Pets Show us your Doggy

Remove this Banner Ad

My 15 year old Airedale. What a beast :)

K43z4.jpg
They're beasts alright.

Albert Payson Terhune wrote of the Airedale: "Among the mine-pits of the Aire, the various groups of miners each sought to develop a dog which could outfight and outhunt and outthink the other miner's dogs. Tests of the first-named virtues were made in inter-mine dog fights. Bit by bit, thus, an active, strong, heroic, compactly graceful and clever dog was evolved – the earliest true form of the Airedale. He is swift, formidable, graceful, big of brain, an ideal chum and guard. ....To his master he is an adoring pal. To marauders he is a destructive lightning bolt."

Terriers are evil smart, but need to be trained.

A lot must show up at Lost Dogs home becuase people think JR and Foxiers are cute toy dogs.

My Dad's Airedale had to be destroyed after it went two people, but it didn't have a problem handling the Doberman or German Shepherd it thought it was going my old man. The other breed of dog bolted home after it saw the Airedale own it's mate. :thumbsu: :D

A terrier that size would be a handful.

Used to roam for miles after jumping the fence.

They're beasts alright.

Albert Payson Terhune wrote of the Airedale: "Among the mine-pits of the Aire, the various groups of miners each sought to develop a dog which could outfight and outhunt and outthink the other miner's dogs. Tests of the first-named virtues were made in inter-mine dog fights. Bit by bit, thus, an active, strong, heroic, compactly graceful and clever dog was evolved – the earliest true form of the Airedale. He is swift, formidable, graceful, big of brain, an ideal chum and guard. ....To his master he is an adoring pal. To marauders he is a destructive lightning bolt."

Terriers are evil smart, but need to be trained.

A lot must show up at Lost Dogs home becuase people think JR and Foxiers are cute toy dogs.

My Dad's Airedale had to be destroyed after it went two people, but it didn't have a problem handling the Doberman or German Shepherd it thought it was going my old man. The other breed of dog bolted home after it saw the Airedale own it's mate. :thumbsu: :D

A terrier that size would be a handful.

Used to roam for miles after jumping the fence.
Oh wow sounds like he was a very protective dog. Mine has been quite the opposite, he was the outcast of the litter and also the 'fat' one of the litter. With Airedales people tend to look for the show dog in the litter whereas I knew instantly I wanted him. He is an incredibly placid dog, never attacked another dog or a human, he does like to hump any dog though haha.

Couldn't recommend an Airedale highly enough, they are so loyal and they run all day. He had paddocks to run through and rabbits to chase growing up and he'd be gone for hours with his nose to the ground on the hunt. Very independant too, would much rather spend time sniffing and hunting than interact with other dogs, loves attention and in my exerience are one of the easiest dogs to train, pick things up pretty quickly! Surprisingly good with kids too, just need to make sure you train them so they don't jump up on people otherwise not so good :p

dogsandgarden012.jpg]
[/URL][/IMG]

Hope this works. Here is a pic of my dogs, Bonnie (black patch on one eye) and Clyde taken not long ago. Bonnie was 11 this month and Clyde was 10 in March. snoozing now.

Okay, had to upload more:

imageioi.jpg

Being woken up...

imagepjx.jpg

Got plenty more. I'm going to spend a lot of my time putting pics up on this thread, I reckon :D:thumbsu:
Your dog is the spitting image of my dog rubi!

Does she love chicken and getting patted 24/7?

Your dog is the spitting image of my dog rubi!

Does she love chicken and getting patted 24/7?

Loooooves chicken, and enjoys getting patted. Loves a tummy rub and getting scratched behind the ears, although I guess most dogs enjoy that. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loooooves chicken, and enjoys getting patted. Loves a tummy rub and getting scratched behind the ears, although I guess most dogs enjoy that. :thumbsu:
Our dogs must be related haha

Stealing my place on the couch

Kitchen supervisor

and when we first brought her home

This is my boy Petey. He used to know a lot of tricks. Not anymore. Now, he will roll over with a little encouragement. Oh, and he plays dead like a champ.

roadkill_pictures_06.jpg

He loves the beach by the looks of things, look at him, all relaxed and not a care in the world ;)

I've had five dogs during my lifetime, all of whom have long since passed on, but I thought I'd contribute with an old photo of a couple of them anyway:

n516635008_1446587_7613.jpg

Airedale Terriers Heathcliff (foreground) and Cathy, named after the main characters from Wuthering Heights, along with a 3-year-old me, circa 1991.

My Girl Chloe 3 year old English Staffy x American Staffy

268245_2246615289902_1383775924_2635385_5333935_n.jpg

Beautiful! I also have an English x American Staffy. 7 month old boy named Harvey

harv2v.jpg

As with yours, you may notice he's always on the couch!

harv1.jpg

But I suppose it gets like that when some arseh*le steals your house!

harv3.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Pets Show us your Doggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back