and social justice issues seem to be getting conflated and mixed together (police treatment of African Americans and / or George Floyd, indigenous issues in Australia, women's empowerment, etc.).

It's gotten much better in recent years, but Aboriginals die a lot more from failure to follow procedure and failure to render medical assistance where required.

What about indigenous children and women? Why are they far more likely to be either physically or sexually abused in their own communities? What is the far left doing to protect the people who really need protection. That answer is absolutely nothing, because it doesn't suit their narrative.

It seems that not all black lives matter to the BLM movement

Because they are fools who live and breath Murdoch media. Have family members that do.

That and we have an underlying racist problem. Those damn asians getting our jobs, ethnic gangs, etc etc.
The liberals played the vote and played it well.
Absolute nonsense, it is completely normal for a nation to be concerned about mass immigration when it comes to job availability and crime, that does not necessarily mean the population has an underlying "racist" problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Should AFL players bend the knee before each match in 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back