Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Should Richmond look for a big bucks, top tier replacement for Luke "The Punt Rd Slasher" Meehan?

• Yes. Club needs to be ruthless and "Pay the Price!".

• No. We should back in Meehan and gamble our aging stars bodies, potentially sacrificing 2024.

• No. replace with another el cheapo McGee with their online $29 P.T cert IV and cross our fingers.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be my imagination but it seems more noticeable this year that quite a few of our players have what I would describe as rugby thighs, more so than what I remember in previous seasons. Not sure of the training regime and whether this is a knee jerk reaction to ongoing hamstring injuries but this focus I believe has had a flow on effect of slowing us down. Our mids are noticeably slower than the majority of opposition midfielders.

I remember when Karmichael Hunt did the big code switch and the main focus was to reconfigure his body shape more in line with the physical requirements of AFL in comparison to rugby league.

Think we need a full enquiry into the fitness department as it's clear that this season wasn't all just a case of bad luck with injuries, reinjury of the same players sounds like potential mismanagement which needs addressing prior to next season.
Lefeau is a case in point - recruitment of Draftees - have they been on a set programme - Gibicus prior to being recruited !

Remember Burge's injury reports, he'd go into detail on injuries and the management process for each player. Meehan basically goes "yeah nah he's got a crook leg mate but she'll be right" has to be one of the biggest frauds in the industry I reckon. We need to aim much much higher.

In 2 years of non stop injuries to Colina he barely acknowledged him. Same goes for Fawcett this year. WTF is TBC???? Season was in its final month before we got a measly sentence written about either. How hard is it to write: lower disc bulge. In physio, unable to train. Update..... currently on the bike and swimming pool only.....

We might have some good news coming our way here

Players are pissed about the way their recoveries have been handled, 4 players pushed the issue over the bye and were told changes would be happening but not until pre season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Players are pissed about the way their recoveries have been handled, 4 players pushed the issue over the bye and were told changes would be happening but not until pre season

Good news!

they shouldve done it in season like other clubs

Yze in his presser:

"There's some management around our soft tissue that we weren't good enough as a club, let alone our fitness staff... We've got to have best practice in coaching, fitness, and training."
When Peggy , Balme and Gale were in full flight they’d have said it not left it up to the coach .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember Burge's injury reports, he'd go into detail on injuries and the management process for each player. Meehan basically goes "yeah nah he's got a crook leg mate but she'll be right let’s send him in for shoulder surgery “ has to be one of the biggest frauds in the industry I reckon. We need to aim much much higher.

eFA

When Peggy , Balme and Gale were in full flight they’d have said it not left it up to the coach .
Gale checked out this year.

He should've noticed that we had an issue with the fitness and injury management team last year

I was talking to someone in the know on Saturday & he reckons the club is open to shopping Big Tom around! I hope he's wrong but it appears we're at ground zero. Its nearly a scorched earth policy they better get it right!
we are going to destroy our club

Can't believe we had members on this forum backing in this guy in saying "its hardly his fault" - in the early rounds of the season. Writing was on the wall 18 months ago -- someone we stuck with this moron.

Re lynch - either way the issues of him leaving are down to fitness and health - the butcher has played a part in this the last 2 years - it's f*** substandard that a big big club in the biggest sport in the country -- a country who is a world leader (top 5-6 countries in S&C, rehab and general health/medical) by the way - should have 1. an injury list that big & 2. have 0 idea how to manage their players accordingly.

He absolutely must go - the medical department around him must be filthy

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Back