AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Webber & Schumacher
6 Games to go..
Just 'tank' it now..
pick up the best picks?

It seems to be a mental block,
they do have the ability to win,but they just don't have the belief and that's why they just make silly decisions all the time..Frustrates me!
They prob wouldnt have to try 'tanking' it,
I dont think they would win anyway :(

I would love for Essendon to win another game though,
I miss that feeling of jumping on the seat and singing the team song when the siren goes...!!
Come on Dons...!!

Sam the RAMA fan said:
6 Games to go..
Just 'tank' it now..
pick up the best picks?

they do have the ability to win,but they just don't have the belief and that's why they just make silly decisions all the time..Frustrates me!

I miss that feeling of jumping on the seat and singing the team song when the siren goes...!!
Come on Dons...!!
Thats disgusting. Were on of the proudest teams i the AFL. Our boys who play this grand old game are always fighting... we'll do our best, and who cares if we don't do well? Its been a great season for our young boys, most have them have learnt heaps and comethrough, and hey, there's always next year.

Tanking it is ridiculous, but we wont need to now, we've got a difficult run home so I cant see us climbing from the bottom now. Only possibility is beating Bulldogs inthe final game of the season in my opinion.
Plenty of positives from this one though, still have to iron out this fading in the final quarter business though.
Any other team wouldve run over the top of us this afternoon.

Sam the RAMA fan said:
6 Games to go..
Just 'tank' it now..
pick up the best picks?

What do u mean start tanking? You guys tried your best to lose it today. I reckon the coaches got together at 3/4 time and said,
"Make it look good, but neither of us wants to win... Lets play out a good draw. That way, nobody has to win!"

Devilcat said:
What do u mean start tanking? You guys tried your best to lose it today. I reckon the coaches got together at 3/4 time and said,
"Make it look good, but neither of us wants to win... Lets play out a good draw. That way, nobody has to win!"

What an insightful reply and pure genius shown from sleepy hollow.

Please don't let the door hit your ass on the way out

on second thoughts, meh

Sam the RAMA fan said:
6 Games to go..
Just 'tank' it now..
pick up the best picks?

Come on Dons...!!
Two simple words:

Get ****ed.

Ms Pikey said:
Thats disgusting. Were on of the proudest teams i the AFL. Our boys who play this grand old game are always fighting... we'll do our best, and who cares if we don't do well? Its been a great season for our young boys, most have them have learnt heaps and comethrough, and hey, there's always next year.
Stanton, Watson and???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devilcat said:

In regards to getting a priority pick, a draw is the same result as a win.

blangerang said:
Stanton, Watson and???
Monkey Fries Monfreis, Johns as well kind of, Lonergan and Jolley who debuted last week, Andrew Lee. All the guys who are in their first and second seasons and that. we've been able to give them game time without really anything to lose.

As much as I passionately hate Essendon ;) let's face it, they are an immensely proud club with a long and proud history. From a club that has faced the same thing, it would just not be fitting for a club like Essendon (or Carlton, obviously) to even bother with such an idea. James Hird (if he retires this year) doesn't deserve it either

Darealrath said:
We should try. Maybe we'll **** it up too and start winning.
Ha. Was about to post the same thing.

We wouldn't be able to tank our games. Tanking implies that we'll try to do it. The only way we could tank sucessfully is by forfeiting games, which we do enough off imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should Essendon just 'tank' it now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back