Rex

All Australian
Sep 16, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
sydney swans
There is no doubt they are after our territory and I've heard Robert Walls mention before that we should do everything in our power to ensure that soccer does not flourish.

In what ways could we do this taking into consideration they may be in for a windfall of government dollars over the next few years.

There is no doubt they are after our territory and I've heard Robert Walls mention before that we should do everything in our power to ensure that soccer does not flourish.

In what ways could we do this taking into consideration they may be in for a windfall of government dollars over the next few years.

What a stupid ass mentality:thumbsdown:

if robert walls told you to jump off a bridge/steal a car/vote for pauline hanson/etc etc etc. . .would you do that?

first up, define what you mean by "we", am I included in this "we"?

Why do you feel threatened by other people's interests?

The AFL is welcome to continue to push its brand, but to try and destroy something is akin to fascism, only rediculously petty.

What do I do? I follow both??

Why do you feel threatened by other people's interests?

The AFL is welcome to continue to push its brand, but to try and destroy something is akin to fascism, only rediculously petty.

Kill teh jews (Frank Lowy is a jew) they threaten us!

Destroy soccer? How paranoid are you? Sports can exist side by side, the afl and soccer can easily coexist without damaging the afl brand. Soccer has expanded into FNQ and the Gold Coast, hardly afl areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take a stand and be the only country in the world that has no connection to soccer.....Yep, great thinking there champ.

There is room for all sports. The AFL are their own worst enemy. Not soccer or any other sport.

Come on guys I'm serious here.

They want to exclusively be called football and want to take the goverment dollars.

Just because a few of you don't like Robert Walls doesn't mean we should go easy on this issue.

They want to exclusively be called football
and want to take the goverment dollars.

Just because a few of you don't like Robert Walls doesn't mean we should go easy on this issue.

Apart from the USA, it's called Football everywhere in the world. Why should we be any different?

Dunno about "taking a stand" against them. But AFL should certainly not do be doing them any favours. I hate how the pricks are trying to brainwash everyone into calling it Football. And the lameass media go along with it.

They want to exclusively be called football and want to take the goverment dollars.

WE!!

there you go again with this "we" thing.

who's "we"?

Ahhh, so it's semantics you are worried about.

I support both games. Attend both games, enjoy both games.

I do think football is the AFL's only long term competitor, but really what can you expect from a game that's played all over the world as compared to a parochial home grown product. My gut feeling is that they can live with each other.
Now as a Rugby Union fan......

I vote we get a petition together and send it with our most adamant objections to Canberra. That should do it.

If not then pitchforks and stage a protest in front of Parliament house........

I can't understand why people are scared of soccer. Its a great game, but not in Australia and will never threaten AFL here.

Apart from the USA, it's called Football everywhere in the world. Why should we be any different?

It is Association Football that is it's proper name, Soccer is like the word Footy and should be perfectly acceptable.

Most other countries do not have another code of football, apart from maybe the Rugby Codes which are often referred to as Rugby or Union or League any way.

If every other country called Australia Boganland should we do it as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Should we take a stand against soccer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back