List Mgmt. Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If we were to ask for assistance, you’d think it would resemble norths first assistance package which was a F2 & F3. I don’t think the AFL would attach the “these picks have to be traded” tag to them this time. As it devalued the picks with clubs knowing north had to offload them.
These picks would be handy to potentially trade for Buss or Baker, could be used for any academy or F/S next year which I’m hearing we could have a couple. Could even help us get back into this year’s draft given we are missing a 3rd rounder.
I think the club has always been against asking for priority picks but i think this would be foolish.

I think the club has always been against asking for priority picks but i think this would be foolish.

I think you are right.

When so many hurdles have been thrown in the path of the club over it's history and there is the natural career shortening travel problem, why martyr yourself?

When you look at the advantages of Northern Academies, within city (melb) player moves, where the GF is played, Vic Metro mummy's boys tampering with the draft, handout after handout to clubs with better multi-season records than us and so on, we need to take any little bit of assistance we can get. Just to reduce the gap to the favoured teams.

We have to accept that it will never be a level playing field so let's make the disadvantages just a little less.

Already been provided. We can remove Simmo and pay him outside the soft cap
Since when?

Sure we can pay him out and go over our soft cap limit, and then pay a fine/premium. But since when did we negotiate to sack a 1 million a yr coach and not have that included in the soft cap. This would be industry news other clubs would want in on!

On Blade A3 SE using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back