Should footy fans be concerned about Dustin Martin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dusty is a gun. Not sure what substantiated incidents he's had of late but as long as Richmond know how to keep him on a long leash he'll be right.

Substantiated? You'll have to explain to a lot of people in this thread what that means.

Ahh, and I suppose this is another one of those troll threads? Despite your former captain admitting their are concerns with Dusty's off-field attitude.

It seems any legitmate thread about Richmond is a troll. It's because the rest of the competition is scared of the sleeping giant.

Tell me exactly where this occured (minute and seconds please) and in the split second mention, out of ten with ten the worst, rate it.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-01-14/newman-press-conference

i would give it 1.5/10

Its clear as day, all the innuendo and not one person yet has given concrete evidence regarding alleged off field issues.

This thread is so laughable it's not even bay worthy.

Yeah, as said by that famous supporter of the bombers, Joseph Goebbels - "If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. "

Tell me exactly where this occured (minute and seconds please) and in the split second mention, out of ten with ten the worst, rate it.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-01-14/newman-press-conference

i would give it 1.5/10
Newman did a great job of deflecting away, and avoided answering the question. You could tell he got a little nervous and edgy when Dusty was brought up too. He certainly didn't deny that Hardwick had stern words with him. But in relation to the question:

"...[with Dustin] it's an on-going thing; he's still trying to develop himself not only as a footballer but as a person" - that indicates there are some question marks on him, whether it's his attitude (towards training, the team standards, etc) or off-field behaviour.

"Off-field, we've got a standard here that we've set that everyone has to adhere to..." - now why would he bring this up in a question that's related to Dusty? Maybe he hasn't been adhering to the standards set by his football club, and that's why Hardwick has apparently had to have a stern word with him?

Newman did a great job of deflecting away, and avoided answering the question. You could tell he got a little nervous and edgy when Dusty was brought up too. He certainly didn't deny that Hardwick had stern words with him. But in relation to the question:

"...[with Dustin] it's an on-going thing; he's still trying to develop himself not only as a footballer but as a person" - that indicates there are some question marks on him, whether it's his attitude (towards training, the team standards, etc) or off-field behaviour.

"Off-field, we've got a standard here that we've set that everyone has to adhere to..." - now why would he bring this up in a question that's related to Dusty? Maybe he hasn't been adhering to the standards set by his football club, and that's why Hardwick has apparently had to have a stern word with him?
You like everyone are clutching at straws. The work experience reporter was asking about an aledged rumour from the start of November. No wonder Newman looke like he did as he was probably thinking, Oh no, here we go again.And it was common Hardwick had a word with him.
And do you think all young players wouldn't come under the same scrutiny?

Life must be dull in Tulla.

A few Tiger fans a certainly riled up in here, blame your ex-captain, not the reporter who just passed on his words.

Cotchin has his work set out for him in his first year trying to keep the house in order.

We know exactly what Richmond mean to the AFL.

Yes I do - Richmond are always good to spout good press about in the pre-season about how exciting they play and all their young players.

Then it comes to the season and they provide the lulz for everyone as they fail to deliver yet again, despite being a "big club".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I do - Richmond are always good to spout good press about in the pre-season about how exciting they play and all their young players.

Then it comes to the season and they provide the lulz for everyone as they fail to deliver yet again, despite being a "big club".

Get used to it champ' your lot will be the butt of many jokes from here on in. Quietly confident the tigers are on the way up, unfortunately for you blokes the future is looking very bleak.

Bit of both Lance, IMO. Will certainly play majority as a mid I think, but will also get time up forward as he is a goal kicker and he can also use his strength to advantage.
was it the start of last year against Melbourne he was bombing torpedo's from the centre square?

Jeezuz buddy get a grip will ya. If you can't be bothered reading through the OP, or you're too sensitive to criticism of Dusty forget about it.

Nice deflection dude from your last post.i'm still waiting for you to explain your claim of martin's so called 3 indiscretions you mentioned.

Nice deflection dude from your last post.i'm still waiting for you to explain your claim of martin's so called 3 indiscretions you mentioned.
Pay attention. Read the OP. There's been at least 2 articles since the GF - I can't be arsed looking them up, so don't bother asking again. Your club is concerned about him, I don't give a shit whether you want to seriously engage with the concept or not. Keep pretending he's fine.

Pay attention. Read the OP. There's been at least 2 articles since the GF - I can't be arsed looking them up, so don't bother asking again. Your club is concerned about him, I don't give a shit whether you want to seriously engage with the concept or not. Keep pretending he's fine.
There has been 2articles, interestingly both about the same incident. Where's this so called third indiscretion.

There has been 2articles, interestingly both about the same incident. Where's this so called third indiscretion.
I remember just after the GF your CEO or prez coming out and stating that he was concerned about Martin, especially during the off season, because he had observed that he hadn't really adjusted to football life and finding things to do in the down time. Reading between the lines was pretty easy: he was worried about Martin getting up to no good with too much time on his hands. THen another article followed whereby the coach stated the same or similar thing. I'm not just talking about incidents (like the one with O'conner?), I'm talking about what seems to be a general concern at the football club, which is what the OP was discussing.

Martin strikes as a very talented footballer, but also a kid that's grown up around some fairly rough kids and situations. I also grew up amongst kids of a similar ilk and have seen first hand how these things can turn out. I genuinely hope for him he doesn't, but the risk seems to be there. I think that senior players and officials being vocal about his situation is great, but it shows they're also concerned.

Bit of both Lance, IMO. Will certainly play majority as a mid I think, but will also get time up forward as he is a goal kicker and he can also use his strength to advantage.
If he can last in the mids, then that makes most sense.

That said, we identified mid depth as our biggest issue in the trade/ drafts. With Knights rotating through there, Ellis set to do likewise (less often), Conca to become less of a HBFer, he - like Cotchin - will spend ample time in the goalsquare. Sooner there than the bench I suppose.

It's midfield where it's at though. I'd much rather him hoofing it inside 50 than being the target, even if he does forward stuff well.

this is hilarious. even i never realised how precious some people are.
did you ever consider that martins heritage has something to do with his tattoos . of course not you clearly dont have the intelligence to think that far.i wonder where idiots fall on the iq scale because you sir are clearly one.
i can just see you with your kids. johnny get away from those people they have tattoos and must be no good. ah a true melbourne supporter showing his true colours.did you enjoy the snow this yr.
Lol. People who get neck tatts are idiots. Fact.

I don't even need that to prove Martin is an idiot though, I can just point out that he dropped out of high school in year 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back