Should the WCE be penalised?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is clear here that the only people who think cousins hasnt done anything wrong are west coast supporters.

No you idiot. I cannot speak for everyone, but I at least believe Cousins has done wrong. I just don't think that you cannot penalise the club for the, until recently, private actions of one player. That is a real big can of worms you would be opening then. That is not just a viewpoint that I have for WC, it is for all actions by all players. Unless a club plays an explicit part in any untoward behaviour, there can be no sanctions against the club. Stick to your schoolwork mate.

West coast probably shouldnt be penalised because so far they really havent done anything against the rules of the comp. The fact that they didnt do anything at all when they knew, can only condemn them in the court of public opinion. They seem quite happy to be seen as expedient with Cousins health and potentially having players walk onto the park, not knowing if that player is drug affected on match day.

Of course if west Coast admit that they were knowingly playing a drug affected player in games, I think that does warrant sanction. But they wont ever admit it. After all, there is no and has never been a drug problem at West Coast ;) well, except for those 6 to 8 players.

Any penalty must be directed at Cousins

A relatively fair assessment.

Important to note that as for taking the field........Cousins was tested 4 times late last year, and negative tests have been confirmed.

As you and I discussed last week still questions to be answered about how much Worsfold knew and why he chose the options he chose, but it is now shown that Cousins was not taking the field under the influence.

And again, remember re: the 8 players, the question was had they EVER taken drugs, not did you use drugs recently. Maybe all 8 were last year, I'm not going to put my head in the sand and say it wasn't, I don't know that. But the media (and Walls in particular) seem intent on ignorning that important little facet of Worsfold's admission.

The West Coast footy club should not be punnished but Cousins should be fined by the AFL and with 1 year lay off (which he will have anyway).

I think Cousins has served his time my all the media attention he has received.

Any penalty must be directed at Cousins

I have no problem at all with Cousins being sanctioned in some way or another, but if he is so should the other 28 that actually returned a positive drug test. Why should they get away without punishment. It therefore follows that those 28 should immediately be named.

Should Collingwood have to pay either financially or by draft picks, for bringing the game into disrepute?

I would have to say yes.

The behaviour of Holland, Tarrent, Johnson, Cloke, Morrison etc has been terrible.

Does Aaron James urinating on people count?

That was about as useful as he was, he was sacked from the club, I believe we also sacked a kid that was with him that night and his brother Brett. It was a shame though Brett James didn't look like a bad footballer, Aaron was a bad footballer, cannot remember the third guy, was a rookie from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm unfamiliar with the NRL. What do you mean similar to the NRL?

Sorry I meant union. I dont follow rugby.

"On May 13, 2006, hours before the final pool match of the Super 14 competition, it was announced that Sailor was to be suspended indefinitely from representing either the NSW Waratahs or Australian Rugby Team after returning a positive drug test. Sailor's manager confirmed in a statement it was a doping offence.[8] "

Should Collingwood have to pay either financially or by draft picks, for bringing the game into disrepute?

I would have to say yes.

The behaviour of Holland, Tarrent, Johnson, Cloke, Morrison etc has been terrible.

I think it is upto the club to punish the players, fines, suspensions, etc, the only thing the AFL needs to do is approve of the punishments that are dealt the players.

Should the Eagles be punished? No.
Should Collingwood be punished? No.

Unless legal action has been taken against said player then the clubs should deal with this problem as they see fit, which would then be in accordance with the AFLPA and AFL guidelines. Other then this I should be fine.

Sorry I meant union. I dont follow rugby.

"On May 13, 2006, hours before the final pool match of the Super 14 competition, it was announced that Sailor was to be suspended indefinitely from representing either the NSW Waratahs or Australian Rugby Team after returning a positive drug test. Sailor's manager confirmed in a statement it was a doping offence.[8] "

So you are saying that all the players (24) that have tested postive should be suspended from playing AFL??

I think the case is similar because cousins would have been playing better when he was on drugs.

And how do you know that??

Has far as I know Cousins was tested 6 times last year. And the AFL said he hasn't tested positive to any of them.

I think it is upto the club to punish the players, fines, suspensions, etc, the only thing the AFL needs to do is approve of the punishments that are dealt the players.

Should the Eagles be punished? No.
Should Collingwood be punished? No.

Unless legal action has been taken against said player then the clubs should deal with this problem as they see fit, which would then be in accordance with the AFLPA and AFL guidelines. Other then this I should be fine.

Correct!

I thin kthe case is similar becasue cousins would have been playing better when he was on drugs.

Cousins has yet to test positive to any drugs during an AFL match, which is a report I have heard, and we have no idea if he was indeed on anything during any an all the games he has played since he has had his drug problem.

You are only assuming he was on drugs during these matches, for a punishment to be handed down he must have been tested and test positive to drugs before the AFL can take any action, which also means he has to have 3 strikes before being named and "shamed"

But as the WCE are taking such a soft approach on him, I think the AFL should step in and take greater action.

For instance if a child misbehaves the parents should punish the kid, if they child brakes the law the police will intervine. The AFL sould take on the role of AFL police, becasue it is the AFL that is suffering.

Cousins has yet to test positive to any drugs during an AFL match, which is a report I have heard, and we have no idea if he was indeed on anything during any an all the games he has played since he has had his drug problem.

You are only assuming he was on drugs during these matches, for a punishment to be handed down he must have been tested and test positive to drugs before the AFL can take any action, which also means he has to have 3 strikes before being named and "shamed"

I think it was the drugs that gave him the edge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should the WCE be penalised?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back