List Mgmt. Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re not going to finish the season with 3 wins.

My god people in here are reactionary.

We’ll still get another 2-3 wins and we won’t ask/or get priority picks.
I said IF mate.

I've already posted I think we might jag another couple of wins.
But IF we don't, I can't see why we wouldn't ask.

Good old trusty Simmo plan A, rely on a few good players to win everything for him. Rest of the squad can gagf. Good old trusty Simmo.
well if you took the best three out of your 22 and arguably they are our best three....any team would struggle

issue is we don't have squad or depth to cover the outs ..thats the problem

Regardless.

If we're bottom two with three or wins, we should be asking for assistance.
Agreed it would be remiss of the club if they didn't ask .....precedent has been set by the AFL

I would have no issue asking for assistance but I don't think we are going to be in that situation

I can see us jagging another couple of wins

well if you took the best three out of your 22 and arguably they are our best three....any team would struggle

issue is we don't have squad or depth to cover the outs ..thats the problem
We've been saying this for years! Have you ever had a think about maybe who's at fault for that??

You also have to bear in mind Simmo only talks with the leadership group, none of the other players...this is witnessed fact from multiple sources.

North after 9.5 wins in three years got a second and third round draft pick attached to their finishing position that they had to trade.

After their fourth year in the bottom four they got 3 end of first round draft picks over 2 years and extra rookie list spots.

After Gold Coast had their 5th year in the bottom 4 they got pick 2 (after their pick 1) in 2019, then a mid first rounder (11) in 2020 and an end of first rounder in 2021.

We're likely to be in a same space as North step 1 come the end of the year. Draft assistance is a joke concept and the whole system needs an overhaul, but when dealing with the Devil you sometimes have to steal a soul or two yourself.

QLD and NSW were given concessions with COLA for years and currently get full access to their academies which are bursting with talent.

Victoria have the advantage of bugger all travel and trading between each other. It’s a lot easier to attract talent when a player only needs to drive and extra 30 minutes to get to work. Not to mention the Grand Final in their home state for the next 30 bloody years.

South Australia have the luxury of far less air time than us but also get given an extra home game with the Gather Round for three years.

What do we get?

We get the most air travel of any state, limited capability to attract interstate talent to join us, let alone local talent and we get no additional funds for our coaching departments or medical departments despite us requiring them to travel every second week and we get screwed from spending our money because of poor clubs like North complaining they can’t afford the same.

If we can get a few extra picks or access to Malaka Champion I will take it. I will take whatever we can get and I won’t feel embarrassed or ashamed either.

God knows we’ve gotten the short end of the stock for far too long.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch them say it's a list management issue.
Which it will be. Very hard to manage a list when you finish with the spoon and your 2nd round pick gets pushed out 11 spots to help those above you getting access to top line players at a discounted rate. Thats a very big list management issue that we have no ability to rectify unless we apply for and get some assistance ourselves.

Frankly, regardless of our situation I can’t see the vAFL (and I use that term deliberately) giving a very rich, very successful, powerful nonVic club anything.

If last year we were ‘the worst team ever’ and not only got SFA assistance but also our second draft choice drifted from 19 to 30 while the vAFL sat on their hands …

Frankly, regardless of our situation I can’t see the vAFL (and I use that term deliberately) giving a very rich, very successful, powerful nonVic club anything.

If last year we were ‘the worst team ever’ and not only got SFA assistance but also our second draft choice drifted from 19 to 30 while the vAFL sat on their hands …
Regarding my post on no WCE assistance:
- just for the record since our first two premierships the Roos have also won two AFL premierships (96 & 99). Not recently, but these two AFL flags puts them equal to Adel (97, 98), Ess (93, 00), Syd (05, 12) and ahead of PtA (04), Melb (21), Carl (95) and WB (16) with Freo, GC, GWS, StK not troubling the AFL scorers. That is, equal seventh most successful AFL club.

FYI: Haw x5 (91, 08, 13, 14, 15); Geel x4 (07, 09, 11, 22); WCE x4 (92, 94, 06, 18); Coll x3 (90, 10, 23); Rich x3 (17, 19, 20); and Bris x3 (01, 02, 03).

And interestingly, if you check the website of the AFL (formed in 1990) they list 'premiership winners' going back to 1897 with no distinction between VFL and AFL. The vAFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

Back