Should we have a nickname change?

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with the really old post about the panthers, but not possible cos of south.

So next best is.......

Port Adelaide Jaguars

Maybe ever a major sponsor in there somewhere?

Ps I hate 'the power' it couldn't be wankier

Watching the America's Game episode on the 1983 Raiders did make me think wistfully of a black and silver prison bar guernsey. And no not grey, but a reflective silver like some of the Raiders merchandise.

Eddie's not opposed to the pb design just the use of black and white stripes. Well silver ain't white.

Ah well ... what might've been.

It's not so much Power v Raiders. I get why Port went down that path and it's not an issue for me.

But the one distinctive, iconic Port element that we could have taken with us into the Big Show was the traditional Port guernsey. I've always thought the black and teal (dark teal) would have looked good as an actual guernsey. Photoshop illustrations don't really work. But black and silver would have been good too.

We could even have done it when we switched to the V jumper. I like the V jumper it looks bold and traditional but it has nothing to do with Port's history. We're forging a new tradition in it, fair enough.

But it doesn't come from not Port's. It's like those stylised PAFC logos that appear on merchandise in the Gear Shop now and again. They look traditional but we've never used anything like that. So it's faux history.

In the end now it's just debate for the sake of it. There won't be any changes so it's not worth getting too excited about.

But a black and silver prison bar tee or rugby top might look quite good. ;)

Watching the America's Game episode on the 1983 Raiders did make me think wistfully of a black and silver prison bar guernsey. And no not grey, but a reflective silver like some of the Raiders merchandise.

Eddie's not opposed to the pb design just the use of black and white stripes. Well silver ain't white.

I know, right?

I remember going to a very early game the year they unveiled the silver Port jackets - might've even been a balmy Foundation Cup night at Footy Park - around the time there was much speculation we'd be wearing an alternate guernsey here and there.

Silver was the colour du jour, so much so that in the aftermath of the sub-licence victory Rooch seemed adamant we would in fact be going with a silver'n'black PB variant.

As it happens out trotted Timmy, George, Clive'n'co in the least Port Adelaide thing I'd seen since losing to Woodville in September.

Nope, the pb's are part of our SANFL identity

I really like our current jumper for our AFL identity

One club, 2 jumpers, 2 competitions

I just wish we were the Magpies & the Sharks

At least that is what I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should we have a nickname change?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back